Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-02-2021, 06:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Cool The popularity and background of the name Alizée?

The name is quite rare for humans, and it would be interesting to know more about the situation of that wonderful name in different countries.

I do not know how many countries have accurate data on name statistics, but I would imagine that today, especially in the West, there is already quite a lot more detailed information. But are they public?

So if people from different countries have knowledge of their country’s statistics, it would be nice to study and compare them!

Above all, I was interested in the popularity of the name Alizée in Finland, and we have accurate statistics here, even in public, so it was not difficult to study them!

A few interesting points emerged.

1. Well, the name is not very popular here, which is no surprise, but in fact I was surprised that there are as many as there are...

2. First of all, what was special was that the name became the most popular just before the rise of "our Alizée", ie 1980-1999.

3. In addition, a rather peculiar fact is that at least one (1-5) man has also been baptized under the name Alizee. Well, on the other hand, Alizée means trade wind, so why not, I think it doesn’t just apply to women, even though today, for familiar reasons, it increasingly refers to women.

In addition, most of these are probably those who came to Finland from the French-speaking area, which may justify the name culturally, otherwise the Finnish authorities consider quite carefully that the name is not too strange, etc.

4. Between 2000 and 2009, seven (7) female children were named Alizée, so it is safe to say that our Alizée inspired those choices, at least in part.

But... damn, I started wondering why the name Alizée was invented for people in the early 1980s?

When I watched and search for celebrities named Alizée, there are about 10 famous women named Alizée in the world! And virtually all of them were born between 1984 and 2000, so the mystery deepens.

So where did the name come from for people to use, especially suddenly when there’s apparently no familiar public figure in the background?

I then found French statistics whose accuracy percentage I don’t know, but it also shows that the name only inspired in the early 1980s!

However, these stats were nice to find! Because it’s nice to see that apparently it was thanks to our Alizée that the name seems to have peaked in France precisely in 2001, etc.?

But, But the sudden rapid popularity of the name in the early 1980s is still a bit of a mystery... At least for now!

Alizée 💜
Old 07-02-2021, 10:59 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Lightbulb

^Yeah, it’s interesting, did "half the French" get excited about the same name at almost the same time?

A couple of attention:

When I think about it more... The fact that there are about 30 Alizée names in Finland is really a "large number", so I'm more and more surprised!

Also - surprise surprise - e.g. if some other Alizée names appear on YouTube, etc., then usually a South American or Mexican child or young woman has that name!

Alizée 💜
Old 07-03-2021, 09:10 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well the fact Jo was a windsurfer is probably the reason he chose Alizée. In fact I heard he was into competitive wind surfing, so it must have meant a lot to him and you could see how if he was aware of that name at the time, he'd want to choose it for his daughter.

But there is another possibility. I've seen pictures of Jo in a military uniform before. Who knows what it is? It could be air force, navy, civil air patrol assuming they have one and if he was in one of those services, he may have been very much aware of a naval patrol plane called the Alizé. It was built in the 50s but was still flying in the 90s. It would seem, Corsica would be a great place to station these planes.

Of course with the French, everything has a gender. The patrol plane Alizé is masculine. To form the feminine, you add an e and it becomes Alizée. I wonder how the male version is pronounced?

995042_263919550413856_1039864472_n.jpg

Attachment 3509

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Br%C3%...050_Aliz%C3%A9

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-07-2023 at 01:43 PM..
Old 07-04-2021, 08:44 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Red face

^That army reference is a pretty interesting theory and discovery!

Great!

I didn't think of the name "Alizé" at all, I did a search and apparently there are four people in Finland with that name (two men and two women*).

*The fact that the statistics read "alle 5" ie. "less than 5" means in practice one person, of course up to four different people, etc.,which only hides the exact number of a very rare name in statistics.

Maybe men are preferred to be given "Alizé" directly... The sample is not big, but an empirical fact here in Finland!

Alizée 💜
Old 10-02-2021, 03:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Cool

I’ve actually researched these name issues pretty much every now and then, but I’m sometimes a hopeless case because...

I take screenshots and links - but I don’t want to publish just oneliners, so I expect to get more in a pile and then I can’t find them all when I need to, but...

I will put here some facts that I remember finding so far......

Well there are no Alizée names in Estonia, I think it's still natural!

In addition, our other neighbors, Denmark and Norway, are not known to have Alizée names...

And what the heck, there were only two (2) women named Alizee in Sweden... [I remember so]

[Okay, I can't say how official and accurate these are, but among other things, Estonian statistics were obviously factual, etc.]

Here comes the core question... Why are there so many Alizée names in Finland compared to those other countries?

> I don't think it's normal in the big picture - but one reason may be that there are more accurate statistics here in Finland than in many other countries?

In addition, the findings show that there were only a couple of the same name in the Netherlands, etc.

An interesting finding, on the other hand, was that the whole name of Alizée was banned in Germany until 2008 and after that, apparently after an appeal/complaint, it was approved for use by the decision of the "Board of Traditional Names" ...

The biggest bomb of all and at least a surprise to me was that the names Alize / Alizeh are apparently really popular in some Muslim countries or in persian traditions...
-

Among other things, it even seems to be one of Pakistan’s most popular names!

And it also means to them "trade wind", but also "joyfull"! (At least suitable for our Alizée!!!! )

It could, in principle, be such a long tradition that it came from there to Europe, but at least the Alizée family probably has no concrete connection to them?

Alizée 💜
Old 10-03-2021, 02:40 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Of course with the French, everything has a gender. The patrol plane Alizé is masculine. To form the feminine, you add an e and it becomes Alizée. I wonder how the male version is pronounced?
I tried google translate and another website and they seem to pronounce the male form and female form the same way.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 10-03-2021 at 02:47 AM..
Old 10-07-2021, 09:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
I’ve actually researched these name issues pretty much every now and then, but I’m sometimes a hopeless case because...

I take screenshots and links - but I don’t want to publish just oneliners, so I expect to get more in a pile and then I can’t find them all when I need to, but...

I will put here some facts that I remember finding so far......

Well there are no Alizée names in Estonia, I think it's still natural!

In addition, our other neighbors, Denmark and Norway, are not known to have Alizée names...

And what the heck, there were only two (2) women named Alizee in Sweden... [I remember so]

[Okay, I can't say how official and accurate these are, but among other things, Estonian statistics were obviously factual, etc.]

Here comes the core question... Why are there so many Alizée names in Finland compared to those other countries?

> I don't think it's normal in the big picture - but one reason may be that there are more accurate statistics here in Finland than in many other countries?

In addition, the findings show that there were only a couple of the same name in the Netherlands, etc.

An interesting finding, on the other hand, was that the whole name of Alizée was banned in Germany until 2008 and after that, apparently after an appeal/complaint, it was approved for use by the decision of the "Board of Traditional Names" ...

The biggest bomb of all and at least a surprise to me was that the names Alize / Alizeh are apparently really popular in some Muslim countries or in persian traditions...
-

Among other things, it even seems to be one of Pakistan’s most popular names!

And it also means to them "trade wind", but also "joyfull"! (At least suitable for our Alizée!!!! )

It could, in principle, be such a long tradition that it came from there to Europe, but at least the Alizée family probably has no concrete connection to them?
I talked to a guy in Finland, an Alizee fan who I met up with during my vacation there. I believe he's in his 40 and does most of his work in Helsinki. He just told me he never heard the name Alizee until a certain young lady from Corsica came along.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Red face strange thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I talked to a guy in Finland, an Alizee fan who I met up with during my vacation there. I believe he's in his 40 and does most of his work in Helsinki. He just told me he never heard the name Alizee until a certain young lady from Corsica came along.
Yeah I guess "no one" would know "anything" about Alizée' name more widely here in Finland by the way...

For example, the purpose of Alize's name, ie Pasaatituuli/Kauppatuuli [Trade Wind], hardly anyone here knows without research!

Therefore, it is quite strange that in this rather small country there is about a lot of that equally rare name of a foreign language!

Sure, Moi Lolita was also apparently very popular here at the time, so these newer Alizée names are sure to come from her and these names have a lot to do with her!

Alizée 💜
Old 02-04-2022, 04:34 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Wink

I accidentally found this link, which is seemingly a bit of a playful description of the name Alizee, and had information about the name in the US, etc.
Quote:
When people hear the name Alizee, they perceive you as someone who is gentle, sensitive and intuitive. Predatory individuals see you as an easy target. You attract the opposite sex with your passion and attentive nature. The exquisite sense of beauty and excellent taste you show makes others admire you. You are patient and understanding when listening to other people’s problems.

You are a person who is true to your ambitions and interests. Independent, creative, freethinker, and have strong leadership potential. You want to be in charge and tend to like your original ideas. There are times you are impulsive.
A few descriptions fit quite well with even the most famous Alizée...

https://myfirstname.rocks/baby-names/alizee

Alizée 💜

Tags
alizee, popularity, statistics