Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-29-2009, 09:26 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Oh noooo, please no more drama about the tears of Aguascalientes....now even Ricc's ancient stories got unearthed again...

It's really high time the new album comes out

Old 11-29-2009, 10:30 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OndrejSc View Post
I think they were.
Think how you like, but the truth is the truth and your speculation is what it is and just that.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Question when will she release her new album?

i am waiting to buy her new album on itunes france but i have no idea when she is going to release it can someone please enlighten me becz i thought she was releasing it this november
Old 11-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
i am waiting to buy her new album on itunes france but i have no idea when she is going to release it can someone please enlighten me becz i thought she was releasing it this november
I'm guessing it will be before Christmas, or before/after Les Enfoires, and by "it" I mean like a single or something. I think most of us are as clueless as you buddy, and those who know (if there are any), won't share because it would ruin the surprise when something pops up. Just be patient, and it'll be worth it when we get there

I know that didn't really help, but maybe a visit to the gallery and/or the video sections might
Welcome to the forum btw.

Last edited by Fall; 11-30-2009 at 12:09 AM..
Old 11-30-2009, 02:29 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

It has been a long wait, but we are near the end. We know the new album is on the way, so now we only have to wait a short time (so don't burn out now R ).

I, for one, am excited that she seems to have "found her feet" and is developing a focused album this time. She will either hit the mark or she won't, but at least she is going for it.

She is more apt to appeal to a specific audience this way, and begin to build a new fan base. How many of the old fans she brings along with her will depend on two things:
1. Was it Alizée they were attracted to before or just MF/LB's music, and:
2. How clearly she comes through in the new music (whether or not she made a lot of compromises to put the new album together).

As we all know, there is something special about her - she just needs the right vehicle - one that lets her shine.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
That just may be the point. She honestly needs to lose a few of her fans and get new ones.
that is just a terrible idea. why would losing fans at any point be a good thing? if anything, it'd be better to find something in the middle. something that appeals to both the old and the new.

getting rid of the old fan base and trying to start new is a waste. it's like instead of putting a bandage on a cut on your hand, you just cut your hand off and try to get a new one.

not very practical or logical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post

She is more apt to appeal to a specific audience this way, and begin to build a new fan base. How many of the old fans she brings along with her will depend on two things:
1. Was it Alizée they were attracted to before or just MF/LB's music, and:
2. How clearly she comes through in the new music (whether or not she made a lot of compromises to put the new album together).

As we all know, there is something special about her - she just needs the right vehicle - one that lets her shine.
so we seem to put Alizee and MF/LB at ends with each other.
but in honestly, both of them put together makes the MCE era Alizee. that's the same with the majority of singers no??

most singers have songs written for them by other people right? except of course for a few bands. but a great majority of them are written by writers!

can you discredit and actor's excellent performance of a certain character in a movie just because the script was written by someone else?

MF/LB may have written the songs, but it was Alizee's performance that made it popular.

don't get me wrong. i know Alizee wants to leave the whole thing behind(btw, when did she actually state that?), but change just for the sake of change isn't always a good idea.

Last edited by wasabi622; 11-30-2009 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-30-2009, 02:39 PM

SDB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
that is just a terrible idea. why would losing fans at any point be a good thing? if anything, it'd be better to find something in the middle. something that appeals to both the old and the new.

getting rid of the old fan base and trying to start new is a waste. it's like instead of putting a bandage on a cut on your hand, you just cut your hand off and try to get a new one.
I don't think he is specifically talking about the old fans, but about a certain type of fan. Which type...well, ask him
Old 11-30-2009, 02:42 PM

AfriqueDuSud is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDB View Post
I don't think he is specifically talking about the old fans, but about a certain type of fan. Which type...well, ask him
Ah, right. Now I get it too, agreed.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
getting rid of the old fan base and trying to start new is a waste. . . . so we seem to put Alizee and MF/LB at ends with each other. . . . don't get me wrong. i know Alizee wants to leave the whole thing behind(btw, when did she actually state that?), but change just for the sake of change isn't always a good idea.
"Alizée wants to leave the whole thing behind" is overstating the case. She has decided to move in new directions artistically. She still sings the old songs in concert, though, so she's not really "leaving it all behind." We can argue until Doomsday whether this particular change is or is not a good idea, but it's not our decision, it's hers, and it's already made. She made it as an artist, not as a merchant, so saying she would have done better by following the old forumulas is irrelevant even if true.

It's probably not true, though. I suspect a large chunk of the old fan base had already moved on, having matured, and being uninterested in listening to the same teenage pop they liked when they were teenagers. She's older, and so are her former fans. Things change.

Getting rid of the old fan base and starting new may look like a waste, but it's unavoidable if she's going to move in new directions, to the extent that the old fan base is unwilling or unable to move with her -- and some of it won't be. Counting on the old fan base is unwise, given that decision. Some of them will go, and that has to be accepted, along with the effort put into courting a new fan base.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-30-2009, 04:41 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with Deepwaters on this one. Alizée is going to move on to the type of music she likes not what her fans from MF/LB era expect from her.

If you try to make everyone happy you end up with no one happy.

The only band I know who hasn't really changed in over 34 years that still sells out concerts and has major record sales is AC/DC. I don't think you can name five successful bands in the last ten years who are still making the same sounding music they made ten years ago.

I was very young at the time but I remember the howls from my older brother and sister when the Beatles put out the album The Magical Mystery Tour in 1967. There was a whole lot of complaining by their core fan base. Did it hurt them? NOPE. They gained more new fans then they lost.

I have heard it by almost every successful band when interviewed about their music. They play what they like and don't make music with the idea of finding the perfect sound that will sell.

Alizée is going to put an album out she wants not what she thinks her old fans want. She is on the path to build on her present fan base. She will lose some but probably will gain far more than she will lose with her new sound.

Last edited by ALS; 11-30-2009 at 04:51 PM..

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont