Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I teach 3 - 5 year olds ballet and I often bring along my Alizee albums. We even did a couple of recitials to her music. It was fun even though teaching 3 - 5 year olds to move in unison on stage is like herding cats. Anyway, some of the parents requested the albums because they would sit and watch their future divas dance to her songs and rather enjoyed her music.

I've also went to a friend of mine who is majoring in films and he and I have been working together on producing a video of Idealizer. I've already choreographed the dance moves. It will contain ballet and modern dance. We couldn't get a green light for it this year, but will try again in the fall.

Maybe you can teach em to do the JPVA dance.
I kid, I kid, unless, you take a liking to this idea...
Old 06-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

My attempts to convert people have failed. I have shown her to my friends and brothers, but none of them like her. My brother just said he wasn't interested in the sound of her music. One of my friends girlfriend listened to her and said it was not bad, but I don't think she pursued it any farther.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 06-29-2008, 06:59 PM
De Fan

jdfeeley is on a distinguished road
Smile Converting Others

Yeah, I've got one of my friends liking her music, and the other who hasn't had a chance to listen to beyond 30 seconds of her due to his busy job. I've got my brother hooked on MCE. He loves it. Well probably buy the cd for him for his birthday.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:08 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbeam View Post
Sorry Neiteio, I have to say it. Please don't steal from Alizée, buy more CDs to share.
I started on Alizée through piracy, lowbeam. I wouldn't buy a CD before I knew that I liked it. After I downloaded her music and listened to it for a few weeks, I decided that I really liked it, and I've now bought most of her albums twice, in addition to plenty of singles.

By handing out burned copies of Alizée's CDs, Neiteio is publicizing her. Had this not happened, well, nothing would happen. But now, there are plenty of people who might support Alizée, who otherwise wouldn't have.

Unauthorized copies of intellectual property are usually the wrong thing to do, but at the same time they can be very right. I don't think that anything Neiteio does can Alizée in any way.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
I started on Alizée through piracy, lowbeam. I wouldn't buy a CD before I knew that I liked it. After I downloaded her music and listened to it for a few weeks, I decided that I really liked it, and I've now bought most of her albums twice, in addition to plenty of singles.

By handing out burned copies of Alizée's CDs, Neiteio is publicizing her. Had this not happened, well, nothing would happen. But now, there are plenty of people who might support Alizée, who otherwise wouldn't have.

Unauthorized copies of intellectual property are usually the wrong thing to do, but at the same time they can be very right. I don't think that anything Neiteio does can Alizée in any way.

To confirm Mr. Boutonnat's point of Alizée's approval/surprisal and odd disapproval and different reception...

"She also commented that piracy in music has two sides "one good" and "one bad" saying that sometimes it's good because her music reaches places that she never thought to reach"

Alizée Wiki
Old 06-29-2008, 07:15 PM
un jour une fois

Oh, so I'm M. Boutonnat, now, am I?

Well, I guess I have no reason to be upset. Alizée and I seem to share a mindset!
Old 06-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Faded into Gray

Well it's sort of a feeling inside, your avatar just seems to suit you so much I consider you Mr. Boutonnat.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:20 PM
un jour une fois

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Well it's sort of a feeling inside, your avatar just seems to suit you so much I consider you Mr. Boutonnat.
Oooh, did that post make my day!

I'm of to compose something, then.

I didn't say that I was composing music, though. I rarely do that.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:33 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

I understand what you are saying, and you have a good point but I actually hand out Cds that I purchase to any friends or family that are interested, sometimes they are stunned that I just don't burn a copy for them. To answer Neiteio's original question, some of them have become converted but none to my extent

I certainly won't get angry with Neiteio, that's why I said please and it is a complicated subject. It's only that Alizée means so much to me that any hint of real harm to her makes me react and I still believe my way is better for her but that is just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post

Old 06-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Faded into Gray

That's why when I make copies for friends, I just give them two songs from each album, and if they want more, they can buy it for themselves. I usually include my favorites, Gourmandises, Moi..Lolita, J'en ai Marre, A Contre-Courant, Lilly Town, and Fifty Sixty.

I always carry these in my pockets ready to give out, Alizée means a lot to me as well, and I have cabinets of poetry, songs, and drawings to justificate that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire
Oooh, did that post make my day!

I'm of to compose something, then.

I didn't say that I was composing music, though. I rarely do that.
I'm still trying to fool everyone into thinking i'm Viggo Mortensen.