Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-25-2022, 02:49 PM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Another thing to consider is if Mylene is calling it quits and I guess that's not a sure thing at this point, does that just mean an end to her own singing, or is she going to get completely away from the industry? If it's just her own singing, that would leaver her a lot more time to write songs for others!
I'm pretty sure she's said at some point (I think it may have been late 2020) in an Interview, that "she'll always write". That doesn't mean she'll be writing songs for others. She could be writing a book or something more 'poetic'. Either way, it would surely be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2022, 03:25 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

There was a prominent member here who some years ago said all he cared about was Alizee's career and nothing about her personally. Maybe many feel that way. She could have been a strung out drug user and an awful person but just as long as she gets out on stage and sings and shakes her hips, they would be satisfied. He's not here anymore and for those like him, Alizee is long forgotten.

I find Alizee possesses an intriguing and inviting personality. Her beauty and talent are bonuses. In a way, she is like extended "family". I want her to be happy even if it means she does not do what I want her to do.

I want her to sing. I want more substance to her career in a way that makes ME happy. (It sounds really selfish when I put it that way though). I realize that there is a very good chance that I won't get my way and that she will continue on the course she is on.

So I could just move on and try to forget about her. She could just turn off her camera and quit social media altogether. With either option, something would be missing from my life that I have enjoyed for years. Often just knowing she is OK is satisfying. So when she posts her vacation photos or photos of her family, pets or whatever, I do like that over the alternative.

On the other hand, she is still young and looks fantastic and has a window of opportunity to take her career to another level. It would be a shame if she settles with just having a local dance school for the next 30 years. But that is her decision and I'm sure Greg and her children are factors as to where she goes from here.
Old 03-25-2022, 05:04 PM

That would be a very shallow attitude to have. I enjoy the person that she is. It's as much a part of what makes her likeable as anything else does. I just want her to show more dedication and not make it all about family or at least really and officially quit instead of using sentences such as "never say never ". How long is anyone supposed to care or stay invested in what she does? There are many people who care that much about family as she does, get married, get pregnant but still put in the work immediately after because they love what they're doing and know that people want to see them. And then there is Alizée, who is doing something small of note two or three times a year - if she can be bothered, that is. Way I see it, she's become too utterly comfortable with her life and has stopped taking risks because, as it would appear, she is too afraid to fail again.

And it is not the type of situation where she deserved to succeed. Leaving Mylène was the worst decision she has made career wise. Having a head of your own doesn't work in everybody's favor. Now, as much as I'd like to see that reunion happen, I can't help but think that Alizée simply does no longer deserve Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. They bended over backwards for her. They are two, truly dedicated artists. Alizée was hardly any more than a marketing wonder of their making. She held up her end to amazing results of course but that was all gone when she left and that was that.

These days I wonder if she stalling for time or just clueless herself. Again, DEDICATION. Or Quit, officially.

And might I add that on the occassions where she literally stated that she was no longer interested in returning to music, it never sounded truly convincing. For some reason, no one ever seems to fully believe her.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 03-25-2022 at 05:29 PM..
Old 03-25-2022, 08:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post

And might I add that on the occasions where she literally stated that she was no longer interested in returning to music, it never sounded truly convincing. For some reason, no one ever seems to fully believe her.
I strongly believe that too. I think she loved the days where her fans were screaming her name and reaching out for her. What she got tired of was the failures. The fun had gone out of it, so after experiencing that , it's easy to understand why she would then say dancing is her passion. I'm not buying it. Give her a good album and a successful tour and she'll be singing a different tune.
Old 03-26-2022, 05:14 AM

It's more than just the guarantee of a good album. What makes a good album? What makes a good Alizée album? "UEDS" and "5" were well received and at least the latter deserved more success than it had. That's the general consensus. Taking time, being inspired and writing good songs or having someone to do it for you still wouldn't make it an instant success. There's also the factor of not having released a new album in close to eight years and at 37 years of age she's at a cross roads of appealing to both a younger and older audience. It feels like it should be now or never for the past two years and there's been no sign of Alizée even trying to put in the effort to capitalize on it to meaningful extend. The album would need to be a resounding success in her eyes before even getting that project off the ground in the first place. How do you do that except for involving Mylène Farmer and preferrably Laurent Boutonnat, simply for old times sake? It's what she must know is what most of her fans would like to see happening. There's also a great deal of Mylène fans who would be open to the idea (more than another Julia album anyway). But it's a matter of everyone wanting to make it happen. Alizée has, these past few years, actually seemed to embrace that 'heritage', instead of trying to escape it - as she tried to thoughout most of her time between 2007 to 2014. I truly hope that they come together to create and recapture that old magic one more (last?) time at some point before that window closes entirely on her and us.
Old 03-30-2022, 03:51 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

I don't think she's going to do anything.

I think her real potential would have been as an actress.

I don't understand why people want another album.

But if people really want another album, maybe we could do something like this:

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 03-30-2022 at 07:16 AM..
Old 03-30-2022, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I think her real potential would have been as an actress.

I don't understand why people want another album.
Alizee had a guest spot on some sitcom, been on game shows, dance and cooking competitions, commercials, etc. She is a natural in front of the camera. Maybe we will see more of these situations in the future, but I doubt if she would consider a full time acting career and be in movies and/or a TV series. She would have to be away from home too much for her liking.

I guess I am confused as to why you are wondering why Alizee fans would like another album from her. There are many more fans of her singing days than dancing days so it seems quite obvious.
Old 03-30-2022, 03:01 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Alizee had a guest spot on some sitcom, been on game shows, dance and cooking competitions, commercials, etc. She is a natural in front of the camera. Maybe we will see more of these situations in the future, but I doubt if she would consider a full time acting career and be in movies and/or a TV series. She would have to be away from home too much for her liking.
Acting would mean a full-time job on the mainland. So yes, its a no-go.

Quote:
I guess I am confused as to why you are wondering why Alizee fans would like another album from her.
Back in May 2019, I set up a "star in a movie" vs "another album" poll.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8505

Currently, the vote stands at 8 for movie, 9 for album. So it is close to 50-50.

And that vote is among us extreme fans on the forum. I think in terms of the general public there would be a much more enthusiastic response to a movie than to an album.

Personally, I'm not much impressed by her post-Mylene albums.

I think movies / TV could better take advantage of her physical attractiveness and her charisma.

Maybe she could star in a "short" movie, that would only take 1 week of full-time work? It would be interesting.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 03-30-2022 at 04:41 PM..
Old 03-31-2022, 08:42 AM

Elise is on a distinguished road

Alizée’s cat dying was covered by celebrity gossip websites. If she really had fans, she would do more for them. The demand would lead to supply. Mylène is from the 80s and the era of lyrically Mylène-like songs has passed - Julia was a flop. The difference I see with Michael Jackson and Elvis is that they had careers that marked the music scene, rather than one or two hits. Is a movie Coucou’s idea or have there been indications of this?
Old 04-01-2022, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Maybe she could star in a "short" movie, that would only take 1 week of full-time work? It would be interesting.
I personally would love to see that. I think she would be very good.