Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-12-2011, 01:48 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
A much better analysis of this dress, Corsaire. Really Scruffy, you gotta stop coming up with these crazy conspiracies. While MF surely is a genius in my mind, she is not evil or the type of person to make Alizee wear a "maternity dress" to warn her about having a child. MF puts A LOT of thought into songs and how those songs are presented.
Well, I believe my ideas are way “weirder/crazier/scarier” (for the vast majority of people) than anything Scruffy has presented on these forums. For now, I mainly post what I think most people here can deal with. What I wrote about the dress is just but a glimpse of the whole story behind the Gourmandises concept. You can say the same about the Tinker Bell thread.

Who knows, maybe with time the AAm crowd will open up to less conventional topics and then we might be able to openly share really interesting ideas that are past the usual stuff one can read in magazines or watch in TV shows. There is a whole unknown world out there and not many people are willing to invest the time and efforts it takes to see the reality behind the façade. It is very sad, if you ask me.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:08 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A much better analysis of this dress, Corsaire... While MF surely is a genius in my mind, she is not evil or the type of person to make Alizee wear a "maternity dress" to warn her about having a child. MF puts A LOT of thought into songs and how those songs are presented.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Well, I believe my ideas are way “weirder/crazier/scarier” (for the vast majority of people) ... I mainly post what I think most people here can deal with. What I wrote about the dress is just but a glimpse of the whole story behind the Gourmandises concept. You can say the same about the Tinker Bell thread.

Who knows, maybe with time the AAm crowd will open up to less conventional topics and then we might be able to openly share really interesting ideas that are past the usual stuff one can read in magazines or watch in TV shows. There is a whole unknown world out there and not many people are willing to invest the time and efforts it takes to see the reality behind the façade. It is very sad, if you ask me.
Although I don't agree with you regarding the Tinkerbell connection, I do agree completely regarding this one. Thanks very much for the tie-in with the children's game. I believe it to be the key piece of the puzzle on what this song really meant to the French audience. MF & LB are both geniuses, especially when it comes to these types of subliminal pulls. As you said, everybody in the audience would know what they were supposed to do (especially as they were given time to let the realization emerge).
Old 03-12-2011, 06:51 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

i still think i had the best idea.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:59 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
i still think i had the best idea.
I would have to agree.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
All I have is this.....I rather like the dress.
That sums up my whole view on this dress too haha.

Quote:
Really Scruffy, you gotta stop coming up with these crazy conspiracies. While MF surely is a genius in my mind, she is not evil or the type of person to make Alizee wear a "maternity dress" to warn her about having a child. MF puts A LOT of thought into songs and how those songs are presented.
1) You don't know what Mylene was thinking when she made Alizee wear that dress.
2) Scruff is allowed to think up crazy ideas as to what had happened and sharw them. And to tell you the truth, I quite enjoy reading them...
Old 03-12-2011, 07:24 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
has anyone considered it was for convenience? i mean, how many costume changes did she make in this concert? maybe she wanted something she can slip on and off in seconds. same with the boots, kick them off, change, put them back on, run back on stage. makes better sense than the pregnant story.
Makes the most sense + probably quite likely. Practicality is key in all outfits worn on stage, and if it comes before looks then so be it. I must admit that this outfit isn't one of my favourites of hers but neither do I detest it - it's kinda cute.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:28 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As I said before, I had always thought of that dress from the first day I saw it as being a maternity dress and I oftened wondered why MF would have her wear such a dress so I presented a thread where I thought Mylene may have meant it as a warning to Alizee which I dont think is that outlandish an idea.

Now some people responded in an immature fashion to this post and some people responded in a mature fashion such as the post by Corsaire, who said that it was chosen for it's connection with Gourmandises which I think is now the most plausible explanation for this type of dress to be chosen and the added benefit that it would be an easy change during the concert.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:10 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
That sums up my whole view on this dress too haha.

1) You don't know what Mylene was thinking when she made Alizee wear that dress.
2) Scruff is allowed to think up crazy ideas as to what had happened and sharw them. And to tell you the truth, I quite enjoy reading them...
Yeah, you're a bleeding heart, I know.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Now some people responded in an immature fashion to this post and some people responded in a mature fashion such as the post by Corsaire
So what is the mature way for people to say you might be stretching things? You can suggest things that might be questionable but nobody can question you?

Lets say I make a thread suggesting that MF knew about all the craze in Mexico but stayed away from that audience as much as possible because she hates Mexicans. I can imagine some people would shake their heads and face palm at that.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:23 PM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
So what is the mature way for people to say you might be stretching things? You can suggest things that might be questionable but nobody can question you?

Lets say I make a thread suggesting that MF knew about all the craze in Mexico but stayed away from that audience as much as possible because she hates Mexicans. I can imagine some people would shake their heads and face palm at that.
Mylene hates Mexicans??!!! That woman is evil. I thought she was just jealous of Alizee's international success, which is probably why she kept Alizee out of the U.S. too. That Mylene is getting on my nerves.