Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 02-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTone View Post
Garconcanadien's note: cap is shorthand for "capable", so Cap ou pas cap means "Will you do it or not?"

Yes or no?
Alizee
"Eat with a fan? No problem!"

Since the the release of her first single "Moi...lolita", the beautiful Alizee has walked down a long road. Millions of discs sold, a marriage with Jeremy Chatelain, a baby... Adolescence has made a place in a mature young woman. Her album, called "Psychedelices", released last December, marks a turning in the poetic Alizee's life.

by Julie Moisson

Yes or no to participating in the show "Koh-Lanta"?
No! I am neither courageous nor sporty enough to accomplish all the requirements in this show. Sleep on a beach, but hunting to eat seems impossible to me, and I am very scared of big insects. I won't have to do it one day, I think! (Laugh).

To jump off a parachute?
Yes! But maybe not tomorrow! I am convinced that its necessary to feel a unique and extremely strong sensation when jumping from a parachute. I hope that I will try it one day.

"I got married in Las Vegas!"

To sing in the France Stadium?
Yes! If the public is there to hear me sing, I don't see why I would refuse. For me, its more difficult to put on a show for ten people than ten thousand people or even more.

To dance alone on stage in a nightclub?
No! Going to nightclubs was never my thing, so to do a show on stage, is even less my thing! When I visit my friends, we organise nighttime get-togethers in someone's house or we will go eat in a nice restaurant.

To backpack in a country?
Yes! Leaving for adventure doesn't scare me. It has to be very interesting to live this kind of experience and to discover a people and their customs. I have been dreaming since forever to go to Australia. I hope that it will be my next destination.

To dine in darkness?
No! Impossible! I am kind of scared of stuff that can touch me. I would be much too nervous to be able to dine in darkness.

To marry on a whim in Las Vegas?
Yes! And its already done! It was a cool experience and it gave me many good memories.

To accept a dinner with a male or female fan?
Yes! And I will even say no problem. Most fans that I have met have been calm and respectful with me. In these conditions, I don't know why I would refuse to share a meal with one of them.

To go back and live at your parent's place?
Yes! I visit my parents in Corsica once a month, and I bring them my daughter. I always have a good time with them, and they cuddle me just as much as when I was young. That makes me very happy. (Laugh).

To record an album in English?
For the time being, no, I don't know this language very well. I find it ridiculous to record a CD without understanding the words that I am singing. The day that I become bilingual, we'll see, but to start on the American market makes me very scared.

To act in a TV series?
Yes, if it were in "Prison Break" or "Desperate Housewives"! (Laugh).

To leave and live abroad?
No! I have already spent a lot of time adapting to the capital when I left Corsica, so I haven't the slightest desire to move again. From now own, I have gotten my bearings in Paris, I created a good nest for myself and I feel very good.

"Candy is my life!"

To stop music suddenly?
Yes! If one day, I like something else other than music, I will jump on it. I always promised myself to do everything that I want.

To ask one of your idols for an autograph?
Yes! If I find Madonna, I will ask her without thinking and without shame.

To date a celebrity?
Yes! I have even married one! (Laugh.)

To go scuba diving?
Yes, and its already been done! I have tried it once on vacation near Madagascar. It was great! There were multicoloured fish everywhere, and I still have a marvelous memory of it.

To never eat candy again?
No! Candy is my life! (Laugh.)
Old 02-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ
2008-01-08 - Platine - page 6
Eight years after Laurent Boyer's "Graines de Stars", six years after her first album, four after the second - both of them written and produced by Farmer/Boutonnat-, Alizee has released the album of freedom. She concocted it with her colleague, the father of her child, Jeremy Chatelain (of Star Academy 2). He wrote 8 pieces and called up his favourite author, Jean Fauque (who wrote him the superb but unsuccessful "Variete Francaise", after getting himself known with Bashung...), who brought seven texts tailored to fit (about sensuality, motherhood...). With eleven songs, there are not many songs that are of low quality. These were optimised and done by the best of creators in France, notably Daniel Darc and Frederic Lo (that RCA had already "placed" with Thierry Amiel). Also Oxmo Puccino, with each team contributing two songs. There is also music from Bertrand Bergalat (Christophe Willem). As for the direction, it was shared between Jeremy Chatelain and: the guitarist-engineer of Sylvain Carpentier's sound (for the majority of the songs), Kore, Leslie's colleague (for Puccino's songs), Lo or Bergalat (for their own songs). Is this opening useful? We could ask ourselves that question. Album of enormous digression from popu rap and chic pop (without even counting the great songs in both of these genres), this disc is a bit puzzling. Finally, what we like are the two opening songs, very close to the universe that Mylene created for her: "Mademoiselle Juliette" (chosen as the first single) and "Fifty Sixty" . With a fresh and fun electro rock style, these songs (as well has others from the Chatelain/Fauque duo) like "Lily Town" or the ballad "Idealiser") seem to us the most logical with the picture of the little tangy Corsican, a picture supported by the photos in the CD insert and the leaflet. Despite all the faults of this album of transition, Alizee, always enjoyable and irresistible, really has the right to her place in "French pop", its nice butt between two rocking and popping chairs...
(AB)
Old 02-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ
2008-01-30 - Fan Girl - #12 - page 20 - with collection card
Focus on your darlings
Alizee
"I still have a hard time talking about myself"

The most celebrated lolita makes her comeback. But not just any old come back. Alizee comes back with "Psychedelices", an album crawling with double meanings. Absent for four years, the young woman has become in that time a mother, and just like in her personal life, she wants to give a new feeling to her career.

Since Mes Courants Electriques, your last album, you have let four years pass. Why so much time?
I wanted to step back a bit. During the last four years of my career, things have gone by very very fast. I wanted to take time for myself and my family. And then I wanted to look at things closely. I am delighted about my journey. I have traveled everywhere, I have realized success all the way to Asia. When I have put that all in perspective, I understood the incredible luck that I had.

Yep, you have become a mother. What has this changed in your life?
Its a feeling that is not possible to find anywhere else, even in work. These are feelings that the stage can't even offer. Its a very strong feeling. And it helps to put things in perspective.

With Psychedelices, you seem to have wanted to change your image. Am I wrong?...
In fact, its not really a change. Its an evolution. Before, I didn't decide much in my job. One must not forget that I was 15, and everything that was happening to me was completely new. I was discovering. So really, I let myself be guided. But today, I am 23 and I really have the will to affirm myself.

Did you think, for a moment, to stop your career?
Not for an instant. There was one time, when I took back all the contracts that I signed. I didn't want to have anything to do with it in order to be completely free. I succeeded in creating the album that I wanted. The biggest challenge was to unite all the people that I wanted.

And what new things did you want to give to this album?
A different sound than what is done today. To make sure I didn't get my hands tied, I became my own producer. From there, I worked with completely different people while getting inspiration from music that I like.

And what music is that?
There are several groups with different styles. For example, I like the music of The Killers, or even the sounds of Gorillaz or Daft Punk. And then, within solo artists, I have a weakness for Gwen Stefani.

Would you one day be able to sing a song that you wrote yourself?
Writing is a real talent. Above all, like me, we make double meanings. I don't think that I am capable yet. Music and sound is more my cup of tea. When, moreover, you have somebody like Jean Fauque in your team, who really has a talent for writing, you trust him. And then its necessary to admit that I still have a hard time talking about myself.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:26 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

Thank you garçoncanadien for your hard work. These are a real treat for us.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Merci Beaucoup garcon ^^
really appreciate your hard work.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much, Garçon ! Your translations are excellent and very much appreciated.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:19 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

holy shit! ill have to read all this later. thanks for the translation in advance
Old 02-15-2008, 09:33 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

good work, thank you garçoncanadien. I will be happy reading about Alizee.. some more.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Wow, garcon has been working overtime Thanks for the translations it gave me something to read.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 02-16-2008, 03:06 AM

soik is on a distinguished road

thanks,Garço, for the translations. Been digging around for these for some time.