Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-13-2010, 04:37 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink 3D news of the week: Help for print media sales going limp?

MSNBC <a href="http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37081730/ns/today-entertainment/">writes</a> in part:<blockquote>"What would people most like to see in 3-D?" asked Playboy founder Hugh Hefner. "Probably a naked lady." ...The magazine's June edition hits newsstands Friday equipped with 3-D glasses... Hefner said he first thought of using it when he launched his magazine in the 1950s... [but] scrapped the idea when he discovered how expensive it would be to include the glasses.</blockquote>He is also quoted as arguing:
<blockquote>"This particular picture is one example of how books and magazines are different (than computer images)... You can <b>hold</b> it in your hands, <b>save</b> them, and as Dad used to, put them under the mattress."</blockquote>which invites these simple questions:

1. <b>Save?</b> Since when do squeegees work as well on paper as screens?
2. <b>Hold?</b> What if your hands are busy doing something else?
3. And finally, where would you <i>least</i> like to get a paper cut?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
MSNBC <a href="http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37081730/ns/today-entertainment/">writes</a> in part:<blockquote>"What would people most like to see in 3-D?" asked Playboy founder Hugh Hefner. "Probably a naked lady." ...The magazine's June edition hits newsstands Friday equipped with 3-D glasses... Hefner said he first thought of using it when he launched his magazine in the 1950s... [but] scrapped the idea when he discovered how expensive it would be to include the glasses.</blockquote>He is also quoted as arguing:
<blockquote>"This particular picture is one example of how books and magazines are different (than computer images)... You can <b>hold</b> it in your hands, <b>save</b> them, and as Dad used to, put them under the mattress."</blockquote>which invites these simple questions:

1. <b>Save?</b> Since when do squeegees work as well on paper as screens?
2. <b>Hold?</b> What if your hands are busy doing something else?
3. And finally, where would you <i>least</i> like to get a paper cut?
first of all, lol.

second, I've taken more damage from a computer than I have from books... books don't shock the shit out of you when you try to upgrade your memory
Old 05-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Stop kidding around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
first of all, lol.

second, I've taken more damage from a computer than I have from books... books don't shock the shit out of you when you try to upgrade your memory
Didn't Mom or Dad ever warn you not to stick any of your protuberances just anywhere?

Sometimes it is useful to do experiments on live electrical circuits, but novices should always first de-energize any gadget on which they work by removing the mains power (or powerful battery cells) and waiting until any electrolytic capacitors are discharged. A talented electronics designer who lectured a short practical electronics course I took as a college freshman told us that people had been killed by electrical circuits using as little as 12 volts. I hope you know that typical US mains supplies are about 120 volts AC. By the way, it is electrical current (analogous to fluid flow rate) and not electrical voltage (analogous to fluid pressure differences) which will determine if you are electrocuted to death or not.

When I was a kid, we were extremely aware of the lethal potential of electricity, because it was used to execute criminals, including some terrible people from places like my tough old childhood neighborhood, and shortly before I was born at that. (For fun, watch my "home movie" <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Inc/dp/B000UL5YY6#player">here</a> by starting the "Theatrical Trailer" on the right. Mr. Reles had lived less than a third mile from the hospital at which I was born and barely more than that from one of the places I lived for years as a child.) I even remember a time when we were playing "cops and robbers" in front of a rare non-tenement home where a bench stood. Unaware how few people were put to death by the "electric chair," we decided there was an incipient demand to increase productivity via parallelism, and the bench became the world's first (and only?) "electric couch" in our sweet little innocent preadolescent imaginations!

Two generations ago, when boys became 8 or so, in rural areas they might well be given their first firearm, and their urban counterparts would receive use of their first adult tools. My father gave me my first soldering iron then, with which I could convert the rare trashed vacuum-tube-based TV set into the only collection of electronic components I could afford for my juvenile experiments. These sets included a transformer for generating well over 15,000 volts, but I almost exclusively confined myself to the "lower" voltage components, in the range of 200 to 400 volts. In all my childhood adventures with electricity, I was only injured once, when a large piece of molten solder landed onto the back of my hand and endowed me with a small enduring "badge of honor" which served the salubrious purpose of reminding me to always anticipate what might happen if a hand slips and there is molten metal around. Goodness knows what terrible fate I was spared by this early "education."

In wealthy countries today, it is extremely common for people to baby their minor children and then complain how useless they are. Perhaps the world would be a better place if there was FAR less <a href="http://www.theonion.com/articles/increasing-number-of-parents-opting-to-have-childr,17159/">"school-homing"</a>?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I stuck something somewhere once....it was because of Alizee, and next thing I know...there was a trashcan in my neighbors yard...
Old 05-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Alizée in 3D???

I feel like no technology would be capable of delivering such divine images and sounds without imploding and creating a black hole.

Just imagine this would me, would ya? The J'en Ai Marre dance... Alizée in that sexy black suit... dancing... on a massive theater sized screen... in 3D. The Goddess herself would appear to be directly in front of you, just feet from your face.. ZOMG!

Old 05-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Alizée in 3D???

I feel like no technology would be capable of delivering such divine images and sounds without imploding and creating a black hole.

Just imagine this would me, would ya? The J'en Ai Marre dance... Alizée in that sexy black suit... dancing... on a massive theater sized screen... in 3D. The Goddess herself would appear to be directly in front of you, just feet from your face.. ZOMG!
would it be too much to handle? Maybe just the right amount so we are able to handle it!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:22 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
would it be too much to handle? Maybe just the right amount so we are able to handle it!
thousands would lie face down in theaters across the world
Old 05-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
Lets put it this way, it'll be twice as crazy as it'll be when Star Craft 2 arrives in Korea.

There, does that put things into perspective?

Old 05-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
thousands would lie face down in theaters across the world
And once 3D TV's are more advanced and are very common in homes, everyone will bow down to her and our mission will be succesful
Old 05-16-2010, 06:17 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
And once 3D TV's are more advanced and are very common in homes, everyone will bow down to her and our mission will be succesful
alizee is taking over, one city at a time.

Tags
2010, 3dimesional, alizee, en concert, mexico