Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Perfecting tmesis

Par mon paupieres is on a distinguished road
Default An Alizée pilgramage (of sorts)

Okay then here's the thing.I'm travelling to Corsica on Sunday to spend a week in Ajaccio on what I guess could be described as a working holiday.I've had an idea for a story for a little while now and I've finally been given the go-ahead to see if it's workable.The piece involves soccer teams who play in national leagues but are based on islands (working title "Islands in the team" - i know it's terrible !).The interest lies in how it feels to be a player or a supporter of a team where every away game involves a plane or a boat trip and whether this isolation enhances or diminishes the experience.

Although there are many places that fit this criteria , Alizée's hometown seemed the ideal place to begin.If it proves worthwhile it may grow beyond a feature article but we'll see.

The reason I'm telling you all this is I was wondering if , those who are better versed in Lili lore than I , can tell me of any places of significance in the Alizée story that are worth visiting (N.B. - I don't mean things like her parents home but any interesting t.v appearances and so on).

Also if there is anyone who has visited Corsica in general and Ajaccio in particular and can recommend any places of interest to see while I'm there that would be great too.

Sorry for the short notice as well.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:24 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Having never left this country, I cannot help you out, but I would find it interesting to see the home that Alizée grew up and lived in with her parents, along with a description of the part of town in Ajaccio where it is located.

I have not seen Alizée's home on this site before, and wonder if anyone has any pictures of this shrine.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

My only advice would be, while along the waterfront, keep an eye out for big pappa Joe. That cat seems to log some serious time down there taking pics.

-B

Alizee is my Constant
Old 04-03-2009, 07:03 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par mon paupieres View Post
Although there are many places that fit this criteria, Alizée's hometown seemed the ideal place to begin.If it proves worthwhile it may grow beyond a feature article but we'll see.
Brilliant plan, PMP . I know Snatcher has been to Corsica, so you can look up that thread here on AAm. Also, you should post this thread over on AF: there are long-tenured fans there who know absolutely everything about Alizée and should be able to help you out. BTW, don't forget to post the story when you've finished, it sounds interesting !
Old 04-03-2009, 07:14 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

sounds good PMP, sounds good . Do you work with soccer or something like that? Interesting .

I don't know many places of significance in the Alizée story in Ajaccio, but you might want to visit her old school :

Old 04-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Oops am I too late, has PMP already left? Yeah Ajaccio is awesome, the six days I spent there was the best trip I've had. Though I didn't really go around looking for Alizée sites, so can't help ya there. What I can recommend are the boat tours operated out of the old harbor as the best way to quickly see more of the island, and restaurant U BORGU on Rue des Anciens Fossés right off Place Foch as a great place to try some traditional Corsican food. We actually have a member (ajaccio corsica) who lives there, maybe he could tell you more or even meet up? Have fun!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:36 AM
M'alizee

hm my plan is to go next year to corsica. Austria-->Corsica--->Marseille--->Paris--->Austria.

hope i can go. lets see how much that cost

HAVE FUN THERE
Old 04-06-2009, 08:21 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

you might also want to check this thread over AF :

http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthread.php?t=23582
Old 04-07-2009, 12:51 PM
M'alizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
you might also want to check this thread over AF :

http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthread.php?t=23582
oh i dont know that there is a thread with pics there . thx
Old 06-13-2009, 10:36 PM

Alizee Mid-West is on a distinguished road

I decided I was going to take my own Alizee pilgrimage

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3YkBB4d3oaA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3YkBB4d3oaA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>