Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I'm not sure why I didn't ever notice this before. I was watching some En Concert videos and one of my favorite songs is Hey Amigo.

It looks like she almost started singing too soon, or momentarily forgot where she was in the song. She stops herself and quickly gets back on track. My imagination?

It's at 1:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHACGPAkqWg
It's said that the footage for the EnConcert DVD was recorded at three different venues. The DVD is composed of snippets of all three performances mixed together, for the most part. I'm not sure if that goes for all songs. Anyway, that's why you might notice different hair and even the presence/absence of a ring on her left hand.

I think what you noticed is probably just the result of the editing.

I probably prefer the concert versions of her songs to the original. I think it's because to me it sounds more like 'the real Alizée' in the "live" versions.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:31 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

My favorite Alizee charm
Old 02-10-2018, 09:20 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
It's said that the footage for the EnConcert DVD was recorded at three different venues. The DVD is composed of snippets of all three performances mixed together, for the most part. I'm not sure if that goes for all songs. Anyway, that's why you might notice different hair and even the presence/absence of a ring on her left hand.

I think what you noticed is probably just the result of the editing.

I probably prefer the concert versions of her songs to the original. I think it's because to me it sounds more like 'the real Alizée' in the "live" versions.
I have noticed the case of the appearing/disappearing ring in En Concert and wondered what was up with that.

Much of the time I am let down by live performances. With Alizee it is different. Her voice is not as polished as the studio versions, but I get a glimpse of her real self, as you said. Her live performances are overloaded with charms!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
In this L'alize performance they cut to various audience members frequently. I have always liked this performance because she looks like she is having fun and throwing those little waves out.

I agree that this is a great performance. I'm sure you guys have figured it out by now that I am a sucker for her face scrunches. This video has a really good one at 1:07. Thanks for posting it.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 02-10-2018 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-10-2018, 11:28 AM
Administrator

I could go on an on about the video of her in Japan.

When she walks into the radio studio at 0:22 - if I didn't know who she was and was just hanging out there and this angel walked in, I would just pass out and go into a coma

Probably one of the best facial expressions she has ever done (in my opinion) was when she is with the radio host. It looks like they were preparing to go on the air and JEM starts being piped in. Alizee starts looking around like "where is the music coming from?" She looks towards what looks like a speaker and it must be giving some bad feedback because she just cringes. It is priceless.

0:25 thru 0:35

Old 02-10-2018, 04:03 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

I guess she and her manager had no idea what is going on. Look at the confusion on her face

1:39, 2:33, 3:49, 4:59

Last edited by kulli; 02-10-2018 at 04:09 PM..
Old 08-20-2019, 05:19 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road
Wink

This thread is awesome: it's full of those little things that makes Alizée so cute.
Also, I really like the latest video of her in that Japanese TV show: I had never stopped to watch it entirely (because only those Japaneses know what they are doing) but thanks to those marks i could see those beautiful facial expressions.

Here are some of my favorite "charms", which are also the first ones I have ever noticed in her.
They are all in her En concert JEAM performance, which is actually full of these particulars about her expressions and her voice.

They are at 3:38, 3:53, 5:09

https://youtu.be/d8KPZAC4rAc

I don't know if these moments can be considered one of her personality traits, but I adore how she plays with her eyes!
She does it here, too

Sorry for the gifs but I can't find the video where they are taken

Anyway I think that her face scrunch is awesome. Lately I've been obsessed with this one well explained by Scruffydog777.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It was definitely approaching a scrunch, but she teased us and pulled out at the last second.

For those who have the Rockollection video from 2002, she definitely approached the nose scrunch by the obvious dip of the eye brows at the 3:52 mark, but it wasn't that obvious because of the res of the video.

http://www.mojvideo.com/video-alizee...96d0c9c0681047
But the thing that drives me crazy is when she is serious and after a moment she brings out a smile which is brighter than the Sun!
A clear example

Old 08-20-2019, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I don't know if these moments can be considered one of her personality traits, but I adore how she plays with her eyes!
She does it here, too

Sorry for the gifs but I can't find the video where they are taken
I have not been able to locate the original video to this, but Robert Rhein had included some of it in the beginning of one of his (many) tribute videos.

Quote:
Anyway I think that her face scrunch is awesome. Lately I've been obsessed with this one well explained by Scruffydog777.

You might like this very unique one.

https://youtu.be/pug-GTOQ4uw?t=93
Old 08-20-2019, 08:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

http://youtu.be/pug-GTOQ4uw?t=93
That beginning section is awesome. There must be a gif of it.

Edit:

Alizee with dad resized. sorry Jo.jpg

Sorry Jo!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-20-2019 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-20-2019, 10:25 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A clear example

Oh man you're not kidding this gif is incredible!

Here, as compensation, the ultimate scrunch:
Old 08-21-2019, 04:06 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have not been able to locate the original video to this, but Robert Rhein had included some of it in the beginning of one of his (many) tribute videos.

Oh you're right! I forgot about it

Quote:

https://youtu.be/pug-GTOQ4uw?t=93
I like it very much! O_O
The way she looks down and the movement of her shoulder... 😮

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverynuts View Post
Here, as compensation, the ultimate scrunch:
Adorable!