Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-13-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I agree with you lefty. I remember her saying something in an interview...how she might have a baby after the tour. I don't think she can afford another long break like that though, not so soon after coming back.
The only thing that kept her alive was youtube and the JEAM video... There is no more sexy videos now. If she takes a long break her career will be dead unless she does something epic.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
The only thing that kept her alive was youtube and the JEAM video... There is no more sexy videos now. If she takes a long break her career will be dead unless she does something epic.
I agree with this. It would be a very bad idea for her to take another break to have another child after her French concerts.

If you look at the two breaks between her three albums, the second one was very different from the first. The first was only two years rather than more than four, and there wasn't the same discontinuity between the music of the first two albums, either. Same composer, same lyricist, same concept.

Between MCE and Psychédélices the break was more than twice as long, and everything changed. She is building a new career, almost from scratch. She lost a lot of her old fans who weren't able to grow with her, and must now appeal to a new audience. She must decide who she is artistically, and where she wants to go. Psychédélices was an experiment in that it brought together so many different artists, and there's a lot of variety to it. She need to follow it with a new album on a more consistent theme, with perhaps a single composer and a single lyricist. (My suggestion as to whom -- Jérémy and Jean Fauque. I seem to like their songs from Psych better than any others. But that's just me; she should get a wider opinion.)

As far as another child is concerned, she's still very young; she can have a child anytime from now into her thirties. There's plenty of time. Her career won't stand that kind of interruption at this point.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 PM

Max is on a distinguished road

I see you missed my post.

Or maybe it's just the fact I presented disproves your theory, so you choose to ignore it.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:04 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

I would not want another 3-4 yr break. It was tough thinking she might never come back when I became a fan. Another break would put her at 27-29 yrs of age. I'm sure I'll still be a fan. It's just the waiting that's harsh.

Tip: Put your life on hold. Do whatever you need to do if you want to meet her or see her in concert. I met some hardcore fans, and they certainly sacrificed some personal events in their life to see Lili.

Also, wouldn't hurt to try and keep promoting her to come to the US. What have we got to lose?

Alizee: Wowww!

Last edited by rcs; 07-13-2008 at 03:07 PM..
Old 07-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I see you missed my post.

Or maybe it's just the fact I presented disproves your theory, so you choose to ignore it.
A single instance proves nothing. It's possible to have a successful start after several years of absence, but if you do that you're essentially starting over from scratch, and have no momentum from your previous achievements. Still, people do start from scratch and succeed. It's possible.

But it's not the way to bet.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:23 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

There's nothing wrong with taking a short break, but if shes gone another 3 or 4 years, I don't think she'll be able to get her career back. Shes JUST starting to gain some momentum, she really can't afford to leave for that long again. I don't know, I can understand wanting to take a break, but that is not usual for most artists. She is still young, and needs to use that time to have a career if that's what she wants. Her career is going on what...8 years now? That's a pretty long time period, most artists are making albums every 2 years or so. If she wants another baby, I support that. But, I hate to think when shes really starting to come alive again, shes going to disappear.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
A single instance proves nothing.
That single instance totally disproves the popular theory that "if she takes a long break her career will be dead".

One counter example is enough to disprove that theory, and I provided that counter example.

Quote:
It's possible to have a successful start after several years of absence, but if you do that you're essentially starting over from scratch, and have no momentum from your previous achievements. Still, people do start from scratch and succeed. It's possible.
Of course it's possible. If the artist is really talented, it's a good bet.

You people need to have more faith in Alizée.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
That single instance totally disproves the popular theory that "if she takes a long break her career will be dead".

One counter example is enough to disprove that theory, and I provided that counter example.
No. The only thing that one counterexample would disprove is if it were claimed that no artist could EVER take a long break and achieve a successful comeback. What you're saying is that it's nothing to worry about, that success will be easy, that taking a long break now would perhaps be a good idea. For that, you need more than one counterexample.

I do think Alizée is very talented, but there is no sense in putting extra obstacles in front of herself. It's not completely impossible that she could pull off a fourth album after another 3-4 year hiatus, but it still would not be wise, in my opinion. She has some momentum now and needs to build on it. I think it's time to start recording a new album no later than three months after she concludes this concert tour. The time to start planning one was months ago, which hopefully she did.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
No. The only thing that one counterexample would disprove is if it were claimed that no artist could EVER take a long break and achieve a successful comeback.
That's the impression I get from this thread:

"another 3 years may just kill her career"

"her career will be dead"

"her career won't stand that kind of interruption"

"I don't think she'll be able to get her career back"

Quote:
What you're saying is that it's nothing to worry about, that success will be easy, that taking a long break now would perhaps be a good idea.
Like everyone else, I don't want her to disappear. But if she decides to take a break, it's not the end of the world. As soon as she makes a new great album, people will welcome her back.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:16 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Like everyone else, I don't want her to disappear. But if she decides to take a break, it's not the end of the world. As soon as she makes a new great album, people will welcome her back.
The key word here is "great." There are very few "great" albums in the world. Not everybody can simply toss one together.

Yes. No one is arguing that it is possible that she could take a long break and then be able to start over again with a killer album. However, first of all, none of us would like to wait, and second of all, she would need that killer album to really spark a return.

Also, whereas this time she came back from break having gone out close to on top, the next time she would not be working off the same clout. Unless she esablishes herself on top or close to on top now, the next time she tries to come back she will just be another former singer trying to make a comeback. She might get lucky and she might not.