Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-08-2007, 03:02 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road

good question marik! i love alizee, she is rocking... what about her new album fifty sixty, it tastes like rocking
Old 09-08-2007, 03:16 AM

marik is on a distinguished road
Default yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umesh View Post
good question marik! i love alizee, she is rocking... what about her new album fifty sixty, it tastes like rocking
yeah!he said that Alizée sucks in rap? so listen to her song Mon Maquis afte saying that word or youll see its wong,remember prove 1st before you act!
Old 09-08-2007, 03:53 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post
yeah!he said that Alizée sucks in rap? so listen to her song Mon Maquis afte saying that word or youll see its wong,remember prove 1st before you act!
That's rap? Ok, hmm, maybe. If that's rap, then maybe I can like rap, Alizée style (or Mylène style).

Merci Fanny
Old 09-08-2007, 04:04 AM

rap is different from rock! rocking is the one where people will be going crazy and rap is nothing but rhythmic delivery of rhymes.... so what does the song Mon Maquis refers to? its nothing but a rock!
Old 09-08-2007, 04:13 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
Hey everyone.
I saw this information on a french site, translated by moi, but I'm very good so any corrections are welcome!!

From: http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...nk&cd=10&gl=us
By the way, that page said it was Posted on Wednesday, 13 June 2007 at 13:43
Edited on Tuesday, 21 August 2007 at 13:24
That's pretty quick with the reference to 50/60. I haven't seen that before the 22nd here. So anyway, all the information in that blog post is from that day or earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
For me it really depends on how one defines rap. Mon maquis-style I can handle. I guess for me, my loathing of most rap actually stems from the subject matter, gangstas/violence/bitches/hoes/ignorance/drugs/agressive posturing and chest beating/etc, that I just can't stomach. You may all laugh at me but I actually like some of Will Smith's rap because of the lighter, more fun-oriented, subject matter. I guess for me it'll come down to what the rap (if there is one) is about and here the image presented would be more important to me than usual.
Well, I for one, totally agree with everything you said. Though, still, when I think of music I like and when I think of Alizée, rap certainly does not enter my mind. Though, I would not be at all surprised if there is some kind of rap on there. It's fine if she does variety to appeal to different people and tastes. I guess it's worth it to me if it increases her popularity and allows her to keep the hits rolling (and if she has fun doing it, of course).

Yes, it is unfair to label all rap as "gangsta" rap. Even a lot of what sounds like gangsta rap is talking about how hard the life is living in violent neighborhoods and making an appeal against violence. Either way, I don't like that stuff or R&B. Some of the old school R&B is ok, but just was never my thing. I feel like I can understand how some people could really like some of the R&B stuff that is "real music", but even that I just can't make myself like it, though I've tried to give it a chance. You either like it or you don't, but there's a point where it does just become offensive, especially when people are blasting it with special sub-woofer equipment and all you hear for a three mile radius is this annoying thump.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 09-08-2007 at 04:40 AM.. Reason: pre-merging posts :-P
Old 09-08-2007, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
That's rap? Ok, hmm, maybe. If that's rap, then maybe I can like rap, Alizée style (or Mylène style).
maybe its Rap nvm ignore me!
Old 09-08-2007, 06:12 AM

Quote:
rap is different from rock! rocking is the one where people will be going crazy and rap is nothing but rhythmic delivery of rhymes.... so what does the song Mon Maquis refers to? its nothing but a rock!
yeah yeah! ur right
Old 09-08-2007, 06:36 AM
JPVA lover

Le Parrain is on a distinguished road

i actually like rap. i grew up listening to it.
rap died in 2000, when the south took over and made it into pop.
anybody who watches music videos these days know what im talking about.
yea dont get me talking about rap/hiphop, i know a lot

anyways. i wouldnt want to see alizee rap, but im pretty sure it wont sound so bad.

^ THE WAIT IS OVER!!! ^
Old 09-08-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Parrain View Post
i actually like rap. i grew up listening to it.
rap died in 2000, when the south took over and made it into pop.
anybody who watches music videos these days know what im talking about.
yea dont get me talking about rap/hiphop, i know a lot

anyways. i wouldnt want to see alizee rap, but im pretty sure it wont sound so bad.
alizée in not going to rap! she is going to rock everybody.... when you listen to her new album, this is because alizee has performed a song with jeremy as a team, you know very well how jeremy could do when he is producing an album! he is a great rocker too! so alizee and jeremy made everybody to rock as you can see the clip from fifty sixty it seems to be like little rock, not rap , i dont like if any hiphop songs in her album.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Planetary Observer

Leo Sonidus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Music... inspires many, many emotions ... and by that very nature is intended for many uses: to move you to happines, sadness, meditation, calm, peace, frenzy, anger, violence, suicide, and yes ... even war.

You just have to understand that. Gansta' rap has negative connotations, and so does death-metal, devil-metal and the like which speak of dark things and suicide. All three of these, and anything likened to them, feed on the depression, desperation and impressionability of todays youth, yet, theses venues of energey venting are big money makers.

It shows a dubious path that society is following, social problems and concerns that are not being met or effetively addressed. Music, to me, is supposed to be a positive expanse of ones self and energies, not one that confines you to one sect or another, or else it is becomes something other than music. If we don't evlove and find some equilibrium, we are going to find ourselves more and more disfunctional and chaotic as a society as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Sonidus View Post
If people are too polarized...it then ceases to be music and becomes merely a personal preference. It would not be too hard to find something that is disagreeable to somebody of everything out there. I like some of everything, but not all of anything. I just like music. Nobody can win a battle of preference.

Alizee Blows My Mind!