Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-19-2012, 02:41 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road
Default Instagram/Facebook has gone too far - again

From Reuters -

"Instagram, which spurred suspicions this week that it would sell user photos after revising its terms of service, has sparked renewed debate about how much control over personal data users must give up to live and participate in a world steeped in social media."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8BI05A20121219

Good grief!!!

Somebody needs to tell Alizée that her photos can someday be used to sell ... anything. Her permission is not needed and she will not be credited nor compensated.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:27 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
From Reuters -

"Instagram, which spurred suspicions this week that it would sell user photos after revising its terms of service, has sparked renewed debate about how much control over personal data users must give up to live and participate in a world steeped in social media."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8BI05A20121219

Good grief!!!

Somebody needs to tell Alizée that her photos can someday be used to sell ... anything. Her permission is not needed and she will not be credited nor compensated.
Some entrepreneurs have already been doing that for years!

I think Alizee even mentioned that on an interview and even credited it for helping her popularity in Mexico and other South American countries.

I actually think it might help Alizee even if the companies don't name her. With Google's image search, people will know her as well as her songs.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:31 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Hey I thought about it time to time but realized that there are four of five AA members in the area that would have seen it. Then I would have had to put up with them calling my business bitching at me for using the picture.

Have no idea how many AF members also live around me so you could add those in with the lurkers. The one picture of a woman I do use I snagged off a French website of a similar business in Paris to mine.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I don't know what's more troubling, the fact that someone thought this up, or the fact that a lot of other people saw nothing wrong with it and decided to go through with the change to the terms of service. I need to find an app that has the same filters without the social networking aspect.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 12-19-2012, 06:09 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Canceled facebook a few days ago. Got sick of that crap anyway.

AZHIRI YOU NEVER CHECK YOUR EMAIL! I sent you something. It was along the lines of "need addy for present to gib u, cutie pie lolz" except slightly more eloquent.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 12-19-2012, 11:29 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I need to find an app that has the same filters without the social networking aspect.
Well there's one - it's called "Photoshop!"
Just kidding! This kind of thing might make Alizee hesitant of sharing her photos.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:32 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
... This kind of thing might make Alizee hesitant of sharing her photos.
Exactly. If she feels she cannot trust putting them out there, then she will hesitate. As she is an artist, the idea of losing ownership of YOUR images the moment you put them out there would likely be hard to take.

Facebook has been testing the limits of privacy almost from day one. I have been repeatedly surprised at their gall. They finally got called on it by the Federal government, and entered into a consent decree where they promised to behave. But they still want to be bad... Solution - buy another company, keep it somewhat separate, and they can start with the mischief all over again.

Tags
facebook, instagram, photo, privacy