Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 04-07-2013, 04:18 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

After having time to play this album to death, I can honestly say this is easily Alizée's best album since MCE. It is extremely consistant - the only song I don't love is La guerre en dentelles. My favourites are A cause de l'automne, 10 ans, Mon chevalier, Je veux bien and Boxing club, but the others aren't far behind.

Most importantly, this sounds like a very professionally made album with lush arrangements, as opposed to the home-made feel of UEDS and the occasionally generic europop sound of Psych. Although I have a bad feeling it won't do any better than the 2 albums that preceded it in terms of sales, Alizée should be proud of what she's achieved.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:29 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Official - new single is Je Veux Bien

Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I had a friend of mine listen to the four songs she tweeted about, Je Veux Bien, 10 Ans, Boxing Club, Le Dernier Souffle. I asked him what he thought of them, and which he would pick for her second single. He said it was a tie between Le Dernier Souffle and Boxing Club, then Je Veux Bie and last, 10 Ans. But if he HAD to choose it would be Le Dernier Souffle. I hope people respond to it positively
Old 04-08-2013, 02:23 PM

foxy is on a distinguished road

Although I like Je Veux Bien, imo the 2nd single should be Le Dernier Souffle, boxing club or Si tu es un homme...

I agree with your friend Fall06, Le Dernier Souffle is my favorite song from the new album too.

Last edited by foxy; 04-08-2013 at 02:26 PM..
Old 04-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

Just some info about the weekly national charts so far...

5 debuted at no. 25 on the French albums chart two days ago (UEdS was no. 24 when it came).
In Belgium it has also no. 169 in Flanders and no. 41 in Wallonia.
After the 5 album release, "À cause de l'automne" re-entered the French singles chart and also debuted at no. 50 in Wallonia.

Sources: SNEP, Ultratop
Old 04-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
Although I like Je Veux Bien, imo the 2nd single should be Le Dernier Souffle, boxing club or Si tu es un homme...

I agree with your friend Fall06, Le Dernier Souffle is my favorite song from the new album too.
I was stuck between Je Veux Bien and Boxing Club personally, but Le Dernier Souffle was definitely next, over 10 Ans I mean.

Thanks for the update Tom ^
Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
Although I like Je Veux Bien, imo the 2nd single should be Le Dernier Souffle...... Le Dernier Souffle is my favorite song from the new album too.
I agree.. imo the catchiest track since Moi... Lolita.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 PM

Does anyone have any official sales figures for 5? It's been out a while now and as far as I'm aware it's been getting A LOT more promotion than UEDS ever did! I'd be interested to see how it compares. Also Je veux bien is an excellent choice of single I think. Out of the people I have played this album to, Je veux bien and A cause de l'automne are the two songs most people seem to instantly like so I think she made a good call with those two. Plus we might get a music video!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Does anyone have any official sales figures for 5?

It stabilizes for a day or two after each autograph session but as a general tendency it keeps on going down the french charts ... I have this weird feeling that radios and tv channels aren't playing her songs as regularly as they should.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 04-12-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
It stabilizes for a day or two after each autograph session but as a general tendency it keeps on going down the french charts ... I have this weird feeling that radios and tv channels aren't playing her songs as regularly as they should.
If every radio station played as much Alizée as it should we'd just be able to turn on the radio and she'd be there. Even on Classic FM.

It's such a shame because I genuinely believe this album could do extremely well if it was promoted to death. It's catchy and radio-friendly without being generic - something which both UEDS and Psych somewhat failed at. But she doesn't have the influence to be able to get it out there. Still, things seem to be going better promotion-wise than the media black hole that seemed to engulf the UEDS era, most days I can go on facebook and there'll be a new TV or Radio show with her on.

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...