Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-01-2010, 11:59 AM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road
Default Languages you can speak/learning ?

So guys how many languages(regional as well as national) you can speak or are in the intermediate stage or trying to learning any ?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

I'm fluent in Swedish and at least understandable in English. Well, I know for sure that I'm the best one in my class in English (Yeah... you can imagine how bad they must be. ). I'm learning some French on my own and I know it better than the German I learned for 3 years in school, probably because I really want to learn it and also because our teacher was so bad. In Spanish, I only know some easy words and sentences.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I'm fluent in Swedish and at least understandable in English. Well, I know for sure that I'm the best one in my class in English (Yeah... you can imagine how bad they must be. ). I'm learning some French on my own and I know it better than the German I learned for 3 years in school, probably because I really want to learn it and also because our teacher was so bad. In Spanish, I only know some easy words and sentences.
Don't worry man, English is in my opinion the hardest language that uses the Latin alphabet.

I can speak: English, Spanish, and French

Studying: Italian, German, Irish Gaelic (yes, there's a difference), and if I get all of <-- fluent the. I'll try Russian)
Old 12-01-2010, 03:43 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

'Irish Gaelic'

Jalen

I'm not being rude but do you mind if i ask you why?
Irish is the most useless language known to man.
No country in the world (including the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland) use it??
It is the Official language of the ROI but it's not used on a daily basis apart from in a minute number of Irish speaking areas.
It is used here in NI as a bit of a political 'football' but i just can't see the point in learning to speak a language which is as dead as the Dodo?

As for me i have English and a little bit of Serbo/Croat. I'm trying to learn Polish at the minute. Failed my first exam a few weeks ago!

Last edited by Junkmale; 12-01-2010 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 12-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Im learning spanish right now. Im in my 5th year now and still need alot of practice and study. Hopefully I can become fluent.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
'Irish Gaelic'
shits and giggles mainly,

but other than that I like the way it sounds, and the grammar fascinates me

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NmrcKZix7w4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NmrcKZix7w4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

^win

Plus, should I ever be kidnapped and taken in a white van to a scary, irish speaking ghetto of Mexico, I'll be able to talk my way out
Old 12-02-2010, 12:07 AM
On a hiatus break

I'm pretty fluent in Hindi(National language) and I can speak well many regional languages(like 11 or 12, it proves that India has a huge cultural heritage ). Decent English speaker. French is on way(but will definitely take some time as I'm unable to give it the required time).
Old 12-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aayush View Post
I'm pretty fluent in Hindi(National language) and I can speak well many regional languages(like 11 or 12, it proves that India has a huge cultural heritage ). Decent English speaker. French is on way(but will definitely take some time as I'm unable to give it the required time).
Would you like to tell which are those 11 or 12?
Old 12-02-2010, 12:50 AM
On a hiatus break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Would you like to tell which are those 11 or 12?
With much pleasure
3 state languages, Marwadi(my own language), sindhi & punjabi( a lil by the support of my neighbours), Rajasthani( pretty much similar to Marwadi), Nepali(learned from my Karate master) & bengali(pretty interesting language, still in progress).
Ok, a total of 11 languages I know and French is on way, so a total of 12.
I'm total fluent in Hindi & English, other languages I have learned a little due to my immense interest of learning different languages by the support of my friends and relatives. Actually there are many more different speaker in my surrounding but what they speak is totally different from Hindi, that's why I failed to understand & learn those
Old 12-02-2010, 04:38 AM

Adarsh is on a distinguished road

I'm fluent in Hindi,English,Oriya(own language) and little bit bhojpuri, bengali and also punjabi.......