Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-10-2009, 06:50 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Forgive me, but I was rereading part of the instant-mag2 interview with Alizée and found this passage to be à propos to a discussion about album releases:

En combien de temps avez-vous enregistré Gourmandises ?

J'ai rencontré Mylène et Laurent en mars, on a enregistré « Moi... Lolita » très vite puisque nous l'avons envoyé en radio en avril. J'ai commencé à enregistrer mon premier album en août, après la sortie commerciale de « Moi... Lolita » et il est sorti en novembre.

How long did it take you to record Gourmandises?

I met Mylène and Laurent in March, we quickly recorded "Moi... Lolita" since we had sent it to radio in April. I started to record my first album in August, after the commercial release of "Moi... Lolita" and it was released in November.[/font][/color][font=&quot] (note: now, ok, M&L might have already had a lot of stuff ready to go including all the music from Laurent even, and that's only 9 songs that weren't already done, but still, that's what I'm talking about getting stuff done! Strike while the iron is hot!)

Of course, for anyone who has not read this interview, go check it out. I translated the entire thing for you. Couldn't be easier. Lots of references to what Alizée likes musically, etc. (it's here and at alizee-forum)

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 11-11-2009 at 03:59 AM..
Old 11-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Never ever wanna leave you

Rachelizee is on a distinguished road

Yay , things are really happening now. I'd only just seen the first update to the official site ( and worked out the video link ) and now it's updated again !

An album title ( which i really like - it sounds so elegant in its original French ) , a list of producers AND a snippet of music. Colour me very excited !!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:21 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post

En combien de temps avez-vous enregistré Gourmandises ?
How many times did you record Gourmandises?
Maybe I'm wrong but
"En combien de temps avez-vous enregistré Gourmandises ?" doesn't mean
"How long have you been recording Gourmandises" ?

So, new update seems to be more concrete information. We will see what will happen and when...
Old 11-10-2009, 01:14 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Whilst i'm as exicted as everybody else about the new album, is it just me that's wondering were this promise went?

'We will meet before summer for a special concert. You and me, eye to eye'

Remember that one after the Grand Rex cancellation?
Maybe she meant Summer 2014?
The moral is to take everything with a huge dollop of salt.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:43 PM

Sitting by the bay is on a distinguished road

So is "Child of the Century" the official name of the new album? Is that what I read her myspace?
Old 11-11-2009, 03:58 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss_pl View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but
"En combien de temps avez-vous enregistré Gourmandises ?" doesn't mean
"How long have you been recording Gourmandises" ?

So, new update seems to be more concrete information. We will see what will happen and when...
What the...!? Ok, my bad. I translated it poorly and then didn't notice later. Weird grammar if you ask me. That should say, "How long did it take to record Gourmandises?"
Thanks for catching that.

Regarding the photo on Alizée's web site, this kind of reminds me of that: http://www.myspace.com/chateaumarmont (the T-shirt)

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 11-11-2009 at 04:01 AM..
Old 11-11-2009, 11:55 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

This rumor of her possibly having a let's call it part time home in Miami seems a little far fetched, but we know from her early career, she didn't seem to mind at all being on the road a lot. I doubt that she would want to subject her daughter to that type of lifestyle though.

Getting a little off topic now. Going back to the article Roman mentioned in this thread a couple of days ago. Here is what she said when asked about her songs in English.

When you published Mes courants électriques (note: my electric currents), did it seem obvious to record « I'm fed up », « Amelie », « I'm not twenty » et « Youpidoo » in English?

Yes, I recorded those titles at the same time as the original French. This means that we made those versions for nothing since the the foreigners made fun of the songs in English. The French [versions] had more charm [for them], even if they didn't understand everything. We had a foot in the international market, but we had had luck with "Moi... Lolita". We couldn't believe that success would still be met with only French lyrics. We decided not to mess around or take it easy and we worked on English versions

Maybe that explains her reluctance to come to this country. She probably thought to make it in the U.S., she would have to sing some songs in English and from her point of view, her songs in English were being laughed at.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-11-2009 at 01:10 PM..
Old 11-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

Maybe that explains her reluctance to come to this country. Maybe she feels if she came here and sang some songs in English, she'd be laughed at.
WHAT?!?!? Who the hell laughed at Alizee?! I love the english versions! I can memorize them a hell of a lot faster than the French versions, so I can sing along better.

seriously though.. really? People laughed at the English versions?

Old 11-11-2009, 12:18 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

<3
Old 11-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
WHAT?!?!? Who the hell laughed at Alizee?! I love the english versions! I can memorize them a hell of a lot faster than the French versions, so I can sing along better.

seriously though.. really? People laughed at the English versions?
It's not because they sucked, but because it was not fluent. I listen to many artists from foreign countries try to sing English, just because they may not be the best at pronunciation, It does not detract from the package.

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont