Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-29-2008, 03:49 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Ohmigod...hundreds of... 'your mother' jokes...rushing into brain...at once...too much! TOO MUCH!
Old 06-29-2008, 03:52 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Ohmigod...hundreds of... 'your mother' jokes...rushing into brain...at once...too much! TOO MUCH!

Alizée says, "chillax mon"

Old 06-29-2008, 03:52 AM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

Barrett's response TOTALLY flew over my head like so many pteradactyls in a metal music video. My it's late.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:16 AM

Fixty Sixty is on a distinguished road

I showed the Alizée en Concert DVD to 8 people (3 male and 5 female) and provided written translations of all the songs. Only one, a music professor, didn't like the music (he said the songs all sounded the same to him), but also only one became a fan of her music and that person is now a big MF fan after I showed him the Avant Que L'ombre... concert DVD. The other 6 liked Alizée's music, but not enough to pursue it. All said Alizée's voice was pleasant, but not great. They all thought her stage presence was exceptional for someone so young.

Of 2 people I know that have heard Psychédélices, one (the same guy from above who likes her older music) likes it, and one (who hadn't heard of Alizée before) didn't like it saying it was too rappy.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:56 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

My brother likes her to an extent, but not significantly more than to play a J'ai Pas Vingt Ans remix at parties and to enjoy the new Lili videos that I ask him to watch.

A girl I worked with likes some of her stuff because I'd play it while we worked fairly often. She doesn't pursue more Alizée things either, though.

I'm sometimes working before anyone else gets to the store, so I'll play a few albums in the morning (but always have to turn it off prior to opening. The only time I was allowed to play music when we opened I was playing the new Sarah Brightman album "Symphony" and customers complained about it). I've played a couple of Alizée albums and very frequently played a mix of the covers she's done on TV and her English songs. This was met with resistance based on the language that was equaled only by the dislike for metal.

My parents have heard me playing her often but have no like for the music. When my brother got an LG Shine, I mentioned that Alizée had one. I got a high-five from my brother and groans from my parents.

Finally, my friends have all had Lili force-fed by me whenever I can play her around them, but I only have one friend who doesn't try to make fun of her.

My only success story has been converting Solaris to Quinism, but I'm more than satisfied with that.

Last edited by RadioactiveMan; 06-29-2008 at 12:58 PM..
Old 06-29-2008, 01:17 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Complained about Sarah Brightman? The nerve!
Old 06-29-2008, 02:07 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Yeah, tell me about it. I had always believed that most of what I listen to (that is, anything less heavy than Megadeth) would be accepted by almost anyone. Symphony was specifically chosen for that portion of the playlist. It broke my heart to turn it off because I never imagined someone being so hateful as to search out a manager and complain about what they heard for fifteen minutes while they shopped.

Now that I think about it, I did actually play all of Psychedelices during operating hours once except that there were next to no customers and from staff I received no comments except for a general feeling of dislike.

Alas, I think I'll be a hermit.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Alas, I think I need to lynch the people who shop at that store RAM.

And why would they complain, I have nearly every Megadeth album, and that's not even half as what I consider as heavy, in fact if I was you RAM, buy some Finntroll, and boost that for a change.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:15 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I teach 3 - 5 year olds ballet and I often bring along my Alizee albums. We even did a couple of recitials to her music. It was fun even though teaching 3 - 5 year olds to move in unison on stage is like herding cats. Anyway, some of the parents requested the albums because they would sit and watch their future divas dance to her songs and rather enjoyed her music.

I've also went to a friend of mine who is majoring in films and he and I have been working together on producing a video of Idealizer. I've already choreographed the dance moves. It will contain ballet and modern dance. We couldn't get a green light for it this year, but will try again in the fall.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:15 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
In the meanwhile, I got a CD to copy...
Sorry Neiteio, I have to say it. Please don't steal from Alizée, buy more CDs to share.