Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-03-2021, 10:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
Thank you! I thought my story would go in the 'How did you discover Alizée?' thread of Discussion but I will put it here too.

I have a weird little story then: I have some intermediate level of French and one day I was practising by reading a French discussion about someone forced to apologise for breaking the rules (the exact details not so important anyway). One commenter mused that in France people would not accept responsibility in the same way, it reminded him of the line 'C'est pas ma faute à moi !' with a link to the Moi... Lolita video. I watched that and was instantly hooked by her beauty.

What stands out to me just thinking about this is that music does not play such a huge role in my life - normally I do not try to find so much about a new singer and discover everything about them, much less would I be motivated to join dedicated forum. For Alizée, since my discovery (only a couple of months ago) I've searched for every nugget of information related to her. Proof, if it were needed, that she is special.
For me music has been a big part of my life, a very big part for that matter. Sports also has been a very big part of my life. I've been blessed to live in a city that has many championships in different sports, but for most teams here, I suffered through the lean years before being blessed by the good years.

When there's not much of a positive nature going on in your life, things like music and sports can play such an important role.

Still as much as certain singers, certain songs and certain teams meant to me, I never sought out an autograph, never really looked into someone's background until this little French girl came along. She was a little French girl that blossomed into an incredibly beautiful woman.

I think one of the reasons we follow her so much is the more we learn about her, the more we like her, the more we learn how unique and how special she is. There's only one facet of her life that bothered me, but the more you learn about her, the more you understand why that happened and learn to accept it and that thing is overwhelmed by all the other things that make her special.

Before Alizée

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-03-2021 at 10:33 PM..
Old 08-15-2021, 04:53 PM

Panzerknacker is on a distinguished road

Hello.

I am a relatively new Alizée fan. I discovered her just 6 months ago.

I discovered this forum when I was looking for the meaning of her songs from MF/LB era and I started to read other threads which interested Me. At first I did not want to join but when I saw that some content here is not available for non-members I quickly changed my mind.

Sorry if I make some spelling mistakes but English is not my mother tongue.
Old 08-15-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerknacker View Post
Hello.

I am a relatively new Alizée fan. I discovered her just 6 months ago.

I discovered this forum when I was looking for the meaning of her songs from MF/LB era and I started to read other threads which interested Me. At first I did not want to join but when I saw that some content here is not available for non-members I quickly changed my mind.

Sorry if I make some spelling mistakes but English is not my mother tongue.
I said welcome in another thread but welcome again. Don't worry about your spelling. We have members from all over. If you make mistakes, we'll try and help you out.
Old 08-15-2021, 07:14 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Talking

welcome much Panzer! And nice to see that there are always more and more new fans!

By the way, do you remember through which song you first found Alizée?

Alizée 💜
Old 08-15-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
welcome much Panzer! And nice to see that there are always more and more new fans!

By the way, do you remember through which song you first found Alizée?
Kiitos!

Yes, I remember. It was J'en Ai Marre !
Old 08-15-2021, 07:59 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road

^Heh, I'm not surprised!

Same indeed here!

Alizée 💜
Old 08-18-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I said welcome in another thread but welcome again. Don't worry about your spelling. We have members from all over. If you make mistakes, we'll try and help you out.
Thank you again. :-)
Old 07-24-2022, 04:17 PM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Not a new member at all!

But thought I would just drop in and say hi especially to any of the original AAm members that may remember me. I was a member/mod back on AF in the day so also hi to any old AF members who remember me.

I was listening to Robbie Williams and it reminded me of Alizee. Why you may ask, well he has a song "me and my monkey" and I remember I rewrote the song so it was about me and my online friends from AF going to see Alizee in concert. Sadly I dont have the lyrics no more as they were on an old laptop and the only other copy was on AF.

Anyway hey everyone, hope you are all doing well!
Old 07-25-2022, 02:14 AM

Alexx89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
Not a new member at all!

But thought I would just drop in and say hi especially to any of the original AAm members that may remember me. I was a member/mod back on AF in the day so also hi to any old AF members who remember me.

I was listening to Robbie Williams and it reminded me of Alizee. Why you may ask, well he has a song "me and my monkey" and I remember I rewrote the song so it was about me and my online friends from AF going to see Alizee in concert. Sadly I dont have the lyrics no more as they were on an old laptop and the only other copy was on AF.

Hi there Alpha ! I do remember you from AF. I joined sometime around 2008 I think...Used to post a lot in those days...the good ol'days ! Nice to see you are still around ! I recently had a talk with Jordy on Instagram - sharing some nostalgia and stuff... Too bad I can't get in touch with many of the others... Used to talk a lot with Orion about photography but since AF closed I no longer have any way to contact him...
Old 07-25-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
Not a new member at all!

Hi AlphaDevil2;

I was more a member of this forum but also a member of AF. I had contacted the gentleman who had the files of AF after it closed down to see if I could buy them because there was a lot of history there, but he wasn't interested.

I hope all is going well with you!

Tags
alizée gifs