Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 08-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
My connection and love for her is not of sexual desire ( not that she is not desirable). I feel like I am disrespecting her and violating her by thinking of her in a sexual way. I want to think of her as the wonderful person she is, and all the good accomplishments she has made. Not in a sexual way, because she deserves better.
I'm going to suggest something here, which I believe is true.

Alizée wants to be thought of in a sexual way. She likes being an object of desire -- as long as that isn't all she is (and there's no danger of that whatsoever). She likes being sexy. She likes turning people on. If she didn't, she wouldn't do it. And she certainly does do it! She likes to flirt, she likes to seduce, she enjoys wearing revealing clothes. It's all in the interviews, if you care to look it up.

So no, you wouldn't be violating her or disrespecting her by thinking of her in a sexual way, as long as doing so doesn't mean you can't also relate to her as an admirer of her talent and an affectionate friend. Because of course these are things she wants too; she isn't one-dimensional.

Something else, though: the lyrics of J'en Ai Marre are somewhat subtle and not crude or vulgar. The interpretation, by setting everything out in the open, isn't subtle and is crude and vulgar. But she's never performed the interpretation, only the song.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

I expect her to want to be sexy and turn people on. Most girls do. However, I don't know her personally, and sexual desires and actions are personal to people. This is why I don't think of her sexually. Sometimes I slip up and do. I just try not too, but we are all human, and every now and then our desires come to the surface. I just try to keep my sexual desires below more important desires.

If she told me that she didn't mind me thinking of her sexually, then I would not have a problem thinking of her more sexually.

One thing people around me don't get about me is how my attraction towards women works. Sexual desires are not a thing I get worked up over. When I look at women, I first notice their eyes, and hair. Not their breasts or butt or legs. The eyes to me are the most beautiful part of a women. That is were majority of the emotion is shown. Since I am all about emotion, naturally they attract me first. I just prefer things like a candle lit dinner to sex. I don't get worked up over sex. It is a great thing, but there are far more important things to me.

I know these lyrics are just that, lyrics. The awkward feeling I had was something subconsceous. I didn't feel that way purposefully. Something in my brain just kicked in and I felt awkward. Lke I said, I had never had that strong of a feeling like that about something.

Last edited by Tye; 08-10-2007 at 10:41 AM..
Old 08-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
One thing people around me don't get about me is how my attraction towards women works. Sexual desires are not a thing I get worked up over. When I look at women, I first notice their eyes, and hair. Not their breasts or butt or legs. The eyes to me are the most beautiful part of a women. That is were majority of the emotion is shown.
Well, sure. Actually, I'm the same way. But you know, and I think this is also part of the residue of puritanism, I don't think a lot of people understand the mechanism of sexual attraction, because they try to sever it from the whole person. There's a lot of mind to it, in fact, it's mostly mental. You're attracted not just to the body but to the whole person, or else it's not any good. And yes, the eyes are the window of the soul.

It works the other direction, too. Night before last, my housemate had two people over to visit, an 18-year-old boy and girl (couple), and when the girl saw me she did this very common thing, looked me in the eyes, and then looked down to see the rest of me. No way in the world was I going to take that for an invitation, with her boyfriend in the same room, and I don't think it was one, but it was definitely attraction, and it didn't bother me, I loved it. And Alizée surely gets that energy a lot, and a lot of it is from men she will never actually have sex with. Because not only does she have a beautiful face and body, but she's a beautiful person, too. (If a bit of a scamp. ) And I'm sure she loves it, too.

So my feeling is, don't sweat it. I find I'm attracted to her in just about every way conceivable. I would really love to talk to her, have a conversation with her, and help each other become bilingual. I would love to do magic with her, because I know she does that kind of thing and I do too, and I have reason to believe she's quite good. Of course I love hearing her sing and seeing her perform, and I also love writing poetry and song lyrics for her -- and if at times those end up being a little racy and flirtatious, that's cool, because that's also how I feel. And if in the future things worked out that way, would I be interested in having sex with her? You bet I would. And I see no reason to hide that, or be ashamed of it or embarrassed by it.

Of course, I'm on the wrong side of the ocean to make that desire even remotely realistic at present, even if she wasn't married. Some of the other things can be done long-distance, and so as far as acting on desire is concerned, those things are what I would like to do. But there's no reason to pretend the sexual attraction isn't there, merely because I am in no position to do anything about it. Do you see what I mean?

Last edited by Deepwaters; 08-10-2007 at 12:18 PM..
Old 08-10-2007, 01:11 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
I feel as if I am disrespecting her, even violating her privacy, and wouldn't want to do that to her, no matter what. I see beyond her outer beauty and into her inner.
While I can see the reason that you wouldn't want to look at her in this way, it is not at all a violation of her privacy. When Alizée went up on stage to sing Moi... Lolita wearing a dress that was entirely ineffective at hiding her underclothing, she knew what she was doing it, and she knew why: To do what her character did, which is creating desire for her in older men. Sure, it worked on boys of the same age, but the point was that Alizée was a Lolita.

When singing J'en ai marre, Alizée knew then too what she was doing. She knew how revealing her clothing was, and how sexually attractive her dance was. It's her job to do this, and she knows exactly what she's doing to the men this time. These performances are not Alizée's private life, and even the pictures of it that we've seen are barely a small fraction of it.

I can understand entirely why you and many others (myself partly included) would want to view Alizée this way, because, though it seems hopeless, we want to be more like an admirer than just a gawker, a friend rather than a watcher. It doesn't really do much, but it does give a feeling.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

I never think of her in a dirty kinda of a way, I admire her for who she is. Besides, the lyrics were written by Mylene and the image were created purposefully by Mylene to potray Alizee in a certain way.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:00 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

So because Mylène wrote it, it's not what Alizée feels? Alizée knew the images she portrayed, and she knew the effects of it. As the Nightwish song "Bare Grace Misery" says,

Quote:
This is what I am
Bare grace for the end of days
Alizée took the image by choice.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I never think of her in a dirty kinda of a way
(Sigh.)

I give up.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Alizee Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
So because Mylène wrote it, it's not what Alizée feels? Alizée knew the images she portrayed, and she knew the effects of it. As the Nightwish song "Bare Grace Misery" says,

Alizée took the image by choice.
It does not necessarily always work that way in the music industry. I am not saying that Alizee does not like what Mylene wants to project in terms of image, ( I personally think she likes it). But in the music industry things are often constructed to follow and appeal to a certain audience that artists may not have a choice over. For example, when Pink first debuted her songs were pop, teen oriented with catchy lyrics because at that time in the music industry in the late 90's/2000, you had Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears that she had to compete against, she was constructed to be a teen pop idol, something that she expressed in an interview that she did not necessarily like, whereas in the later albums by Pink she had more freedom in her music and was able to do music with her own style and not necessarily following what her record label wanted. I think one of the reasons Alizee parted ways with Mylene was becuase she wanted more freedom with her music style, I think she wants to drop the lolita image and project her own image thats herself not what Mylene wants her to be.

Last edited by Ali; 08-11-2007 at 01:49 AM..
Old 08-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Alizee Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
(Sigh.)

I give up.
Give up on what? There are other members on the forums who have indicated that they don't think of Alizee in a dirty kinda way and I think thats a good thing, that means that Alizee is very unique. What, am I all of a sudden should have dirty thoughts about her?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Ali:

Please note that I added bold to the word "dirty" in my quote of your post. This means that my problem is with your use of that word to describe things I don't believe deserve it.

Violence, coercion, malice, cruelty, these things are "dirty." (And no, of course you should not have violent, coercive, malicious, or cruel thoughts towards Alizée -- or anyone else.) Sex, unless characterized by one or more of those things, is not "dirty."

Last edited by Deepwaters; 08-10-2007 at 11:46 PM..