Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-24-2007, 02:08 AM
Old Geezer & Music Critic

AmericanFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyomingGrizFan View Post
Besides which, didn't someone a while back blame all the violence in America on 'Tom and Jerry' cartoons? On my own part, I never read too much into the cartoons I saw anyway, although I'd have to say my favorite was Donald Duck contra those chipmunks Chip and Dale. I guess I grew up on the childish dramas that appeared on Walt Disney and how can anyone but help feeling sorry for the kids today that don't know anything about the 'Three Stooges?'
Yes, that was a pretty popular complaint. For the record... when I did my rant about Olive being a slut and Wimpy causing many of us to go into debt, it was merely my feeble attempt at humor.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:19 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanFan View Post
I dream of Jeannie just made me want to hurl.
I guess then that it's Mary Ann (of Gilligan's Island) over Jeannie, then?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:32 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanFan View Post
I thought 99 was pretty hot. Other shows like Bewitched and I dream of Jeannie just made me want to hurl. WTF is wrong with those guys? Nobody would really act like that if they had wives that could blink or twitch anything into existence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyomingGrizFan View Post
I guess then that it's Mary Ann (of Gilligan's Island) over Jeannie, then?
Don't mess with Jeannie.

I just wish they had the guts to not cover her navel (she always thought this was rediculous).

I always thought 99 was portrayed as being a a little too innocent however.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 AM

The first thing I would have done would be to kill Gilligan. The second thing would be to put the skipper on a diet! You don't get that fat off of coconuts! He was dipping into the other supplies.
Then... I'd catch a ride home with the camera crew. They showed up each week to film those clowns so they must have had a boat.

Anyway... if you are ever unfortunate enough to watch that show again pay attention to the boat(s) in the opening sequence and the end. There are several. The one leaving the harbor is not the same as the one in the storm. It changes again to a third boat on the beach. You would think that with salvaged material from at least three boats, they could at least make one that works.

PLEASE... don't get me Started on Lost In Space. I would have killed Dr. Smith too.

Feel free to bring up Petticoat Junction. I wouldn't have minded a dip in the water tank with the girls from The Shady Rest.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:40 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

I loooooved Petticoat Junction as a kid. I can't remember anything about it though except that I loved it and it had something to do with Green Acres (was it a spin-off?)
Old 10-24-2007, 04:49 AM

Don't worry, 'Rev,' I liked both Mary Ann and Jeannie. Jeannie walking around in but her 'master's' shirt in the pilot of the series was rather risqué, I thought, but still enjoyable none the less. Besides which, those chicks they had in 'The Wild, Wild West' (the TV series) were some of the most beautiful I had ever seen; at least up to then and then some.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
I loooooved Petticoat Junction as a kid. I can't remember anything about it though except that I loved it and it had something to do with Green Acres (was it a spin-off?)
Yes it was! Several characters appeared in both shows. The Shady Rest was in or near Hooterville. Uncle Joe was often in Drucker's store and also the Chief of the Hooterville Fire Dept.

Green Acres was awesome!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:11 AM

you beat me to it there, 'AmericanFan.' At least in mentioning the one township that shows up in both series: Hooterville. It was probably because of the 'hoots' that the locomotive made when it entered into the 'Junction' that it was named after. You know, 'hoot, hoot'....Yeah, right. Not like in 'hooters,' huh?

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 10-24-2007 at 05:18 AM..
Old 10-24-2007, 08:47 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

The things our Lili inspires us to talk about never ceases to amaze me.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

I always had a bit of a "thing" for Mary Tyler Moore's "Laura Petrie" on the old "Dick VanDyke Show". Very, very MILFy back in those days.