Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: What date do you prefer for the Virtual Concert?
Saturday, August 18th 22 55.00%
Tuesday, August 21st 18 45.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I'll also be posting later. It was pretty awsome, and everyone had a great time and I think Alizée would have been flattered/proud/honored for everthing that was done.

I'm gonna go ahead and unsticky this thread since its main purpsed was to inform people who wanted to attend the party. Now that's it's over it can float on its own merits as people post their pictures/videos/stories...
Old 08-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Whoooooooo!

That was a very fun party. I think there at least six digital cameras floating around, including several which were frequently in video mode. I have to go to work now, but I'll post my stuff tonight. Sorry not to get it up last night, but we partied for over 8 hours, and it was all I could do to brush my teeth before bed :-P
Yeah, I know what ya mean by barely beein able to brush yur teeth. I hadda sleep in my car cause I killed that bottle YEYE!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:56 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Whoooooooo!

That was a very fun party. I think there at least six digital cameras floating around, including several which were frequently in video mode. I have to go to work now, but I'll post my stuff tonight. Sorry not to get it up last night, but we partied for over 8 hours, and it was all I could do to brush my teeth before bed :-P

Pics and commentary tonight (though obviously other members may beat me to it).
We busted 2am baby! Yeeeah! At least, that's when I left. I don't know about Cooney, who said he was leaving, and our fearless master of ceremonies (can I say his name? and which name?). That's right, I just got home and being the freak I am spent about 5 minutes making some food, then had to come here. I need a therapist. Ok, so I had to visit my sister straight from the airport, but I did just get home.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-23-2007, 12:22 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Well, I'm glad you guys had a good time. Maybe one day I'll arrange a Canadian Alizée virtual concert!
Old 08-23-2007, 12:40 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Whoo hoo, it rocked da house, baby!

A big shout out to guldebrett, CFHollister, Cooney, Bertrand the chef, and everyone else who organized and attended. It was a lavish affair: they spent a good two days prepping the restaurant with balloons, ribbons, decorations, and etc. The food was exquisite; a panoply of hors d'oeuvres, pastries, (saffron?) rice, herb roasted chicken, and sausages, and a lot of fine wine. The water was all served in Alizé bottles too.

Several fun contests and drawings for French souvenirs, including a trivia contest (I think the full names of Gilligan and the Skipper were a big stumper!), a guess-the-number-of-corks contest, a find-all-the-words-in-the-grid-in-5-minutes contest in French (c-dawg smoked us all and got neoteny's drawing, despite not speaking a word of French), a poster giveaway, and a put-all-the-songs-with-the-correct-album contest (which Cooney and I aced , so we got picture frames).

Nurvonic got the "I hauled my rear end the furthest to be here" award (a little Eiffel Tower) having traveled from Florida to Washingon. Eeryone got goodie bags with wine gums from Europe, some Alizée buttons, a keychain, a noisemaker, a fan DVD, and some goldfish tattoos. Roman made up some bumper stickers too.

Cooney hauled out his collection, which has got to be the largest in North America (if it isn't, someone out there is pretty shy about theirs). I got to see the Gourmandises pillow, the ML tryptich, the MCE LP-sized CD case, and other astoundingly rare items.

Cooney busted out the Youpidance (very well I might add), and, thankfully, no individual (in particular, no individual of the male gender!) made any attempt to do the JEAM or JPVA dance.

We were treated to a variety of Euro-pop videos including Lorie, Jenifer, Scooter, BlueLagoon, some British and German acts...then the full En Concert video. Then several more Alizée videos mixed in with Les Enfoires, Lorie, and others.

The piece de resistance was chef Bertrand's Alizée birthday cake, complete with Alizée in her JEAM costume as the frosting on the top. (I'm sure pics will appear shortly.) I think there was some reluctance to dismember her portrait, as the cutting went around the sides at first, but the inevitable eventually occurred (guldebrett had the honor of her head after the guillotining).

We stayed up way late and then I had to drive 200 miles back home the next morning .

Thanks again!

Last edited by fsquared; 08-23-2007 at 01:23 AM..
Old 08-23-2007, 01:18 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Cooney busted out the Youpidance
yes indeed. its a bit dark like how i was afraid it was gonna be, but you can still make him out. you can hear me laugh *cough* at him.

thanks everyone!! had a great time. nice meeting all of you!

ill post some more vids tomorrow.

Last edited by nurvonic; 08-23-2007 at 01:42 AM..
Old 08-23-2007, 01:30 AM

mibir is on a distinguished road

ahahahaha WOW. That is great nurvonic.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:19 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Hahahahaha.

Yeah... so I look like a fool, but I don't mind :-P It was fun!

Anyway, here we go with a set of 20 pictures!

The sign on the door of the bistro announced what was coming.

Inside, streamers and balloons gave a festive atmosphere.

A giant birthday banner hung on the mirror over the bar...

...with a Happy Birthday sign beneath.

Alizée posters replaced the normal posters in the room.

More Alizée poster goodness

Even more poster goodness, and some of the prizes that were to be won in the contests adorning the bar at right.

Mr. Bertrand, the proprieter and chef, keeps this Alizée picture on permanent display.

The stage wall, Alizée-friendly on a normal day, was practically taken over with her images.

Each table was sprinkled with "Happy Birthday" and Eiffel Tower confetti, gold-fish tattoos, and noise makers.

Drinks were served with a special pink napkin with an inlaid black-foil Alizée theme. The flash washes the color out, these are very pink!

I set out most of the smaller items from my collection on this felt covered table near the door.

After the non-hardcore-fans had drifted away, I laid out large flat items on the tables. In this case, original press photos, and original slides for creating press photos.

Records and Fiche Platine magazine inserts.

More records, and a press book.

Plan Medias, posters, a concert program, and another record.

Roman brought along some wicked cool bumper stickers, which he was kind enough to share with us.

The crown of the evening was the incredible birthday cake Bertrand made, with ornate chocolate sculpting work along the sides, and an edible Alizée image on it.

We made sure to all sign an Alizée poster for Bertrand in thanks for his great support of our club.

Lastly, a shot of the die-hards. Front row: C-Dawg777, rwd716, fsquared, Roman. Second row: Nurvonic, Cooney, Guldebrett, CFHollister. On bar: Bertrand, our chef.

It was one heck of a party! I hope everybody else had as wonderful a time as I did. That was a lot of travel for some folks, and it was a pleasure meeting you all. Here's to more in the future!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:31 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Another shout out to Bertrand on having such a great place. (and having hot waitresses, lol)
Old 08-23-2007, 02:46 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

"Awesome" It sounds like you guys had a great time, thanks for sharing.
What I would give for that first poster and one other pic I see there.

Oh, and Cooney you're the man, for having the courage to get up there and do your Youpidance.

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com