Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-08-2020, 03:22 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

In 2013, I saw her again at 2 Les Enfoires shows in Paris. At one of them, she appeared to give me "the look".
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
He needs to change his name from ScruffyDog to LuckyDog
I must agree with CleverCowboy.
Scruffy, you have seen her a lot of times. Wow!

Anyway, I have a question:
Why doesn't Alizée follow Alizée America on social networks? Actually I can't see whether she follows the Facebook page but she doesn't on Instagram.
I know that she is very cautious about the relationship with her fans, but she follows a fanpage from Russia, one from Argentina and one from France on Instagram (a part from Alizée updates).
It's strange if you think that, thanks to Scruffy, she has had direct contact with the forum a couple of times when her singing career was still active. There was even that private autograph session in 2010.
Maybe she wants to follow only one fan page per language (French, Spanish, English), but there is already Alizée Updates that is probably "official"...

Last edited by Aragorn97; 05-08-2020 at 03:24 PM..
Old 05-08-2020, 08:29 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think she prefers to do the minimum she has to do to stay in touch. Her family and private life means more to her than her career. That's just the way she is.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:54 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Alizée Updates that is probably "official"...
I suspect they have some kind of special access, maybe direct contact, perhaps they are Alizée's favorite somehow... But they are fans too.

Why doesn't she follow us? * During 2014 and part of 2015 (and occasionally since) I tried to build up the following of AAm's social media on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook but it wasn't all that successful. The most popular posts were always the JEAM and JPVA MCE era photos. Ray suggested that only posting that old stuff was not directly helping her then current career efforts, so I tried to stick to Blonde and DALS Tour content. I had one "Throwback Thursday" per week where I would post her older stuff.

The result of all that? A few hundred more followers, but mostly I see MANY of the photos I edited and posted being shared by Other fan accounts, with Their watermarks and fanpage names ()
Sorry to rant, Ray also said I shouldn't try to take ownership of my efforts (even if others do?) since they are for Alizée at the end of the day

* I think she follows us on Twitter, but that's it.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:22 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyway, I have a question:
Why doesn't Alizée follow Alizée America on social networks? Actually I can't see whether she follows the Facebook page but she doesn't on Instagram.
I suspect it is because Alizee America is a forum-- and not merely a fan page. Its her shyness--- I think forums make her uncomfortable.

Quote:
I know that she is very cautious about the relationship with her fans, but she follows a fanpage from Russia, one from Argentina and one from France on Instagram (a part from Alizée updates).
They're fan pages and not forums, correct? (That's my point.)

Quote:
It's strange if you think that, thanks to Scruffy, she has had direct contact with the forum a couple of times when her singing career was still active. There was even that private autograph session in 2010.
Maybe she wants to follow only one fan page per language (French, Spanish, English), but there is already Alizée Updates that is probably "official"...
That's an interesting point--- perhaps that autograph session would contradict my theory. But in the case of the private autograph session, I think its like being on stage for her--- sitting behind a desk and signing papers--- its like a public performance and her shyness is not an issue.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Why doesn't she follow us? *
Because we're a forum and we "discuss" her. Even though she is probably honored that there is forum dedicated to her, at the same time it makes her uncomfortable.

Quote:
The result of all that? A few hundred more followers, but mostly I see MANY of the photos I edited and posted being shared by Other fan accounts, with Their watermarks and fanpage names ()
Sorry to rant, Ray also said I shouldn't try to take ownership of my efforts (even if others do?) since they are for Alizée at the end of the day

There is nothing wrong with putting an "Alizee America" watermark in the corner of pictures you've edited/created. In fact, you should do this, because as you stated other people are taking advantage of your efforts on behalf of the forum.

(I think the primary benefit of the watermark would be to promote the forum to fans.)

Quote:
How do you know that? (I'm not questioning it, I just wonder how you determine that.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 05-09-2020 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-09-2020, 11:59 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
How do you know that? (I'm not questioning it, I just wonder how you determine that.)
It's been a while since I last logged in to the AAm Twitter, but I remember that you could visit another user's profile and it would notify you if they were following you. I think you can also see what users someone follows when going to their page.

Before clicking Submit Reply I decided to check and sure enough:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200509_235622.jpg (84.3 KB, 41 views)
Old 05-10-2020, 03:43 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I suspect they have some kind of special access, maybe direct contact, perhaps they are Alizée's favorite somehow... But they are fans too.
Yes, I'm curious to know what's behind that fanpage...

Quote:

Quote:

There is nothing wrong with putting an "Alizee America" watermark in the corner of pictures you've edited/created. In fact, you should do this, because as you stated other people are taking advantage of your efforts on behalf of the forum.

(I think the primary benefit of the watermark would be to promote the forum to fans.)
I agree with Mr Coucou. I don't know what kind of editing you are talking about, but if you create something, putting the watermark is good for the forum and therefore for Alizée as well. Freebooting also happens in these times, even if Alizée's career is not active... I think some people only want to have many followers without caring much about her.

Quote:
I suspect it is because Alizee America is a forum-- and not merely a fan page. Its her shyness--- I think forums make her uncomfortable.

They're fan pages and not forums, correct? (That's my point.)
Yes, they should be just fan pages.
I didn't think about what you say. It may be true... But there shouldn't be much difference between an Alizée America Facebook/Instagram fan page and other ones. I mean, you can't really discuss on FB or IG... At least that's what I see now, I don't know how it was a few years ago.
Since "we discuss her", it may be that she prefers to keep an eye on the forum much closely without getting noticed...
Old 05-10-2020, 04:32 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Since "we discuss her", it may be that she prefers to keep an eye on the forum much closely without getting noticed...
Maybe one of 'us' is secretly her just posing as a fan, and she's read everything on here
Old 05-10-2020, 05:35 AM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Why doesn't she follow us? * During 2014 and part of 2015 (and occasionally since) I tried to build up the following of AAm's social media on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook but it wasn't all that successful. The most popular posts were always the JEAM and JPVA MCE era photos. Ray suggested that only posting that old stuff was not directly helping her then current career efforts, so I tried to stick to Blonde and DALS Tour content. I had one "Throwback Thursday" per week where I would post her older stuff.

By the way, where is Ray, our old AAm moderator (Ray4AJ)?
I haven't seen him ... since long ago. Does he occasionally visits the forum?
Old 05-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
By the way, where is Ray, our old AAm moderator (Ray4AJ)?
I haven't seen him ... since long ago. Does he occasionally visits the forum?
He decided to step away from the forum a while back, but he is still a fan I believe
Old 05-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Maybe one of 'us' is secretly her just posing as a fan, and she's read everything on here
We have talked about the possibility that Alizee has visited the site, or even continues to visit the site. We have even thought that Annily lurks here, seeing what we have posted about her or what people say about her mother. Who knows, maybe even Greg?

I went a period of several months where I monitored guests on the site that had IP addresses of interest, and use a utility to trace them back to their location. It is common to have a hundred guests on the site at one time. Most are web crawlers, but a good number are lurkers. I've traced back guests to almost every area of the world, but none from Corsica.

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline