Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

If the article is correct and she does do a electric style album shes will , i think, return or surpass the number of fans from the 2003 era and these fans will be mostly in Mexico and the US. hopefully.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 04-29-2009, 05:58 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
If the article is correct and she does do a electric style album shes will , i think, return or surpass the number of fans from the 2003 era and these fans will be mostly in Mexico and the US. hopefully.
Let's hope so. If it's to be a sucess there has to be great promotional work and there has to be a tour to promote? So far there has been little news of either so i have my doubts.
But, no more major label? That's a bit alarming? What is 'Institubes'? Has she lost her contract with RCA?
Old 04-29-2009, 06:04 PM
M'alizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
But, no more major label? That's a bit alarming? What is 'Institubes'? Has she lost her contract with RCA?
don't know, but for me is important her album. sure her carreer also, but i am only waiting for the 4th album. want to hear her new style.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Being a fan of progressive music, many of my favorite albums are concept albums. I’m all for the idea as long as it’s done right. As a matter of fact, I find it exciting news. How the “electro” thing will work out, I don’t know. I just don’t want anything to overshadow the “Alizée” factor.

Alizee’s courage never ceases to amaze me. Since Psychédélices didn’t do as well as she hoped, one might think she would be looking for the “sure thing” this time around, something safe and predictable that would appeal to the masses. But Alizée seems to know where she wants to go musically, and she isn't going to allow criticism or fear over her career stop her from doing it.

As far as the record company goes, Sony/BMG released a card listing Alizée in the “to come” section for new releases. I posted it a while back; it’s on the 4th page of this thread. My guess (and it’s only a guess) is she is still with Sony for promotion and distribution, but the recording is being done under the "Institubes" label. Of course her relationship with Sony could have changed in the last few months. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:41 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

If she wants to do her own thing I think she has to start, more or less, over from the ground. Most people know her for her two first albums, few seem to know about the new album/style. If she comes out with a strong album now, I think it's a good idea to start doing gigs at smaller places and more often to build up her reputation again, if she wants a career. Obviously she couldn't sell out Grand Rex, lack of promotion or whatever. And the latest one in Mexico, people sitting down eating? I don't know how the situation is in France or elsewhere for that matter, but to many people seem to live, if living at all, in the past with the lolita, Alizée doesn’t.

<3
Old 04-29-2009, 07:04 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

This is the problem really?
Personally, i loved Psych and if the new album is half as good i'll be pleased. Hell, if she records an album of Ukrainian folk songs i'll be pleased!!(well, not really, but you know what i mean).
But for it to be a success it has to promoted properly (especially in France).
She HAS to tour.
Are there any signs of a tour in the works? No? Or if there is, when are we going to hear about it (if the album is due?). Or maybe she dosen't want to and is happy to be a niche/cult act from now? So many maybes??
I think the new one will be more rocky/electro-poppy. I can't wait.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:12 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
This is the problem really?
Personally, i loved Psych and if the new album is half as good i'll be pleased. Hell, if she records an album of Ukrainian folk songs i'll be pleased!!(well, not really, but you know what i mean).
Hey, there's nothing wrong with ukrainan folk songs, just listen to Milla Jovovich's In a glade

<3
Old 04-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Get in,sit down,HANG ON!!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. is on a distinguished road

You guys in and around NYC should be pretty jazzed with the news about Edie Sedgwick potentially being the subject matter of the new album. After all, the "Big Apple" played a central part in the "Edie" phenomenon, so I just can not imagine that there would not be a concert date or at the very least an appearance in "The City That Never Sleeps".

My gut tells me 50/60 alone, nearly made it happen.

I just hope Alizée doesn't parallel Edie too closely, most of her story was not pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
As far as the record company goes, Sony/BMG released a card listing Alizée in the “to come” section for new releases. I posted it a while back; it’s on the 4th page of this thread. My guess (and it’s only a guess) is she is still with Sony for promotion and distribution, but the recording is being done under the "Institubes" label. Of course her relationship with Sony could have changed in the last few months. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Do we know if "Institubes" and Sony/BMG have any combined relationships with other artists?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

umm who the heck is Eddie Sedgwick lol?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Get in,sit down,HANG ON!!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj View Post
umm who the heck is Eddie Sedgwick lol?
Ooooops, you didn't know?

Being an Angel fan is like going to school.....there is homework involved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edie_Sedgwick

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZVRmt0J6JNg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZVRmt0J6JNg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont