Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2019, 02:11 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for bumping this thread.

The problem with forums is that there are people involved , and when you get two or more together, there will be differences in every conceivable way. I have read a lot of historical threads on this forum going way back and WOW, there were some pretty vicious stuff said. Since I have been a member, the forum has been quite tame in comparison.

I think we all have shown good judgment in our posts for the most part, and if we slip, there is always the Delete button and an apology if necessary. Problem solved. I think common sense can guide our online behavior similarly to being at a social gathering in real life, especially when there are people in the room that you don't know well. A good rule of thumb is if you cannot say something to their face, then you probably shouldn't say it in a post.

Moderators have four levels of Infractions they can issue:

Inappropriate Language
Insulting Other Members
Signature Rule Violation
Spammed Advertisements

The first two are very broad. What one might consider Inappropriate Language, others might have no issues.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Brad gave this guideline for posts in the forum when he owned it.

When Ben took over, he added religion to the list of topics or post content to avoid or remove.
Brad's list is good but it is hard to know what offends Alizee. For example, we have posted pictures of our favorite Alizee hair styles, but also our least favorite. Concert outfits that we didn't like. I'm interpreting it is being careful about what is posted about the people she is closest to, Annily, Greg, her parents, etc.

Politics are so triggering these days, so I have to agree strongly with that, but there was some recent discussions about France's economic model, which might be misinterpreted as being political, but I would consider it more Economics.

With religion, there is a big difference between proselytizing and just posting something FYI. Scruffy had a recent trip to Cyprus and posted some pictures of the churches he visited and some historical background. I see nothing wrong with those kind of posts.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 02-12-2019 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts