Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-14-2018, 08:38 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Possible vacation in Ajaccio

I have a week of vacation in mid September and once again I'm 'entertaining' thoughts of going to Corsica. Back in the spring, I was having similar thoughts. I was hoping to get some shirts from the studio from our members but one of the main reasons I gave up on the idea is I couldn't get in touch with the studio to find out if it was okay.

I think there was a thread for what went on in the spring, but I couldn't find it so I started this new one.

Again this is very tentative. I fly stand by and I might find it's very difficult to get to Corsica at that time of year. We also might find out she might be away that week. Isn't there some upcoming work shop? I usually have two travel plans in place so I can quickly change destinations in case things aren't working out well for the first one. So I could change destinations as late as the last week.

My initial thoughts on how to do it this time is to just go to the studio around closing time so I don't interrupt a class and just leave a list of the size of shirts we'd like to get. I'd then pick them up a few days later at a time that would be good for them.

Last time I also mentioned maybe asking her to sign one picture for each person who buys a shirt. The picture would be a jpeg of their choosing. The jpegs are one members would send to me by computer and I'd have printed out locally. But I might drop this idea if people start asking for something other than just their name. I want to make this as easy for her as possible.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:12 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

Awesomeeee ideaaaaaaa
Old 08-15-2018, 07:27 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Just like last time, I am all in on buying a shirt from them if you go. I don't know if they sell any other A&G trinkets or gizmos, like keychains or pens, etc., but if so, would be interested in a few of those as well.

It would be nice to have something besides just her name signed on the photo, so having her add our first name would be great.

I would be completely satisfied with that, but IF we all agree that her writing something very simple in French in between the names would be reasonable, like "Peace and Love" or something else totally Alizee, it should at least be discussed. It would be the same for everybody and it would be very short.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:49 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Scruffydog777, if it works out that you go, how do we order T-shirts and send you money?
Old 08-15-2018, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Scruffydog777, if it works out that you go, how do we order T-shirts and send you money?
I have started using an app called Venmo. PayPal is the parent company, so it's very secure, but is easier to use than PayPal. It's like a digital wallet.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:24 PM

Well it looks like they have both T shirts and hooded sweatshirts. At this point, I'm not worried about the money. I'd probably just collect it when I got back.

I'm a little worried about the sizes. European sizes tend to run a little small. I said if I go, I would probably take a large of each with me, try them on that night, then if need be, I'll up the sizes if they do seem small and place my order the next morning and pick them up a few days later hopefully if they have enough on hand.

As far as an autographed picture, a lot of times she adds something like 'a thousand kisses' to (name) from Alizee and when I was at the autograph session there, I asked her to add 'from Ajaccio' to it.

I'll take a first look at flights tonight to see if this is even doable, stand by wise.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:25 PM
Administrator

I would take a thousand kisses from Alizee for sure

I buy XL but they are slightly large, so maybe a European XL would fit just right. I think I would be interested in both the T-shirt and hoodie.

I know you said you plan on taking this in September. Edsel has been posting something about Alizee singing in Warsaw on Sept. 8th. Somehow I have been a doubting Thomas about it and maybe I shouldn't be so skeptical, as Mylene had re-released all the videos a few months ago and they seem to have been on good terms lately. If it is in fact true, I would not blame you to forget Corsica and make that flight reservation to Poland!
Old 08-15-2018, 11:03 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

If I were to ask for a photo, you know what I would like written on it...

\/ . . \/ . . \/
Old 08-20-2018, 01:01 AM

I was starting to lean heavily towards and looking forward to another trip to Ajaccio next month, but this 'concert' (?) in Warsaw has me worried. I have to express my true sentiments on this which I will do in the next day or two and after I do, I think it's best for my own safety, that I don't set foot on Corsica again.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:49 PM

Even though I may not go to Corsica for other reasons, I won't let the fact that my recent criticism of her might lead them to not do business with me.

I've done a lot to support her which not only includes donating to the cost of running this forum, to printing out cds with her music on them and passing them out on the Boston Common to paying for radio ads to be played in Boston which was far from cheap.

I hope she understands my criticism while harsh was because I didn't want her to see the disappointment of failure again.

I'd do anything for her. If someone in her family needed a kidney, if my old, long abused kidney was the only match, I'd be on the next flight to Ajaccio.

So I will resume my plans of going there, but having a second plan to go somewhere else if something doesn't work out. One of my biggest fears is maybe she'll book another engagement for that week.

I will write them again in the hope of maybe getting a time that would be convenient for them for me to drop by the studio and drop off an order for some shirts and maybe getting a list of what they sell, but like last time, I doubt if I will hear back from them, so I'll just stick with the plan of stopping by their studio at closing time one night.