Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Well, don't they say that good things will come to those who wait? I'm just as anxious as anyone to get my hands on the new CD, but I wholeheartedly agree that Team Alizée needs the time necessary for everything to come together. I haven't been upset about it at all. And I also agree that we all should be just very happy that Alizée is sticking with us, and not leaving the business. I'm truly grateful for that.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I just want to say this: we can't forget that Alizee is also a professional. I'm sure it's great to be able to put out an album that really really reflects her tastes and such, but at the same time, singing is her job, thus her profession, and sometimes, work trumps personal interest.
When it comes to art, that is never entirely true. One does have to compromise somewhat -- usually -- in order to produce a marketable product, but the main impetus HAS to be what the muse gives you, what your soul dictates, what your heart loves, what you're inspired to do. While you do have to shape that impulse into a framework that people can understand and accept, it's a COMPLETE mistake to BEGIN with other people's tastes, and go from there.

For example, I could never be successful writing westerns, detective fiction, or romances, because I don't read those genres, don't really understand them, don't like them, and would therefore suck at them. And even though I could perhaps learn, through diligent effort, to write to the formulas they call for, the fact that my heart isn't in it would render my best efforts mediocre.

It's the same for Alizée. She must do what she loves.

Lefty: I'm with you 100% on that. To be honest, I'm pleased that she's taking the time that she has, to get everything right. The album itself is done, but the presentation and marketing are just as important. It would be a mistake to rush things just because the natives are getting restless.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 12-05-2009 at 12:37 AM..
Old 12-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
When it comes to art, that is never entirely true. One does have to compromise somewhat -- usually -- in order to produce a marketable product, but the main impetus HAS to be what the muse gives you, what your soul dictates, what your heart loves, what you're inspired to do. While you do have to shape that impulse into a framework that people can understand and accept, it's a COMPLETE mistake to BEGIN with other people's tastes, and go from there.
Oh yeah, don't me wrong! I'm not saying anything like she shouldn't be doing what she wants!

but rather that.. well, too many people seem to think that she can be successful making just what she wants the way she wants it to be. which, could be true! but i'm just trying to add that in reality, you can't just do exactly what you want and be successful, you've got to compromise, even just a tiny bit.

like with the new album to come out. i love the new direction she's taken her music, cuz i really liked the psychedelices album, but from what i've heard, it sounds like the new album is totally different from pyschedelices. now what i want to know is, she is changing because she wants to, or because she thinks that she needs to?

and i didn't intend to make it sound like i was saying that she should be doing what she hates. that's just stupid. my bad if it came out that way!

Old 12-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh yeah, don't me wrong! I'm not saying anything like she shouldn't be doing what she wants!

but rather that.. well, too many people seem to think that she can be successful making just what she wants the way she wants it to be. which, could be true! but i'm just trying to add that in reality, you can't just do exactly what you want and be successful, you've got to compromise, even just a tiny bit.

like with the new album to come out. i love the new direction she's taken her music, cuz i really liked the psychedelices album, but from what i've heard, it sounds like the new album is totally different from pyschedelices. now what i want to know is, she is changing because she wants to, or because she thinks that she needs to?

and i didn't intend to make it sound like i was saying that she should be doing what she hates. that's just stupid. my bad if it came out that way!
Anything can be sold.
It just has to be sold.

The key word is promotions, promotions, promotions.
Silence is golden, but interaction is everything else.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:31 AM

AfriqueDuSud is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Anything can be sold.
It just has to be sold.

The key word is promotions, promotions, promotions.
Silence is golden, but interaction is everything else.
Very true, though it is easier to sell if something fits in with the current trends.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:27 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
... too many people seem to think that she can be successful making just what she wants the way she wants it to be. ...
I don't think it's that. That already didn't happen. I agree with you and what Barrett and AfriqueDuSud just said, but what are you going to do about it? Think about your words "too many people", as though it makes a difference. Sure, we all want to post our opinions here and maybe you're saying you'd prefer there to be more people here who do not accept things the way they are. Now that I've said that, I wonder if you do feel that way. Well, those who weren't satisfied mostly left.

Ah, maybe you are trying to tell us not to fool ourselves because we'll end up sad if we do. Understandable, but if you read all the numerous posts made I would hope you will see that enough of us just want to state how we can accept the way things are and I'll again quote this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
i think we should all be thankful that she is trying to give us whatwe want(the new album). she is doing what she wants to do at her own pace, and we should respect that. and hey we should just savor her songs as they last. she wont be singing forever...
The argument could be made that Alizée responded to the wishes of her fans between the Moscow concert and the Mexico concerts, but other than that, we've cried to the heavens about the way things should be and torn ourselves apart and for the result it's just not worth it.

And frankly, I know we can get rather passionate about it (beeeelieve me I know, the Alizée fantasy, the time spent, ...) but it is just an album of music we are talking about (and hopefully promotion and concerts). When it finally comes out, you may be very happy with it or you may not. We post with a passion that grows as it goes, but we are talking to ourselves here, not her. Maybe that's why she doesn't feel the need to have these conversations with fans, it would just turn into demand after demand that she can't or won't fulfill. I don't really think it has to be that way, but maybe she does or maybe she just has other things to do. Speculatus Maximus!

By the way, it seems like Alizée's music does fit in with the trends, certainly with the people working on her new album I would think. I think she's pretty trendy in general, but who's trends are we talking about? There are various facets to the music and fashion industries and then we are talking about someone who lives in France, not the U.S..

Merci Fanny
Old 12-05-2009, 03:06 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

For me it is the lack of definitive information about release dates or at least new for sure if it is even going to be released that makes me impatient. If Jive/epic or Alizee even set the date for release 6 mos from now and it could be counted on I think I could be reasonably patient. Not knowing is the most difficult. I'm pretty sure for Alizee the sense of urgency is not near as strong as for fans and she probably doesn't realize the torture. Due to the Psych experience she probably isn't sure of her fan base. Like other fans I hope that the delays are for the purpose of perfecting video's of her singles and all other logistics regarding promotion. I'm with Mr. Barrett. Regardless of how good the new album is; without an all out media blitz giving her wide spread exposure will yield the same result as Psych. Nothing I have said is new. It has all been said before.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:48 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Alizée tried to tell people when she'd have something, but she was just wrong about it. In 2006 she was maybe a year or more off. Quelle horror ! For people who really like Alizée to have nothing for year or more at a time... how can we stand it without even knowing what will happen? I really don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
For me it is the lack of definitive information about release dates ...
Yep : and let Tom take us out on that sentiment...

Merci Fanny
Old 12-05-2009, 06:10 AM

AfriqueDuSud is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
By the way, it seems like Alizée's music does fit in with the trends, certainly with the people working on her new album I would think. I think she's pretty trendy in general, but who's trends are we talking about? There are various facets to the music and fashion industries and then we are talking about someone who lives in France, not the U.S..
Spot on, I think if anything she seems to be a little ahead of the curve, I expect the new album to have elements of "La Roux" with a definite French flair (La Roux is massive here at the moment). Imho I think the new album might even be more successful than Psych, Psych was good but the older fans just weren't ready for it, maybe the next one will appeal to a new audience and be able to even outsell Psych because of that.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Bienvenue à Lilly Town Valley.

Maquis is on a distinguished road

I feel just like before Psych came out, completely lost and I have no idea how the album is going to sound like even if with those tiny infos I might have an idea, I'm just being patient even if sometimes it's hard.

Don't lose hope people, it's not the end of the world, it's the begining of another.

And yes I guess, good things do come to those who wait, at least I want to believe it.

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont