Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 08-05-2017, 03:55 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Coeur deja pris - ala DALS

I had put together a video I had hoped to post to Youtube. Usually when I posted one of my videos in the past, it would get nailed for copyright violations, but that usually only kept it from being seen in some countries, mostly Germany. But I posted this to Youtube and it got banned everywhere for both the audio and the video. It looks like they're getting tougher with their copyright policies.

Anyways I thought it was fairly good, so I'll post a link here so anyone who might be interested can watch it.

I took one my favorite songs that she never performed in public (Coeur deja Pris - Heart that belongs to another) and dubbed it into her performance in the 9th episode of DALS where she danced to 'Pas toi - Not you-', by Tal. Not that was an incredbly beautiful performance in itself, but I felt Coeur deja pris fit pretty close to the story line so I figured I'd give it a shot. In Coeur deja pris, she's in a love triangel - 2 girls - one guy and she is on the losing end. Pas Toi is about unrequited love. She loves him, but he doesn't love her.

Putting the audio and the video together was relatively easy. Coming up with a good flowing interpretation of the song was the hard part. There are several out there, but they're all lacking in some way. So I consulted with Marguerite, the young woman who does interpretations for me and came up with a story that I think flows well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzK...ew?usp=sharing
Old 08-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that Scruffy. I enjoyed it. I still listen to Alizée's songs regularly but I don't think about meanings most of the time.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

cool work and a nice match there in which only a devoted fan could accomplish ,
the lyrics could use some touch up but to take nothing away is fine as is .
Old 08-06-2017, 05:49 AM

deligna is on a distinguished road

Wow, i really like this song, but somehow i ended up forgetting about it. Do you have a download link? I'd google it, but im all to familiar with ending up on sketchy music sites with bad sound quality.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:36 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Hmm, if someone does have a download link they should send it to you privately. The forum owner prohibits sharing download links to Alizée's music and En Concert rips. (Basically anything that was available for purchase.) While it may seem outdated these days, it's out of respect for Alizée. Supporting her and her work is why the forum exists.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:28 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Such a beautiful song. A great pity it has never been performed live.

The quality on Youtube is not bad, would download it from there and it is legal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EayQM4L4R-U
Old 08-06-2017, 10:53 AM

Not Now is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
The quality on Youtube is not bad, would download it from there and it is legal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EayQM4L4R-U
Debatable. While Youtube is the legal option, CD quality files are something else. And since Alizee's music is very hard to come by in physical form these days, I don't think downloading it would be wrong. It comes down to one's own judgement of course, and how important it is for you to listen to music in great quality.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:25 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Now View Post
Debatable. While Youtube is the legal option, CD quality files are something else. And since Alizee's music is very hard to come by in physical form these days, I don't think downloading it would be wrong. It comes down to one's own judgement of course, and how important it is for you to listen to music in great quality.
I agree, It was just a suggestion.
The CD quality is better thats for sure and you should always support the artist.
I dont really know if you can buy her earlier albums official in digital format? that would be the best way to support her.

For CD/Vinyls a good marketplace is.
https://www.discogs.com/de/artist/30422-Aliz%C3%A9e

Last edited by kulli; 08-06-2017 at 11:39 AM..