Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-23-2006, 08:02 AM

alizeebrother is on a distinguished road
Default In 2014year, what is alizee going to do?

IF alizee's age in 30, what will she do? still she will sing ?
Old 07-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Let's hope she still sings at 30! But she might choose to concentrate on Anny-Lee. whatever choice hse makes we woold have to accept it!
Old 07-23-2006, 05:44 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

I think by age 30.. lemme see.. i think Alizee will have had three children by then, have made 5 albums total including a christmas album, and....

she will be prime minister of France, Chirac make room for Alizee!
Old 07-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
have made 5 albums total including a christmas album, and...
At the rate of one album every three years, that's actually probably true... though she'd have some explaining to do to her husband about an x-mas album (he's Jewish).
Old 07-23-2006, 09:29 PM

Pirate515 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42
...though she'd have some explaining to do to her husband about an x-mas album (he's Jewish).
Technically, Jeremy is half-Jewish, but going by Jewish traditions/religion, he can be considered fully Jewish (since his mom was a Jew).

Alizee may also be partly Jewish as well. Thanks to the HQ version of her JPVA performance @ Tour De France, I've noticed that she was wearing this tiny band around her arm, which many Jews wear to keep evil spirits away. Also, Alizee (like most of Corsicans) is extremely superstitious, so that could be another explanation of this arm band. Also, I'm not sure if this video was shot before or after Alizee met Jeremy, if it is the later, then the arm band could also be his influence.

But in any case, if Alizee and Jeremy come from different backgrounds/religions, I'm sure that they are very tolerant of each other when it comes to cultural/religious things. Who knows, maybe they celebrate Christmukkah?
Old 07-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate515
Also, I'm not sure if this video was shot before or after Alizee met Jeremy, if it is the later, then the arm band could also be his influence.
After, but she's been wearing them all her life as far as we can tell (you can see them in videos as early as 2001). I don't think it has anything to do with religion, just superstition like you said. Alizée has said she's a "non-practicing Catholic". Though she was wearing a Hamesh hand (another Jewish/Islamic symbol) in the most recent pic of her with Anny-Lee.

I've read that Jérémy's mother (RIP) was Jewish, but then I've also been told via word of mouth that his father is as well. Have you heard otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate515
But in any case, if Alizee and Jeremy come from different backgrounds/religions, I'm sure that they are very tolerant of each other when it comes to cultural/religious things.
Yes, I'm sure. All the more reason there won't be an x-mas album or anything religiously connected from them, though.

Last edited by Ben; 07-24-2006 at 12:19 AM..
Old 01-23-2010, 05:20 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Oi vey! Few things are more Jewish than US Christmas songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
At the rate of one album every three years, that's actually probably true... though she'd have some explaining to do to her husband about an x-mas album (he's Jewish).
I thought it would broaden people's horizons to read an article on the Interfaith Family's Web site called The Jews Who Wrote Christmas Songs. It writes in part:
Every year, in early December, the American Society of Composers and Publishers (ASCAP) compiles a list of the 25 most popular holiday songs as determined by radio air play... As you will see, 12 out of the 25 most popular songs were written or co-written by "verified" Jewish composers. I've followed this with a brief essay offering my theory on why so many holiday songs are written by Jewish composers.
It is also interesting to read what the Roman Catholic Church writes about Christmas in the official Catholic Encyclopedia.
Christmas was not among the earliest festivals of the Church. Irenaeus and Tertullian omit it from their lists of feasts; Origen, glancing perhaps at the discreditable imperial Natalitia, asserts (in Lev. Hom. viii in Migne, P.G., XII, 495) that in the Scriptures sinners alone, not saints, celebrate their birthday; Arnobius (VII, 32 in P.L., V, 1264) can still ridicule the "birthdays" of the gods...

The well-known solar feast, however, of Natalis Invicti, celebrated on 25 December, has a strong claim on the responsibility for our December date. For the history of the solar cult, its position in the Roman Empire...
The New England settlers we call the "Puritans" objected to Christmas for the theological reasons cited above. They viewed its celebration as a mark of dreaded "Papism" and they treated it as an ordinary day. Of course, that hardly stops Old Sturbridge Village from its new practice of staging an anachronistic Christmas celebration.

I don't find it surprising that many traditional cultures would want to mark the annual diminution or minimum of daily sunlight. And why not celebrate with some merriment to counter the depressive effects of reduced light? Indian Diwali always falls closer to the autumnal equinox than the winter solstice, but guess how it goes?
Diwali ... is a significant 5-day festival in Hinduism, Sikhism, and Jainism... The word literally translates as a row of lamps in Sanskrit. It is traditional for adherents of Diwali-celebrating faiths to light small clay lamps filled with oil to signify the triumph of good over evil within an individual...

Celebrations: Decorating homes with lights, Fireworks, distributing sweets and gifts...
Gosh, give or take a few days and maybe a dreidel, and you're coming darn close to Chanukah!

I'll close with musician Michael Feinstein's recent Op-Ed in The New York Times.

<hr><center><big><big>Postscript</big></big></center>
It would be appropriate to mention here that the most famous modern entertainer from Corsica was Ajaccio-born <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tino_Rossi">Tino Rossi</a>, (1907–1983), who as a singer, made hundreds of records. After World War II, he was prosecuted for collaborating with the Nazis, but escaped serious punishment. By 1982, of all things, would be named a Commander of the Legion of Honor by President François Mitterrand, for his contribution to French culture. In 1946 Rossi sang a new Christmas song called <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petit_Papa_No%C3%ABl"><i>Petit Papa Noël</i></a>, today the best-selling single of all time in France, with roughly 6 million units sold - also about the number of Jews murdered by his pals in <i>Das Dritte Reich</i>. One can listen to this song in the video immediately below.

<center><object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rR5NyGhKQkc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rR5NyGhKQkc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object></center>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 05-07-2010 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: add Rossi postscript
Old 01-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

I think she will get into producing and limit her performances, if any...

When you consider how rapidly she grew into this business and her life (both producing albums and children before the age of 25), and a big factor that she is not a public person and naturally shy, i can see her taking a back seat and perhaps producing other artist as Mylene did with her.

She is a child of the Internet age, she knows where music is going and she's not interesting in placing being a zillionaire as her priority. So I think there is a logic there to my guess. Plus her involvement in Les Enfiores (sp?) shows her desires as a performer, i.e. in an ensemble and also for a purpose. Not just herself to make bucks.

personally I'd luv to see her in a film... Like a film that has the charm of Amelie and the song and fun spectacle of Moulin Rouge. I think a plain ole Romantic Comedy is a waste. I think what Alizée excels in is in allowing her natural charm and charisma to ground an audience in a fantasy environment. I think in many of her performances (Moi lolita, parler tout bas, Contre-Courant,J'Ai Pas Vingt Ans, J'En Ai Marre, Mademouselle Juliette) have her distinct personality in them: independent, sentimental, mischief, stubborn, curious, etc. I'd like to see that composite of a character. Someone flawed but who likes to do right. Play in the tinker-belle thing with perhaps a butterfly or something that kind of "accompanies" her on her journey.. nice allegories to her real life beliefs and superstitions. I think something with that sincerity and ernest suits er well.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:48 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

she'll be the sole dictator of the planet, and several of Jupiter's moons...
Old 01-23-2010, 11:53 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

about the being jewish and xmas album thing...niel diamond and barbara streisand made xmas albums and both are devote jews. why did they do it? one reason cha-ching$$$.