Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-23-2013, 12:43 PM

Nino is on a distinguished road

I first found Alizée towards the end of 2012. It was through a link that someone had posted on an internet board to one of her J'en Ai Marre performances on youtube.

When I first that video I was in awe and I don't know why but deep inside I felt sorry for her. I somehow got a feeling that she wouldn't be doing it if she didn't have to do it. I closed that video midway and searched to see if I could find any other performances. At that moment I wasn't sure if she was a singer or a dancer. Then I found one more performance on stage where she sings Moi Lolita. I had a project presentation later that day for a course I took in University and I turned my attention to that.

When I got back after the presentation, Alizée was still in my head. I googled her name and read through her Wikipedia page about how she was mentored initially by Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat and that she had moved on to make two more albums on her own. I found videos from Les Enfoirés 2012 and also Mademoiselle Juliette and I started feeling better. As I tried to gather more information about her, I found this forum and started reading through all the old threads. I was so obsessed that I used to sit and read through old threads for 5-6 hours straight everyday. When I first found that she wasn't popular in France nowadays I found it very hard to digest it. I just couldn't imagine why such an adorable and down to earth woman was not popular anymore. Reading through the joys and disappointments of the old days and day after day of Alizée overload , when I finally felt confident that I know a few things about her history I decided it was time to join in.

That was my experience of finding Alizée!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:23 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to AAM, Nino! I hope you have a great time here!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:52 AM

Saerdna is on a distinguished road

Welcome Nino and thanks for sharing your description.

It is so fascinating that everyone will be captivated by her. Isn`t it that we all can tell pretty much the same story !? Me it was the LIB-video on yt.

It is often the case that you check the web cause you are interested in someone
(musicians, athletes, actors). I myself often check that on google, also wikipedia and some pics (if necessary ). Well, and I am satisfied with the result usually within a couple of minutes.

Not with Alizeé!! Ahhahh, when I finally found this forum here, me it was the same as Nino- I read all threads for hours and hours in getting all informations about here. It was like a rush. It bothered me not even, that many names and terms were unknown to me this time > so mission target: "Time to discover"

The story of @lalorocks is that nice. I bet someone, who is fan of herr in your class, got a heart attack by seeing that picture.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

I think that my girlfriend played a huge role at the beginning of my devotion for Lili , as she played her songs all the time ! And now whenever I think of lili i think of her and vice versa ^^

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 02-24-2013, 08:40 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
I think that my girlfriend played a huge role at the beginning of my devotion for Lili , as she played her songs all the time ! And now whenever I think of lili i think of her and vice versa ^^
Aww you're such a romantic. BTW welcome to the site Nino! My discovery was told a few pages back.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

The first time I saw Alizée, was while looking for a YouTube clip of a Mexican singer- whose name completely escapes now- in fact, I forgot all about her! French is my third language and with her voice, her looks, and her personality- it was only natural that I altered my course in her direction. Alizée seems to have that effect on you.She's a great ambassador for France, her culture, and her language.

The first video I saw was- of course, ML, followed immediately by La Isla Bonita, and by the time I found La Candida, and A Contre Courant ... it was too late- I was hooked!! That was back in September - 2012.

Alarmingly, this has turned into somewhat of an obsession- or it seems so. I created a play list on YT and immediately added every Alizée song I could find- I commented on one particular clip by Scruffydog- in his reply- he encouraged me to check out this site- and that's how I found out about Alizée America. I lurked around this site for several months before taking the plunge and deciding to join. I'm glad I did. I'm still catching up on all the material here, but I can appreciate the joy, the laughter, the happiness, and the frustration that many have experienced during the highs and lows of her career.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:22 PM

Nino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerdna View Post
It is so fascinating that everyone will be captivated by her. Isn`t it that we all can tell pretty much the same story !?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Alizée seems to have that effect on you.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Welcome to all the recent new members!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
When I first that video I was in awe and I don't know why but deep inside I felt sorry for her. I somehow got a feeling that she wouldn't be doing it if she didn't have to do it.
You know, that's how I've always felt about those early JEAM performances. But I don't think any harm came to her from it, and it looks to me that during the En Concert tour, she enjoyed performing that song.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:06 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXND3R View Post
I wish America would pick up on this concept. An example would be have kids learn Spanish as a second language since it's spoken in just about every corner here lol.
haha. I Know! Spanish is my first language. I learned English when I went to school and I studied French in school. Alizee wasn't in my French textbook though, Celine Dion was.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:18 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Welcome to all the recent new members!

You know, that's how I've always felt about those early JEAM performances. But I don't think any harm came to her from it, and it looks to me that during the En Concert tour, she enjoyed performing that song.

count me in. I really facepalm every time i see her JEAM or l'Alize videos. Especialy that l'Alize pink outfit, that barely covered her chest. Those were great songs and i don't think they needed to go that far.