Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Grab your gear and move in.

...cause you're tired of livin' in a van down by the river.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:01 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Grab your gear and move in.

...cause you're tired of livin' in a van down by the river.
Love Chris Farley. He's from my town, doncha know. But what does that have to do with this thread?

I like that CFH likes this stuff.

Deepwaters, you may be totally right, she may have read it all five times you mention. (Wowee!) Or maybe she still re-reads it every night before retiring. But in any case, it gave Scruffy something nice to bring along to France!

BTW, Scruff, did anybody ever ask you this:
Did customs wonder what you were doing with all those CD's? Did anyone hassle you for import taxes?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:17 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

BTW, Scruff, did anybody ever ask you this:
Did customs wonder what you were doing with all those CD's? Did anyone hassle you for import taxes?
They never questioned me and I listed the value of the cd's as bein 1,300 dollars but they never mentioned anything about taxes. I honestly think they do a lot of profiling and I don't think I fit the typical smuggler, tax evader profile.

As far as what I think the letter should say, this is more or less along the idea of what I was thinking.

Dear Alizée,
I'd like to apologize for not thinking to thank you for what you did for us at the Virgin Megastore last month when I was there. I was in such a state of disbelief, never thinking this dream come true would ever take place, even up to the last minutes, that I was so ill prepared for this event, that I never thought to do the obvious of thanking you. It meant a huge amount to me personally and to this forum. There are no words that can express how grateful we are. What you did for us with this private autograph session, the gold pens, is so classy and so typical of the beautiful young French woman we all know as Alizée, that just adds another reason, to so many others, why you wil be so endeared in our hearts as no other who has come before you..
Merci beaucoup,
Old 04-21-2010, 12:05 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
They never questioned me and I listed the value of the cd's as bein 1,300 dollars but they never mentioned anything about taxes. I honestly think they do a lot of profiling and I don't think I fit the typical smuggler, tax evader profile.

As far as what I think the letter should say, this is more or less along the idea of what I was thinking.

Dear Alizée,
I'd like to apologize for not thinking to thank you for what you did for us at the Virgin Megastore last month when I was there. I was in such a state of disbelief, never thinking this dream come true would ever take place, even up to the last minutes, that I was so ill prepared for this event, that I never thought to do the obvious of thanking you. It meant a huge amount to me personally and to this forum. There are no words that can express how grateful we are. What you did for us with this private autograph session, the gold pens, is so classy and so typical of the beautiful young French woman we all know as Alizée, that just adds another reason, to so many others, why you wil be so endeared in our hearts as no other who has come before you..
Merci beaucoup,
Very nice.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:29 AM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

Dear Alizée,
Merci beaucoup,
Nuf said right there. Short, sweet, and to the point. Very well done, Scruffy.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:55 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
Nuf said right there. Short, sweet, and to the point. Very well done, Scruffy.
Yes Scruffy, it conveys everything we want to say. Extremely well written.

Quote:
So, fb can be considered as an option. It's easy. She will read it, like it, as she does for others, but what I hope is that she will reply too.
Yes, FB is a great option. Deepwaters also suggested that FB is a good idea.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I have another suggestion: don't do it as a private message. The thanks should be public. If it's short enough to fit on a wall message, do that. If not, clean it up, post it here, and put a link to it on a wall message.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-21-2010, 11:20 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I have another suggestion: don't do it as a private message. The thanks should be public. If it's short enough to fit on a wall message, do that. If not, clean it up, post it here, and put a link to it on a wall message.
I've never posted a wall message, so you'll have to edjumacate me and which wall?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:15 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
...The letter itself could be made out of brief notes from all the participating members thanking her for her gesture in their own words, and then someone could translated it in French. We could also attach our signature at the end of each note, or just use the template that we already have. Also, even those that did not get a signed cd could participate, so that she can see that there's more then 50 members to this forum, we could add that we didn't want to bombard her with more cds.

Edit: Example of one note:
Alizée you're a great source of inspiration for all of us. Not only because of your talent in music, but also because of the unique and beautiful person that you've become. Thank you for taking the time to sign our cds, but most importantly thank you for sharing yourself with us, and enhancing the quality of our own life experience. Good continuation ☮ ♥ ♫ ~ Jess
A good idea, although I would suggest that the thank-you should just be from the 50/60.

If we do include notes from all, I would suggest each note be limited to no more than (let's say) 40 words. One possibility would be for the English to be on the left side and a French translation on the right side.

The letter could start off with some common language; the stuff all of us would say, such as thank you for signing the cds, so the 40 words could really be personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
I am not exactly sure about for what you propose we collectively thank her. Is it for doing a private meeting? Holding the Open Letter on camera? Signing the 50+ CDs? Acknowledging AAm? Being Alizée? All of the above? More?
Good questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
...Since AAm is based on a geographical idea, I think it would be nice if any collective thank you documented the locations of the autographed CD recipients. Using a world map, which especially zoomed in on the US, one can place a teeny CD icon on each approximate location a CD was shipped. (That would also remind some disappointed people outside the US that in the end, Scruffy went the EXTRA MILE to forward some autographed CDs overseas as well.)

It is not all that difficult to turn the CD icons into hot spots, so that when you mouse over one, up pops a window which displays a written message, shows a snapshot, or even plays an audio or YouTube thank-you. But would this be gilding the Lili? It would be work....

...Being lazy, I recommend going for the static CD destination locator map, adding a couple frames of Alizée from the "coo-coo" and "autographing" video clips to establish context, and explaining both with a single paragraph thank-you text, which is posted to the AAm Facebook account in a way which will also create a note on the Corsican girl's Facebook wall because she is a group member...
Interesting ideas. Also, being a techie, she might enjoy the interactive idea.

Quote:
... So I've said it before, that seeing her actually hold it in her hands, I think meant a lot to the people who put it together and even the people who just read it and agreed with what it said.
Saying that, in one sentence as part of a group letter, might be a good idea. It would explain why we re-presented a letter we already knew she had received.