Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Cool US fan trips to 2010 Mexico shows

It is FAR more likely that Alizée will do 2010 shows in Mexico than in the US. Why can't Americans ponder traveling to Mexico to see Alizée in person if and when she performs there?

This thread serves as a meeting place for US fans potentially interested in such a show trip. What methods of sharing costs for lodging, travel and maybe other expenses can be worked out? Who can speak decent Spanish to help his fellow sojourners make their way? Can Mexican members of AAm suggest ways for travelers to save money and avoid problems, allowing more students and others with limited funds to visit Mexico? For example, is it practical to use trains to travel between the US border and Mexico City? What other things might strangers do when visiting a particular Mexican city?

No commitment is necessary at present. But do make a short post here now if you have the least possible interest. And please record your city, state, and Spanish skills. Is anyone rich enough to hire <i>Her Awesomeness</i> Karlalizee as the tour guide?

I notice that the 2008 Mexican shows were documented in the thread <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3729"><i> [2008-06-17] Psychédélices Mexico Tour Audit</i></a>. After cancellations, there were 5 shows in 4 cities. (Perhaps many of the same show cities would be on a 2010 Mexican tour.) Some AAm fans attended multiple shows, undertaking an Alizée pilgrimage. One of the shows was in a city within about 100 miles of the US (Texas) border, Monterrey. This led someone to <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=104382&postcount=175">suggest</a> one could stay in Texas and drive to and from the show to avoid issues like a lack of skill in Spanish. Someone from Monterrey itself offered <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=100718&postcount=43">advice</a> to visitors to his city. (Karlalizee's folks live nearby at the southern tip of Texas in Brownsville: I wonder if their basement is big enough to host Alizée's first US concert! )

Other parties <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=105844&postcount=207">warned</a> that cameras other than those on cellphones would not be permitted, so appreciate how fortunate Scruffy and his entourage were to shoot AJ up close and personal in Paris last week!

All aboard the San Pedro Express! (And bring your furled Alizée America banner.)

<center><object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqySOwqRumw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqySOwqRumw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object></center>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 04-06-2010 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: reference 2008 Mexican tour thread
Old 04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

An excellent proposal, doc. But I don't think Alizée has time to perform 2,010 shows in Mexico. She would probbly be quite tired! Lol but really, whether or not Alizée comes here, it is very likely she will visit Mexico. I know 0 Spanish (i grew up after the 'Dora' age), and would not be useful for that type of thing. As for Karla, she has family in Mexico, and speaks Spanish. She would make a great interpretor, if she goes. But she has expressed that she may be leaving the site (and Alizée), due to the fact she dislike the new style. But we do have others that speak Spanish fluently. This is all very confusing, as we don't even know yet whether she is going to be in America or not. I think we need to wait for a bit more tour info, then make a decision. But good idea to bring it up early!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Should Alizée hold a concert in Mexico, I think it would be easier on the majority of us to all go as a group; I and a few others speak Spanish pretty well, so we can hang out in the front of the group and do all the talking...

Plus from the small portion of Mexico I've visited (Southern California, yo... drivin' down to the border to get cheap terra-cotta pots n such)... it's much better *cough*safer*cough* for all of us to stick with those we know...

Nah, if it's in the more urban areas like last time, we should be fine
Old 04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I know MANY people here speak Spanish since it is unofficially America's Most Spoken 2nd Language. And I know it quite well myself but due to age restriction and protective parents I will not be able to attend. But VVV she already announced she will most likely come to Mexico in SEPTEMBER 2010
Old 04-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Aaronius, you missed my joke there. Doc looked like was saying she was doing 2,010 shows total in Mexico, so I was making fun of him. I know she wants to tour in Mexico, I was just trying to be funny, guess I failed miserably ...
Old 04-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I was thinking about this as well. I've mentioned it in several places, I'm really interested in going to Mexico for any concerts being held there. Of course, none of us can really guarantee that we'll be there, I'm no exception. I will however do everything in my power to convince my parents to let me go. I'm not rich at all, and sharing the costs for lodging as you said would be most welcome

- I'm not Mexican, and have never been to Mexico, but I am Latino and I do speak fluent Spanish. Plus looking like one of the homies won't hurt
- I live in Northern Virginia, about 20 minutes away from Washington D.C. I know we have several members from VA here, is anybody else from here interested?
Old 04-06-2010, 05:58 PM

I certainly am! I have no car , but I live near the same area! And so does Aaronius. But he said he can't go. We could go,but I don't exactly have money... I probably won't be able to make one of her shows, unless it were in Virginia, DC, or Maryland
Old 04-06-2010, 06:02 PM

yah so I booked 10 Suites at the Mexico City Sheraton Resort for all of us and got a Martz Charter bus set up for the trip down...I also reserved some segways for traveling around Mexico City for us. It would be nice if you guys could reimburse me soon. More info to come
Old 04-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
yah so I booked 10 Suites at the Mexico City Sheraton Resort for all of us and got a Martz Charter bus set up for the trip down...I also reserved some segways for traveling around Mexico City for us. It would be nice if you guys could reimburse me soon. More info to come
No need, I already had the private jet fueled and checked for safety. We're waiting on you
Old 04-06-2010, 06:14 PM

Hold on I'm waiting for my sandwich to come out of the oven, I'll be there in a sec

Tags
2010, expedition, group, mexico, visit