Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-21-2018, 07:41 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
Hey don't fret. The woman has half a million followers on her instagram page. She's doing better than ever as in she's happier than she's ever been.
This just supports the likelihood that she might not make a new record. She seems to be in good place right now. Why potentially mess up a good thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
I love the real Alizee a whole lot more than the early 00's "manufactured" Alizee.
Lolita Alizee was a product, but it was one that worked, and none of us would have known about her if it wasn't for this part of her career. She moved on from it, and so did we, but I will always be thankful for her early days.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:09 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
Corsican folk music sounds good but it's only a small market. Maybe a few colloborations with well known french singers on their projects would help to bring her back in the business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

I don't even know if there is such a thing as Corsican folk music. Whatever genre she goes with if there is another album, I hope she finds a producer/composer that believes in her and writes music where she sounds her best. Definitely Alizee lacks confidence and she is not self-motivated like Madonna or Lady Gaga.
Well I guess this would be considered folk music. Here Alizée sang along with Nathalie Lanfranchi. Thanks to Ray, I was able to add French, Corsican and English subtitles to this video.

Here's another occasion where Alizée same with the same group, Diana di l'alba. I don't think it was on the same date.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-23-2018 at 04:21 PM..
Old 02-23-2018, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I guess this would be considered folk music. Here Alizée sang along with Nathalie Lanfranchi. Thanks to Ray, I was able to add French, Corsican and English subtitles to this video.
These were awesome. Thanks Scruffy! I can totally see her moving to folk.

In the second video, she is singing that song by Ricordu that I posted in another section of this forum where they showed a picture of her crying at the end. Good song and she sings it very nicely.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:07 PM

For those who aren't familiar with some of the people in Ajaccio, Blanche Paulo I believe is the right name of the very nice woman I met there who runs the Chez Paulo restaurant. Jean Baptiste is her son, who also works at the restaurant and who also treated me very well. Nathalie Lanfranchi, I believe is Blanche's sister. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her, but I'd love to go there some time when I could see her sing.

Who knows who of you might visit Ajaccio. It's something in my early years of finding out about Alizee, I never thought would have happened, but I did go there and I've met many nice people there and none were nicer than Blanche and Jean Baptiste...

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-23-2018 at 07:11 PM..
Old 02-24-2018, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
the Chez Paulo restaurant.
I use Trip Advisor a lot, so I did a search on this restaurant. I ran across your review in 2016, unless there is another Scruffydog out there.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:55 PM

Yes I do quite a few reviews of restaurants, hotels, tours, etc. It mostly started when I found out about Alizee over 10 years ago. Then I started making 3 or 4 trips a year to Europe. I first used Booking.com because of one of it's sites features. Then I found out Trip Advisor is based in my home state, so I use them quite a bit, but I will still throw some business Booking.com's way out of a sense of loyalty because I had good experiences with them.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:58 PM
Administrator

One of the reviewers at Chez Paulo took a picture of their pizza. Every part of the world seems to have their own take on pizza. This one... I don't know... it is not very visually appealing. Looks like there is ham on it. At first I thought the black ovals were olives, but they are too large for that. Maybe figs? The cheese is interesting, as it looks like drops.

The reviewer gave it a 5/5, so it must have been delicious!

Old 02-24-2018, 03:14 PM

They could be olives still. The kind I like and usually have look to be smaller than these, but my local supermarket has an olive bar which I haven't sampled yet but the olives in it are of a size closer to a golf ball. I haven't done much research into why the different sizes but makes me think these are more likely to be olives. I believe I have pictures of the menu, I'll have to see if I can find it.

One of my biggest complaint about pizza is when it doesn't have enough tomato sauce and this looks to have plenty. Ham is usually something I don't order on pizza, but I can imagine it goes well here with this pizza.

Of course they have many other things on their menu. I dined there twice and I think I took pictures of my meals. I was going to dine there a third time for lunch on the day I left, but there was a fire down the street and the streets going by Chez Paulo were blocked, so they were closed. I think they tend to be a little superstitious on Corsica, so I hope they didn't blame me for the closing.

Just looked up some pictures....

I believe I mentioned before Blanche and her son treated me very well. She showed me around the restaurants and explained most of the pictures they had hanging there including ones without Alizee, but also of famous personalities, unfortunately none of which I knew. The first meal I had there was Escalope Normande- Veal with mushrooms and cream.

IMG_4846.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

Attachment 1873

IMG_4851.jpg

Attachment 1875

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-30-2019 at 02:54 AM..
Old 02-24-2018, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Of course they have many other things on their menu.
I would be interested in seeing their menu or any other menu that you might have taken a picture of that might have traditional Corsican food.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:24 PM

The second time I went there I was a little more daring and had the Fisherman's plate. It had almon, shrimp, prawns and calamari, mussels and a glass of white wine.

This is when I met Blanche's son, Jean Baptiste and as I mentioned, he treated me to a glass of the local liquor. I'll have to look it up. I don't think she'd mind me posting his picture, because it was a great picture.

I also don't think she'd mind me sharing these pictures here. At the height of Alizée's popularity, I think posting pictures like this might have caused a lot of gawkers to show up, taking pictures, more than dining there, but I think today, you're not likely to see that many Alizée visitors to show up and I think the ones that do, are more likely to show up for a meal.

Attachment 1876

Attachment 1877

Attachment 1878

Attachment 1879

Attachment 1880

Edit:

It was great they had an English menu. Here are a few pages from it...

Attachment 1881

Attachment 1882

Attachment 1883

Attachment 1884

Attachment 1885

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-30-2019 at 02:54 AM..