Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-06-2009, 06:52 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road
Default Bonne Fête Des Mères Alizée ~ ♥

France's Fête des Mères: Mother's Day in France is on June 7 this year (2009). A French tradition that was inaugurated by Napoleon and made official in 1950, although this day honoring mothers dates back to Ancient Greece and is found in several other countries.

In France, the tradition calls for a variety of honors for mother. She might receive a gift from her children, or the children might let mom relax, and, as all things in France, it usually culminates in a large dinner in mom's honor. These dinners are usually a major family affair.

The main thrust is that this is a day when, much like in America, mothers do not work and their families cater to their whims. Mothers here also usually get cards and flowers. Sometimes children write short poems for mom.

In case anyone was interested to know next few years date for France's Fête des Mères:

• 2010 : 30 mai (May)
• 2011 : 29 mai (May)
• 2012 : 03 juin (June)
• 2013 : 26 mai (May)
• 2014 : 25 mai (May)
• 2015 : 31 mai (May)

Bonne fête des mères Alizée !! Je te souhaite beaucoup de très bons moments dans cette journée ~ Bisous ♥

I know things are not always easy for you Alizée, but we your fans have faith in you that you will conquer all obstacles. To us you are like a beautiful rose that even though has struggled has made it through the thorns and into the light... Let the light within you shine brightly Alizée !!

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 06-06-2009 at 07:49 PM..
Old 06-06-2009, 07:23 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

I forgot France celebrate Mother's Day weeks after the US. Hmmm, I wonder if they plan on going to JC's parents house, to Corsica, or just stay in for this fête des mères.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 06-07-2009, 12:25 AM

Alizee Mid-West is on a distinguished road

Either way I hope she has a great day.

Just as a bit of an aside, Korea celebrated Children's Day on May 5th. I work with a group of Korean folks and one of the guys called in saying it was a holiday. It struck me funny because I didn't think Korea celebrated Cinco de Mayo.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

this got me thinking..... what's the deal with Alizée's mother? I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her or anything. I've seen pictures and interviews with Jo Jacotey, but her mother? Can anybody shed some light on the subject?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Circa 1995. They look like a happy family.

Bonne fête des mères to Alizée and her mum!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:55 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

bonne fête à toutes les mamans
Old 06-07-2009, 10:00 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

A Special Happy Mother's Day To Alizée & All Mothers ~ ♥

Mothers have strengths that amaze men. They bear hardships and carry burdens, but they hold happiness, love and joy. They smile when they want to scream. They sing when they want to cry. They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous. They fight for what they believe in. They stand up to injustice. They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution. They go without so their family can have. They go to the doctor with a frightened friend. They love unconditionally. They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends get awards. They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding. Their hearts break when a friend dies. They grieve at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left. They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart. Mothers come in all shapes, sizes and colors. They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you. The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning. They bring joy, hope and love. They have the compassion and ideas. They give moral support to their family and friends. They have vital things to say and everything to give...

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 06-07-2009, 03:23 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

we think of ben as a mother
Old 06-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Happy Mother's Day Ben!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v6oNE2lT8R4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v6oNE2lT8R4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 06-07-2009, 04:05 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Great post Jess, and bonne fête à Alizée et toutes les mères

Merci Fanny