Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-24-2010, 11:59 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

WTF Nobody told me Kara performed live there! I could have seen them on American tv! Right? Or not?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post

I wouldn't call it lucky. Rather we were un-lucky, we had a perfectly legitimate goal disallowed. Technically, we scored 6 goals so far instead of 4. It's seems to me that there is some effort to screw us because these refs can't stand we doing so good at football.
I was listening to the radio today and they were talking about it. It seriously seems like the refs are out to get us. Nobody seems to be able to tolerate us doing well in soccer! If another goal of ours gets disallowed.. so help me, I will mean things!

On a more happy note, but USA and ROK made into in the elimination round!!! Though, I don't know if ROK will go any further.. Uruguay? Hmm..

Old 06-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I was listening to the radio today and they were talking about it. It seriously seems like the refs are out to get us. Nobody seems to be able to tolerate us doing well in soccer! If another goal of ours gets disallowed.. so help me, I will mean things!

On a more happy note, but USA and ROK made into in the elimination round!!! Though, I don't know if ROK will go any further.. Uruguay? Hmm..
I think its the opposite, FIFA wants the USA to do well to increase soccer popularity here in the United State. I think it is the reffs just honestly making bad calls; not them being out to get anyone.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-24-2010, 06:16 PM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
. I think it is the reffs just honestly making bad calls; not them being out to get anyone.
F.R.Ace is right. Get used to it, its nothing against the US, mistakes happens in all the games. Just ask Spain who got knocked out thanks to some dodgy decisions 4 years ago when playing against South Korea.

The thought that there is some conspiracy against the US is just ludicrous
Old 06-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

As that game went on I kept feeling worse and worse, almost slipping into depression. It seemed like we were destined to lose. I've played soccer all my life and been through those games where you try so hard to get over the hump and when you do the refs take it away. It is very painful and I can only imagine how much it hurts at the biggest stage in soccer.

Watching them struggle all game having chance after chance denied was painful. And having been screwed by the ref's the last two games made it even worse. If you are gonna lose then you want the other team to actually beat you because you can live with that. The refs have screwed them every World Cup since I can remember and that stuff is hard to deal with even as a fan.

Needless to say I was emotional after that goal and when the final whistle blew. My eyes watered up and I'm not afraid to admit it. I felt so happy for them because they deserved that goal so badly. I couldn't believe it either, I was waiting for one of the refs to pull some more crap and take the goal away.

They won the group and rightfully so. Even though its do or die from now on I think a huge weight has been lifted off them and they will be loose and confident going forward.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Italy got kicked out ehehehe awesome go Slovakia hahah
Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EtDVcYFVISY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EtDVcYFVISY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 06-25-2010, 02:09 AM

ZshocksZ is on a distinguished road

i really cant wait for the england germany game. im rooting for england. i have a bet with one of my friends on this game so england better pull through for me!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

I think England will loose to Germany, South Korea i think might have what it takes to beat uruguay, however u spell it lol. USA vs Ghana a big rivarly there since 06 when they knocked us out of hte tournament. i cant wait to watch that game.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
F.R.Ace is right. Get used to it, its nothing against the US, mistakes happens in all the games. Just ask Spain who got knocked out thanks to some dodgy decisions 4 years ago when playing against South Korea.

The thought that there is some conspiracy against the US is just ludicrous
There are people who follow football but not the US team and see bad calls against the U.S. and say that is typical bad call in football, then there are American's who don't football and only show up every 4 years to watch football and when they see a bad call they think it's a honest mistake. As someone who was been a fan of the U.S. team and have been following team USA, even when they used to suck like in '98 when they finished last, I can tell you that there is obvious bias against team USA. I have seen our guys make fouls that got a straight red, but if it was a player from other football powerhouse countries like France, Germany, Brazil, England and they make the same foul they only get a 'yellow'. I have seen goals disallowed like in '02 World Cup when we got screwed over in the Quarterfinals when one of the German defender cheated by sticking his hand out to block the ball from going into the net thus preventing us from getting a penalty. We lost 1-0. I have seen us get screwed over in the Confederations Cup and other games, so you have to be blind not to see that their is an obvious bias if you follow team USA like I do, and not just show up "every 4 years". Not saying every bad call that is against team USA is bias, but I think their is some to warrant us getting screwed. There are referees, who think that we are an inferior team so calling a foul against us and not denying a goal is easy because we are not a football powerhouse, it's not our most favorite sport. If you think that the USA is inferior that is your problem you shouldn't bring that to the football pitch. Since we are getting better and more attention I don't think you will start to see refs making bad calls just because they can get away with it because it's just "Team USA".

And yes I remember very well when Spain got screwed over, but it was in the 2002 World Cup not '06. That has to be the worst called game I have ever seen, Spain scored two goals both were disallowed, one was when the ref thought that it was a foul when one of the Spain players scored, even though it wasn't and the other was when the ball went beyond the goal line when one of the Spanish players centered it to score the goal, even though the ball was kicked right when it was on the line not after it crossed it.

Sigh we lost!

Last edited by Ali; 06-26-2010 at 05:23 PM..

Tags
fifa, france, soccer