Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-08-2008, 12:24 AM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

I read the album had achieved gold status in Mexico. That would be 50,000 copies, no?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:04 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post

370 copies in February.
This last item (luckily) appears to be 370 copies in the last week in February. It also says that the total sales are 35,700 copies.

Heck, they sold over 500 copies in Mexico City last Wednesday

BTW here's the source for that article:

http://infodisc.fr/Ventes_Album08.php

She's in 287th place.

Wow, Jenifer's been doing quite well. I wondered what happened with Priscilla's new album...looks like it was a non-starter. Lorie managed 79,000 of her new album so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I read the album had achieved gold status in Mexico. That would be 50,000 copies, no?
That's right:

http://www.amprofon.com.mx/certifica...nido=criterios

However, their website does not have this certification listed yet. But they seem to be about 2-3 months behind.

It's not listed as gold yet on the Top 100 list (she's at 24 and 28 (with Tout Alizée)), but I suppose it will show up here eventually.

http://greaves.tv/amprofon3/Top100.pdf

Last edited by fsquared; 03-08-2008 at 01:16 AM..
Old 03-08-2008, 10:08 AM

Terry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
I tell you what - I LOVE reading that i'm not so alone in my age bracket here!

Want to hear a heartbreaker Terry? I used to have, in my own little collection, an un-opened copy of the Beatles White Album..... Mom got it - and never listened to it. After my folks divorced... it grew legs......

Grats also to you for 34 yrs. together!

Ed
Well Ed, its funny you mentioned the White Album, because I was 15 yrs old then and that was the first album I officially, personally owned. I got it for a birthday present from my older brother. It had some strange tracks on it, but overall, I liked it a lot. We didn't have a lot of surplus capital to buy albums. Dad passed away when I was 10 and we made it on social security and mom's odd jobs. My first job was as a caddy at the local club and I saved up to buy a "10 speed" bicycle. I think I am dating myself in front of all these younger guys. Btw, the next album I recieved was Abbey Road..

Terry
Old 06-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

I just ran across this picture on her Myspace site!! Does this mean what i think it does? 100,000 (GOLD) records sold worldwide for PSYCHEDELICIES!!

WOOT!! You go Alizee!!

Old 06-30-2008, 07:27 AM

johnkim2222003 is on a distinguished road

I believe that there was a report from Voici magazine, indicating that 200,000 copies have been sold.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:49 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

ha ha, look a little deeper. That was taken 2008-06-26 in Mexico City and from what I read it represents something like 50,000 units sold to make the Mexican Gold Disk.

By the way, I am not aware of any award being given by anyone for worldwide sales. So, even if she sold millions of disks, if it was distributed widely enough, that might not translate into any awards. Well that probably wouldn't happen with millions, but you get the point.

In France the record company sold 80,000 as I heard it, to music stores and such and therefore put her beyond the 75,000 required for gold in France. However, I still don't think nearly all of those have sold to consumers (because apparently that's tracked too). I don't know if it's a similar thing in Mexico or not, however, having been there I must say that the fans have been really great and very enthusiastic even if not nearly enough people actually buy legit copies of the album.

Merci Fanny
Old 07-03-2008, 03:49 AM
Ask me about France.

LeFantôme is on a distinguished road

Important question: Psychedelices is available for download, no? Are digital sales accounted for?

And then there are those that get the album without paying, who are probably very many.