Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Perfecting tmesis

Par mon paupieres is on a distinguished road

I say good for her.I've never subscribed to the argument that you are not entitled to privacy on a public street.To me it is one thing to be recognised in public and quite another to then be photographed, have those pictures sold and then published in the national press.

I also find the argument that every celebrity signs a Faustian pact with the media to be a fallacy as well.The argument usually goes that because the celeb needs the media to promote their record , movie etc. the media is then entitled to treat that person like a commodity in return.Just because the promotional side of the entertainment industry is crucial in any artist's success I don't see how this aspect of someone's job allows that person's private life to be made open season as well.

Where the hypocrisy comes in is when the celeb in question profiteers from there private life in the form of glossy magazine spreads of their wedding , new baby etc.. and then bleats about an invasion of privacy when it not on their terms.As far as I'm aware this has never been Alizee's style and therefore I don't believe she has thus forfeited her privacy just yet.

I'm as guilty as the next person in my desire to see new Alizee images but this desire is for live performance clips , music videos ,magazine interviews etc. but I have no desire to see where Alizee lives , eats for lunch or how she lifts sound equipment !

As a print journalist I'm aware of the irony of me bashing the press.However I can also draw on my own experience albeit on a much smaller scale.A good few years ago , back when I was a budding reporter , I got caught up in a local controversy.An article I had written had been accused of fabrication and I was being criticised by a rival publication who were backed by the central figure in the article.At one point I had a couple of reporters and photographers on my doorstep.What really upset me was when they took a picture of my then girlfriend , now my wife.As it was the whole thing blew over very quickly , my facts were proved correct and no pictures or stories were published.Even though this was only a small regional issue I still remember how it made me feel and I can only imagine the national fervour that Alizee has to contend with.

I think the thing that's most concerning with the photos is it opens the possiblity that someone with a working knowledge of Paris could ultimately work out where Alizee and her family live.I don't believe that just because someone is in the public eye they have to put up with this kind of press irresponsiblity , so like I said good for her.

My apologies for the rant but as you can see it is an issue I feel strongly about.I'll bring it to a close now as I think I can hear my soapbox creaking !
Old 05-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Wannabe Minstrel

Infatuated is on a distinguished road

Cheers Par mon paupieres!!! Well put! You heard the soapbox creaking because i'm sure there are some of us on it with you.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:42 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road
Cool

i tended to think that celebrities are kinda crying babies
but then again i really don't know how it is to be a celebrity
and i can imagine how being photographed constantly is extremely annoying and imho an invasion of privacy

i definitely agree with the french law that is much stricter than ours
one's personal image vis a vis photographs should be considered a type (albeit not a full fledged form) of personal property that should be protected to some degree

i love it when Alizee is assertive - too bad it doesn't happen too often
Old 07-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee Lawsuit

Remember the topic were someone said Alizee was suing a magazine for taking a picture of her, Annily, and her husband without her consent? I cant seem to find the topic but I wanted to ask whatever happened with that? Did she go through with it, or was it just a rumor?

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Isn't it if they alter the picture to make it look humiliating then she can sue for public humiliation? Britney Spears gets her pictures all the time taken right? Even the bad ones. Actually I should say all the celebrities get bad pictures taken all the time.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:39 PM

ggin is on a distinguished road

Here's the thread I think you are looking for.

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...ghlight=annily

My signature and Avatar courtesy of the lovely and talented Amelie!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:53 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
Isn't it if they alter the picture to make it look humiliating then she can sue for public humiliation? Britney Spears gets her pictures all the time taken right? Even the bad ones. Actually I should say all the celebrities get bad pictures taken all the time.
As I understand it, it's illegal under French law.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggin View Post
Here's the thread I think you are looking for.

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...ghlight=annily
yup thats the one. Thank you, i will repost my question there!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Mr. Mike

So guys what ever happened with this; did she go through with it, or was it just a rumor?

Old 07-30-2008, 12:18 AM

Camapajama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
So guys what ever happened with this; did she go through with it, or was it just a rumor?
I'm not 10000% sure, but since this was a month or so ago, they probably already paid whatever was demanded (assuming they didn't want to make a big fuss over it).
I mean obviously, if her complaints were because they didn't follow regulations/laws, then my bet is she got some coin.