Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Speaking of Alizée’s Google Fan Map, the USA and Canada combined outnumber France. I know this map may be totally irrelevant and may have no real statistical significance, and I know that as a percentage of population you can argue that the USA numbers aren’t important. But I say a fan is still a fan, regardless of how large the population he or she comes from. One ticket sold is still one ticket sold and one CD sold is still one CD sold.

I agree with Tbailey, I don’t think we can make assumptions about where Alizée’s fans in the USA may reside purely based on political or social leanings. It appears to me that the fans are roughly distributed along the general population density of the USA.

If you are still not on Alizée’s Google Fan Map, the following link
will take you to the instructions on how to do it. Link To Instructions

Show her how many fans she has in the USA.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
If we're triangulating here, don't forget the San Francisco Bay area. There is no one city here that is huge, but that's because the bay area consists of many smaller towns all clumped together around the bay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Bay_Area

Rather than a single city with suburbs like New York or Chicago or Los Angeles, it is a single metropolitan region with no clear urban center, or perhaps with three: San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose.

I have a feeling that this area would be more open to Alizée's music than a lot of places in the U.S., because it is so culturally diverse and politically progressive.
I'd have to say I agree. I've been to San Francisco twice in my life and it seems very diverse, as Deep said. They have a Chinatown, how cool is that?
Old 07-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If we're triangulating here, don't forget the San Francisco Bay area. There is no one city here that is huge, but that's because the bay area consists of many smaller towns all clumped together around the bay.

Rather than a single city with suburbs like New York or Chicago or Los Angeles, it is a single metropolitan region with no clear urban center, or perhaps with three: San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose.

I have a feeling that this area would be more open to Alizée's music than a lot of places in the U.S., because it is so culturally diverse and politically progressive.
^wow 7.7 million people is a lot. Never knew the Bay Area was that big.
Also dude NYC (roughly 9 million people) has a big surrounding area also. We have Jersey City and Newark right across the river and Yonkers (4th largest city in the state of NY) 2miles to the North and Long Island. Also the State of New Jersey itself has the most population per square mile than anywhere else here in the US. So that's a huge surrounding area of NYC. Overall the surroundings area of NYC has a total of about 18 million people. That's the second largest in the world, only the areas of Tokyo beat us.
So NYC has tons of potential fans for Alizee.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 07-18-2008 at 04:41 PM..
Old 07-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:

I'll have to agree
Old 07-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Podcastress

ciarac77 is on a distinguished road

I vaguely remember asking a dj at a bar last night if he'd play French music and he told me to bring in a CD...
Old 07-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Partly because New Orleans is a bowl surrounded by soup... How would you feel if there was another Katrina while Alizée was in town?
Old 07-18-2008, 05:55 PM

patyl is on a distinguished road

Hey Ciarac77 that's a good idea about having DJ's playing Alizee at some places like a Bar or a Cafe for example.

My boyfriend bought this week a nice CD he saw to a DJ at a skybar with remixes that includes a soft & cool playlist for lounge lovers. In there you can hear Alizee with Mademoiselle Juliet the remix version, Tiesto, Van Dyke, Pink a remix version, etc.

The CD is pretty cool and it is called Top Sessions and he bought it in Mexico City at a Mix Up store, but I found this link from another store Gandhi. I don't know if they have it also in other countries besides Mexico but as you can see Alizee is really in a lot of recent released CD's in Mexico.

http://gandhi.com.mx/index.cfm/id/Pr...ica/pid/341426

https://www.mixup.com.mx/mixup/Crite...selle%20juliet
Old 07-18-2008, 08:07 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Quote:

7.7 million is child's play

Chicago's metropolitan area has 9.7 million

the actual city has 2.8 million

i live about 50 minutes away from downtown chicago but almost considered one of its suburbs

great economy - one of the best in the world and 3rd best in the U.S.
that's good so lots of people can buy Alizee's cds

i vote for chicago as one of the cities
it's relatively close to east coast centers too i.e. D.C., NYC, Boston...

Last edited by tbailey; 07-18-2008 at 08:14 PM..
Old 07-18-2008, 08:23 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post

I'm still skeptical about the midwest/deep south states, that's where all the 'radical national freedom fries and whatnot' people are usually stereotyped to be located in...
well i could handle the midwest already converted a few those who were oblivious of Alizée

Old 07-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
7.7 million is child's play

Chicago's metropolitan area has 9.7 million

the actual city has 2.8 million

i live about 50 minutes away from downtown chicago but almost considered one of its suburbs

great economy - one of the best in the world and 3rd best in the U.S.
that's good so lots of people can buy Alizee's cds

i vote for chicago as one of the cities
it's relatively close to east coast centers too i.e. D.C., NYC, Boston...
9.7 million is child's play the NYC area has 18 million lol.
I don't think New Orleans is a good idea, its not the same as it used to be. My vote is for NYC or LA. Both have the biggest populations and the most Alizee fans here in the US.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!