Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 12-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Is it possible to have an option for notification sounds when a new message is posted to the chatbox? Or, if that already exists, I can't find it.
I agree, that would be nice. When you're on a different tab and somebody sends a message, you never see it till you come back :/
Old 12-10-2013, 09:18 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I agree, that would be nice. When you're on a different tab and somebody sends a message, you never see it till you come back :/
Unfortunately there is no such option with this chatbox. We used to have sound notification with flashchat, but not with this one.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

OK, thanks MA!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Unfortunately there is no such option with this chatbox. We used to have sound notification with flashchat, but not with this one.
Aw, alright. I still remember the sounds for that one, I hoped that we might be able to use those hehe
Thanks MA!
Old 12-12-2013, 08:10 PM

outlaw is on a distinguished road

hello my friends. long time no see. I noticed once someone wanted to change the alizee logo or pic of her on the site. may I suggested a 3d image of her and a new logo? blend in with the times?
Old 02-15-2014, 08:28 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
hello my friends. long time no see. I noticed once someone wanted to change the alizee logo or pic of her on the site. may I suggested a 3d image of her and a new logo? blend in with the times?
Did you have anything specific in mind?

On another front, I wish with this and in other forums when you go to the forum page with the chat box, I wish they had the time that is being used displayed at the top of the page where the chat box is, rather than at the bottom.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:58 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
On another front, I wish with this and in other forums when you go to the forum page with the chat box, I wish they had the time that is being used displayed at the top of the page where the chat box is, rather than at the bottom.
I think the time at the bottom is supposed to be your computer's local time zone anyway, but it would be handy to have that at the top
Old 02-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Last Fan Standing

Yes, the times I see for the chatbox posts correspond to my local time. But I know that if I read threads when I'm not signed in, then the times shown are in forum time, and for AF that's 7 or 8 hours off. But as long as I'm signed in everything is in my time.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:39 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I guess that's where I've run into problems, when I'm not signed in and when I'm travelling. When I'm in France or what ever, if I get the way this is set up right, if I'm signed in, it will show the chat times in EST time, so then I have to take my shoes off to calculate the difference if I changed the time zone on my Kindle which I usually do.

I don't know if this would be hard to do, but it seems to me that we could have a system that if you're not signed in, would say chat times displayed are GMT along with the actual GMT right near the chat box, where you don't have to scroll down and if you're signed in, it would show a message saying chat times are in local time, along with the local time.

It would make life so much easier for simple minded people like me.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-16-2014 at 09:47 AM..
Old 02-16-2014, 10:21 AM
Last Fan Standing

Visiting the forum without signing in is like walking past a restaurant and just looking at the food instead of going in to enjoy!

If you go in the forum User Control Panel, and go down to Options, near the bottom you can set your local time zone to whatever you choose. That's how the forum knows what time to show you. Only takes a few seconds. I think the forum time is set to where the servers are. I think.

Tags
forum, suggestion box