Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camapajama View Post
Haha! Of all the puns I ever get, they better to continue to be part of Alizee

Oh..While I'm here, might as well post as how I became a fan.
It all started on an ominous day. It was rather depressing, but I felt music could cheer me up. So, I jumped on the internet, and started looking at music in general.

Now normally I'm more of a 'Killswitch Engaged,' or,'In Flames,' or,'Breaking Benjamin,' or...Well you get the picture. I'm more of a hard rock kind of person.

Anyway, I looked at some music, and decided,"It's time for a change in pace." So, I started looking at Techno/Dance music (it's basically tied, in favorites, with hard rock).

Nothing really appealed to me, so I figured I would play a game for a while...
While you may have guessed it, I play World of Warcraft every now and then. So, out of just curiosity, I play around with the game for a while, and some how come up with the question: Where did all these dances come from?

So, onto Youtube I went (Comments on that site are dreadful, by the way ) I typed in,"WoW dances."
So, I watch the most popular video of the origins of the dances, and about mid-way through, I see Alizee. Her beauty caught me, but so did her music.

Now, knowing Youtube, comments about how 'hawt' Alizee is, are seemingly always appearing in the space below the video. Obviously, since there wasn't any other amazingly beautiful women in the video, I came to the conclusion of the obvious: This was Alizee.

So, next step? You betcha, type in Alizee in the Youtube search bar
JEAM comes up, and I virtually immediately become entranced by her voice, dance, and overall presence.

I spend about 10 more minuets looking at all the videos with her performances in it, and decide I need to look at other websites.

Now, I spend about 20-40 minuets a day looking at this website, but I never really put in effort to make an account and post.

So a few months go buy, and here I am posting

Sheesh, long post (at least for me anyway)
Well, thank god you decided for a change in pace.
That seems to be one contributing factor to why you're here right now.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:15 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Edcognito your previous post hits the nail on the head for me. I'm 51, married, children, grandchildren, and you so eloquently described my experiences regarding Alizee, the effect of her whole personna. I too have never been this interested In a music performer like this. Stevie Knicks my first love and Sade a close 2nd. and maybe I would have gone down the same road if the net was available but will never know. Much closer to their age also. It just seems strange re; Alizee being so young. Only Alizee fans understand regardless of age I would bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Well, thank god you decided for a change in pace.
That seems to be one contributing factor to why you're here right now.
So simply put but so true.

Last edited by Ben; 03-16-2009 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: merged
Old 09-26-2008, 09:48 AM

alizee lover is on a distinguished road
Question Alizee! How?

I would like to know how you all found out about alizee?Also what was the very first song you heard from her?
This is mine i was told about her by my cousin from New York.He came over for christmas and showed me the video of jeam and told me about her. So the first song i heard was jeam and i fell in love with it since.Although i was brought to alizee by my cousin i am now a bigger fan than him
Old 09-26-2008, 12:53 PM

whitey® is on a distinguished road

Someone mentioned her name and had a picture of her on some online forum I forget now ,so I type her name into youtube and saw the music video J'en ai marre.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:20 PM

Bud10 is on a distinguished road

I was on a gaming forum and some guy posted a vid of her. It was one of her J'en ai marre performances. I liked it so I looked her up on Youtube, liked her ever since.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I predicted her birth and rise to fame during the Crusades.
Waited ever since.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Believe it or not, I first saw Alizée on American TV in primetime back in the Gourmandises era. It was an excerpt from her Parler Tout Bas video. It was shown on some kind of news magazine program talking about teen issues concerning growing up in this day and age. I was immediately spellbound by her, the video and the song. They mentioned her name and that she was French, but by the next day I had forgotten her name and was unable able to find out more about that lovely girl I saw, or her music. But there was something about Alizée’s face and voice and how they appealed to me personally. I’d swear they were hard-coded into my genes, because the first time I saw and heard her there was a sense of recognition, like déjà vu.

Fast forward to 2006 when I saw JEAM on Google videos. I was immediately spellbound again, but it wasn’t until I searched for more of her videos that I found Parler Tout Bas and made the connection and it all made sense to me. I guess I was lucky to get a second chance.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

I was browsing through my friends favorite vids on his youtube channel. One was titled simply "alizee", the classic JEAM vid most people see first. I spent the next couple hours watching her vids and the rest is history.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:17 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

My tale begins on Wednesday, June 4, 2008. I was studying in my room for the the Chemistry SAT II which loomed in the near future. As studying teenagers are wont to do, I began to drift and found myself on a youtube adventure, clicking on the links from one video to the next, regardless of interest, simply for the sake of procrastination. One of these clicks led me to my "hook video," which unlike with the majority of Lili fans, was not JEAM or La Isla Bonita, but strangely "Moi...Lolita" at Festivalbar. I don't know how to explain it, but just the way she moves in that video, combined with the entrancing music was a hell of a drug .

So, yeah, I watched that video and listened to that song over, and over, and over again, and ,although I feared it would affect my performance on the test that weekend, I couldn't stop (everytime I took the practice tests, the music would inevitably force its way into my brain, making it impossible to read the text, not to mention, think).

Anyway, the night before the test, I couldn't stop thinking about her, and although I went to sleep at ten, it took me four or five hours to get to sleep, and I was tired as hell the next morning.

Oh, and what's funny is that after I watched the video for the very first time, I grabbed a sticky note from the table beside my bed, and scrawled Alizée Jacotey and the date down (I still have that post-it, which is how I knew the exact date of my initiation ). It was as if some greater power, some unseen force told me that this girl was special, and I had to remember her name. It was a week before I discovered JEAM and La Isla Bonita and was thrust deeply and irrevocably into Lili fandom.

Thus it was, my story. I remember it as if it were yesterday (and compared to some of you pre-Psychédélices-ers here, it might as well have been .
Old 09-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

WoW vids, but it took me three whole days to find her because all i had as evidence were the words TOPS of the POPS so i put those words in Google instead of youtube like i did on the third day. sad but true.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2