Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-07-2020, 10:24 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Anyone know when this website was founded?
The member "Ben" hosts this website and is the registrar of the domain name. The Join Date listed for him is 6-23-2006, so that will almost pinpoint the date.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:32 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Do you have a link to his profile?
Old 05-07-2020, 10:59 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyone know when this website was founded?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
The member "Ben" hosts this website and is the registrar of the domain name. The Join Date listed for him is 6-23-2006, so that will almost pinpoint the date.
Ben owns it now, but Brad founded it. The official "admin" user was registered on 6/06/2006 and Brad the following day on 6/07/2006 so I would say it was then.

Quote:
Do you have a link to his profile?
You can find Ben, Brad, and every other member under the Members List tab ^^^
Old 05-07-2020, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Now, what looks weird to me is that hug... I mean, is it sincere?
I'm sure Alizée used that opportunity to vent and Grégoire was the first that didn't want to see Alizée in tears. So, from this point of view, I think it was sincere and they both "needed" that hug for different reasons.
But how long had they know each other back then? For just 2 weeks?
So my doubts are: were they already so close to each other? Or was that hug forced by whoever managed the show?
I believe the hug was sincere. We all know that Alizee is a warm person by nature. Greg seems pretty easy to get along with and not intimidating at all. The risk he took participating in this scene was that he was going to be "friend-zoned" by Alizee. Being disliked by Alizee would be worse than just being friends with Alizee, but you know he wanted more, and do you blame him?

Not everything is scripted in reality TV. I'm sure Alizee knew this segment was going to be about her split up, but my guess is that her lines were not scripted and the hug was spontaneous.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Ben owns it now, but Brad founded it.
Brad was the name that I couldn't remember. My mind kept going to Ben. Thanks for the correction!

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 05-07-2020 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-07-2020, 11:10 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Brad was the name that I couldn't remember. My mind kept going to Ben. Thanks for the correction!
Ben's stuck around the longest so it's natural If you check the Members List tab and sort the list by Join Date date, number of Posts, or Last Visit Date, you can find most people you're searching for if you can't remember their user names or the spelling. It's a pretty nifty tool
Old 05-08-2020, 06:52 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

If I'm not mistaken, Ben was also a member of the now defunct Alizée forum. I can't remember if he was an admin there. He went by the name Snatcher42. You can see him in this video from the autograph session in 2007 was it, at about the 2:02 mark. In fact, you can see him wearing a Alizee forum t shirt.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DpI...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-08-2020 at 06:57 AM..
Old 05-08-2020, 09:37 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
He went by the name Snatcher42. You can see him in this video from the autograph session in 2007 was it, at about the 2:02 mark. In fact, you can see him wearing a Alizee forum t shirt.
Aye you're in the video too . Where was it that you met her?

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 05-08-2020 at 09:51 AM..
Old 05-08-2020, 10:21 AM
Administrator

He needs to change his name from ScruffyDog to LuckyDog, because he's met her more than once.

The closest I got was when he visited Alizee at the dance studio in September of 2018, and she signs my photo starting at 0:28.

Old 05-08-2020, 02:21 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Scruffydog777;269691]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Quote:
Aye you're in the video too . Where was it that you met her?
I can be seen at 2:20 and 3:00. This is at the Virgin Megastore in Paris, now closed I believe. This was an autograph session for the album A child of the century. There was a video of this meeting posted by a tv station that I think is still on Youtube and there's an interesting story in here of how this private autograph session all came about.
In order

I met her first at the autograph session in 2008 where I was standing in line to meet her like all the other fans.

2010 where was she had a private autograph session for her Alizee America fans which was mentioned above

In 2012, I saw her in 2 Les Enfoires shows in Lyon. At one point during the shows, she came up in the stands to sing with another singer (Mimi) and was standing about 6 ' away from me.

In 2013, I saw her again at 2 Les Enfoires shows in Paris. At one of them, she appeared to give me "the look".

In 2013, again as a fan standing in line, I met her and got an autographed cd of her new album 5. I also got about 70 other cds for our fans.

In 2013, I went to Ajaccio where she was holding an autograph session for the locals and got many great pictures and videos.

Again in 2013, I saw her sing a duet 'Dear Darlin' with Olly Murs.

What a year 2013 was!

2014, me and another member here went to Strasbourg to see her in another Les Enfoires show. We didn't find out until during the show, by the fact she wasn't in it that she had cancelled. Steam was coming out of my ears.
There was no autograph session for Blonde

Didn't see her during the Dals years.

2018. Went to the dance studio.

I believe it was on 4 occasions I got her to say hello to AlizeeAmerica.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-08-2020 at 02:26 PM..
Old 05-08-2020, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Scruffydog777;269695]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

I met her first at the autograph session in 2008 where I was standing in line to meet her like all the other fans.

2010 where was she had a private autograph session for her Alizee America fans which was mentioned above

In 2012, I saw her in 2 Les Enfoires shows in Lyon. At one point during the shows, she came up in the stands to sing with another singer (Mimi) and was standing about 6 ' away from me.

In 2013, I saw her again at 2 Les Enfoires shows in Paris. At one of them, she appeared to give me "the look".

In 2013, again as a fan standing in line, I met her and got an autographed cd of her new album 5. I also got about 70 other cds for our fans.

In 2013, I went to Ajaccio where she was holding an autograph session for the locals and got many great pictures and videos.

Again in 2013, I saw her sing a duet 'Dear Darlin' with Olly Murs.

What a year 2013 was!

2014, me and another member here went to Strasbourg to see her in another Les Enfoires show. We didn't find out until during the show, by the fact she wasn't in it that she had cancelled. Steam was coming out of my ears.
There was no autograph session for Blonde

Didn't see her during the Dals years.

2018. Went to the dance studio.

I believe it was on 4 occasions I got her to say hello to AlizeeAmerica.
Thanks for the time line, Scruffydog. I knew you had met her more than once--especially, of course, the great 2018 meeting at the dance studio. But it is nice to have an idea of all the different times you saw/met her and how they came to be.

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline