Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée America Podcast

Old 01-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
Well that call recorder program I was talking about automatically syncs it up. everyone records their own track, so it is excellent quality, and then afterwards they just mail or upload their mp3 track. it is really nice, only problem is it is for mac only...
Blast it, I'm a PC!

Quote:
im sure there are windows versions of a similar thing out there though.

here is the mac one, as an example:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/

but even if u just keep doing it like you are it is still great.
Cool, thanks Brad. I'll hunt around for something similar for Windows. If I can find something that's relatively easy to use, we may indeed wind up using Skype to record the next one.

Either way, we're doing sound checks first to make sure nobody's DVD is up too high! I've learned my lesson!

You should totally come out for the next one if you can make it, Brad. We'd love to have you on! (That goes for everybody, in fact!)
Old 01-18-2009, 11:33 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

I think you will get a much better quality with skype, even if you dont use call recorder or something similar. only problem with skype is there is a limit i think on the number of people. 4 maybe? but you probably would want to limit it anyway.

all this said, i do think the quality was quite good with ventrillo, definitely good enough.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Lili Addict

Idéaliser is on a distinguished road

sounds fun! It's downloading as we speak via my subscription on itunes :P
Old 01-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
I think you will get a much better quality with skype, even if you dont use call recorder or something similar. only problem with skype is there is a limit i think on the number of people. 4 maybe? but you probably would want to limit it anyway.
Actually, according to their FAQ, Skype can handle up to 24 people at a time on a conference call, which should be more than adequate for our needs.

I can't find any free Windows-based programs that function like that Call Recorder one, but I'm thinking that if everybody who participated just downloaded Audacity and recorded their part of the call, then either uploaded or mailed it to me, that should do the trick. The only issue would be syncing them in editing, and I think that would be easy enough to overcome.

Quote:
all this said, i do think the quality was quite good with ventrillo, definitely good enough.
Well, I think what we'll probably do is a test-run with Skype prior to the T@keo commentary, see how that works out, then make a game-time decision based on that. We'll see what happens.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:27 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

LOL already listened to your spanish welcome in the comentary
Old 01-23-2009, 05:32 AM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Well I just got enough time to sit down and watch it with the commentary and I really enjoyed it. You guys pointed out a lot of the things I liked or noticed along with those I never did so yeah a new experience all around, Thanks . You guys are actually pretty funny too , just thanks again for taking the time to edit and put this up for those of us who couldn't make it, I really appreciate it.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:54 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

When and how is the next podcast(s) going to arrive?

Wow, that was like 5 questions in one

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
When and how is the next podcast(s) going to arrive?

Wow, that was like 5 questions in one
The second T@keo recording was just Ben, Roman and myself--and I'd frankly shot my wad with the first one as far as saying anything particularly insightful was concerned, so it's mainly just Ben and Roman--so I've decided that I'm just going to edit the two together into a single podcast. There's actually a lot more dead air in the first one than I initially thought, and a lot of the comments made in the second recording either dovetail really well with the conversation from the first one, or cover points that we completely missed.

Unfortunately, this means that it's going to take a bit longer to drop, as I do my best to stitch the two together. Work is kicking my butt this week, but I'm still aiming to have it to Brad by Saturday or Sunday at the latest. Look for it early next week.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Actually, it looks like it may take even longer than that, as a bit of a family situation has come up. Nothing super-serious, but it's going to occupy the majority of the next few days. I likely won't have a chance to finish it until Wednesday or Thursday. Recording the next one next Saturday should proceed as planned, though.

Sorry guys. It'll be up as soon as I can manage.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:53 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

Well I for one am mad as heck! You organize these commentaries, clean them up for us and have the nerve to make us wait and just because of your family. I'm really upset, you know we're more important.

Thank you for your hard work for our community. The reason I didn't join the commentary last week was because one of my girls needed daddy's help with home repair. I really need to get my priorities straightened out

Tags
commentary, en concert, podcast