Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Very interesting and revealing comparisons!

Old 01-07-2009, 09:55 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Well, huh. Never seen that before, either. It's interesting, to say the least...and maybe even a little creepy...
Indeed Ruro, it is both interesting and creepy. Now I got confused. Being aware that the poisson rouge already existed, even the high heels that she said represented something (her feminity? sorry I dont remember the exact quote). And the Moi Lolita outfit, what influence has over the song and video that Mylene already worn it? Maybe it has a hole story behind it. And the JPVA outfit too!

I dunno why, but this changes a lot of things for me. Definitely I need some MUCH more reading on AF and here. I guess I am the only one who was so shocked with this.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

wow, I never seen this before either, I thought all the outfits were created for Alizée, but they were just recreated Mylene outfits. That is pretty interesting, I had no idea that Mylene's influence was shown so blatant with Alizée. Learn something new everyday I guess.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Well this was common knowledge I guess, but I never thought we had such striking photo evidence of it. Everytime I see that c'est une belle journee video I become really sad, dunno why, feels as she is missing something.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:35 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

It is common knowledge the control that Mylene had on Alizee, but I am shocked that she had Alizee wear the exact and very similar atire. It is a little creepy. I can see now why Alizee had to get away from that situation. Just a guess on my part but I think it was for self preservation for Alizee to strike out on her own. I truly believe more than ever it was the right decision come what may professionally for Alizee. I can see why she has presented herself as far away from that image as she can get. These pictures are very revealing to me.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:04 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Just a note that some of these pics (namely those of the miam belt and fish pin) are post-Alizée. So it's not always that Mylene dressed Alizée in hand-me-downs, but also that Mylene took some of Lili's outfits for herself afterwards. I mean, I'm sure she paid for most of them. There was some interview where Alizée mentioned returning her cloths to the production company.

Last edited by Ben; 01-08-2009 at 02:26 AM..
Old 01-08-2009, 02:21 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Just a note that some of these pics (namely those of the miam belt and fish pin) are post-Alizée. So it's not always that Mylene dressed Alizée in hand-me-downs, but also that Mylene took some of Lili's outfits for herself afterwards. I mean, I'm sure she paid for most of them. There was some interview where Alizée mentioned returning her cloths to the production company...
Hmm...possibly even creepier?

Ah, poor Mylene, she can't win. It's funny how quick we all are to villify her since the break, even though there's never been any real indication that she done Lili wrong...at least none from Lili herself. I wonder how different our attitude would be had the break between them not occurred?
Old 01-08-2009, 02:27 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I'm sure Mylene exerted a lot of control over Alizée, and that by the end of things Lili did want to strike out on her own. But I disagree with the extent to which we sometimes characterise Alizée as an unwitting puppet in the affair. I wouldn't be surprised if Alizée was just thrilled when Mylene, a big time celebrity, first opened up her personal wardrobe to this girl from Ajaccio.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:05 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

This is news to me also.

I can see where Mylene might design one or two of Alizée's outfits based on stuff Mylene liked - for example the white vs. black sailor outfit. However, Mylene wearing some of the same stuff post-Alizée is just creepy.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:49 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

It's called "packaging". And when it comes Mylène, it shows an exceptional understanding of the business. Oh what a beautiful package indeed! And I say that for both Mylène and Alizée.

Mylène and Laurent have established a formula for success that works time and time again. It transcends generations. By the time the songs were ready for prime time, Mylène was too old. So she began a search for a young Lolita and discovered Alizée. When it came to packaging Alizée, Mylène simply used the same formula (in dress as well as choreography) that had brought success in the past. And oh what success!

Was it "too Mylène". If you were a Mylène fan, you would probably say so. But there is always a new generation. And that "new" generation would not be a fan of Mylène? And consider Alizée also benefited from YouTube, she would touch the world. The formula works.

I have since become a fan of Mylène & Laurent. Well, I say "since", but in reality I was a fan all along since they were the art behind Alizée. And I've discovered I like their art as manifest in Mylène's performances and in Laurent's compositions. In fact, I might dare say that it may be the sophistication that Mylène and Laurent brought to Alizée that hooked this 40 year old on the song and dance of a teen. Sure, the good looks are a hook....but without the sophistication of the song and compositions, looks alone won't keep me hanging on for this long.

Today's Alizée is packaged differently. Not as well as before. This is not an indictment, as few will do better than Mylène or Laurent. There are packages that will work for Alizée. Hopefully, those packages will appeal to me. It's what has kept me hanging on. I can see the potential. I know there is something there. I'm hoping she finds it.