Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
I just watched the making of MJ segment of this again. Wow, she really has taking control over things. That bit where she tells the director that it's "too Mylene Farmer"...! Lol
Yeah, I really got a kick out of that too...
Old 11-25-2007, 11:20 PM

suzybananasplit is on a distinguished road

Anyone working on a translation yet?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzybananasplit View Post
Anyone working on a translation yet?
Yup. In progress.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:03 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Alrighty folks, translation time. My French is, of course, imperfect, but I'm pretty sure I got at least the intention behind anything. The places I ran in to difficulty were when the grandmother, friend Hélène, or fans were talking, as they were a little less clear. In a couple places there are names that may not be accurate, I just went with approximations, if I wasn't familiar with that.

Enjoy! I'll work on subtitles once I have dinner. It's past 22h and for some reason I haven't eaten yet :-P

--------------------------------------

Female Broadcaster: We are going to continue tonight’s broadcast with a young woman, known as a provocative ingénue, a Lo-li-ta

Male Broadcaster: Alizée, who blew a breath a fresh air on Varieté Française in 2000, thanks to her video, resembling a short film, by Mylène Farmer and her accomplice Laurent Boutonnat. At just 15 years old, the teenager from Ajaccio became an immense star, adored not just in France, but in Asia, and in Latin America.

FB: A star in bobby-socks, who took some time to grow up well, get married, have a baby, and finally, release a disc, with the maturity of 23 years old, and inclinations towards techno-rock, in short, in opposition to what came before. Guillaume took Daniel Dody and David Perschinksy to meet the new Alizée

Narrator: To be precise, it was 41 degrees outside. One could hope for better for making one’s return.

1. “Places, Alizée, places. Tony, you copy?”

Alizée: “Julien, you’ll give the starting signal. When I hear that I’ll…”

N: In spite of the weather, Alizée has a smile. Tonight, the young singer returns to the camera to record her first video in three years.

2: “Motor… Speed…”

N: The face is the same, but the little girl has grown up.

N: Finished with the devilish Lolita that ignited the year 2000, with her poses and ambiguous lyrics.

N: A product built from many pieces, by the singer Mylène Farmer, and the composer Laurent Boutonnat. In just a few months, a huge success

Presenter: “And the winner is… Alizée!”

N: Two million singles sold, a record for its time unequalled in France.

A: I have to thank my parents, above all, I thank you and dedicate this to you

N: At 15 years old, Alizée was an idol for 2 million fans.

N: Seven years later, the young woman has decided to emancipate herself. She left the Pygmalion Farmet and Boutonnat. With her friends, she produced her new disc.

N: A tiny manager of 23 years, she pays attention to every little detail. Like her dancers, for her taste, too revealingly dressed.

A: “The skirts… I like it like that, but not like that. That’s a bit too… a bit too…

N: To her tastes, it’s a bit too much like before

A: “It’s too Mylène Farmer, too revealing”

Julien: “I’ll see if I can find something a bit less revealing”

A: “Ok”

N: For her disc, Alizée chose lyricists and composers to create a more personal universe. She hopes to sell 100,000 copies.

N: During her absence, it was here to Ajaccio that the singer withdrew. In this city, where she was born.

Grandmother: “Yes, I live here”

N: In the streets, she meets her family. Her Grandmother, but also her Aunt.

A: “Hello Topaze”

N: And always, her friends.

A: “Hélène”

(various greetings)

A: “Hélène, my friend”

Hélène: “Hello, enchanted”

N: Hélène, her friend from her first dance lesson, has a playful heart

A: “There’s the school where I spent all my school years, and the high school, where I spent my last year before doing Graines de Stars.”

H: “The dance school, since we were tiny, was always very open. It was great to see one of our friends succeed like that, at 15 years old, it was awesome”

N: Because at the time, the Lolita phenomenon spread out from France, seducing Europe, South America, and Asia, for the foreign countries, Alizée recorded International Versions

N: In China, a show was dedicated to her. In Japan, she had a unique opportunity to record a television commercial for a brand of cookies, taking over for Catherine Deneuve.

N: But, after 4 years of such exhibitions, Alizée was ‘fed up,’ and felt the need to take a step back.

N: A big vacation, during which she was married, to Jérémy Chatelain, formerly of Star Academy. Together, they have a little girl, Annily. A big vacation, during which Marie-Joelle, her Grandmother, finally got a see Alizée again.

Voice: “The first moment where you saw her, what did you say?”

Grandmother: “I simply said that at this point, I’d stop. She had reason to, yes?”

V: “To take a little time?”

G: “Yes. She was so famous so young, happily, but that’s a lot to handle”

V: “So you suggested she stop and take some time off”

G: “Yes, exactly”

A: “To make the most of it”

G: “Yes, to make the most of it, and above all, for herself”

N: But today, it’s her return. A couple days before the release of her disc, she’s in a work session with her press attaché on the airplane that takes her back to Paris. Alizée has to pick photos, something that in her Farmer years, she didn’t do.

A: “The Japanese are fond of, well, like this is very original, the colors, originality, they love this. This one’s good”

N: Alizée’s desire is to show an image of her that’s more natural. But on the internet? Her change of style has been highly talked about this last month. Happening tonight in Paris, the record label is holding a fan session to test the reaction to the album.

Fan with hat: “It’s to find out what the fans think”

Voice: “They might not like it?”

F: “Well, maybe, but I’m optimistic”

Jessica: “Confident!”

F: “Confident, yes”

N: Above all, she wants to create a buzz around her new disc. They come from all around France, between the ages of 20 and 25. For the first song that’s played here, they know the lyrics by heart. For a few weeks, it’s been available for legal download on the internet. But for the rest? It’s a discovery.

J: “After that, I don’t know it, actually”

N: On the floor below, Alizée has arrived. For the first time, she sees her CD, just now published.

Voice: “And the other editions, here”

A: “Ah! Can I open it?”

V: “Of course. There are others”

N: “A little girl in front of her Christmas presents”

A: “Oh, I’m happy. I’m very very very happy”

N: A disc for which Alizée became producer, and is a little nervous to present to her fans. This time, the shy young girl drops the mask, and nurtures her audience too.

(Murmurings a propos something by Daniel Darc)

A: “…and at the same time, I love his album Crèvecoeur”

Fan with hat: “It’s different, because now, we’ve changed since we were Alizée fans, we’ve grown up, but Alizée isn’t the same either, she’s changed too. The new Alizée… she’s won me over.”

N: Her return to stores is hotly anticipated not just in France, in Mexico, too, Alizée’s on magazines.

A: “It’s fans that did this?

(Reads a couple of names from the magazine)

Voice: “This is something you’ve never seen?”

A: “Never, it’s cool”

A: “Let’s see, it sold for… twenty-five dollars!? No…”

Fans: “Mexican!”

A: “Oh yes, ok. I was gonna say!”

N: In one week, her disc will release at the same time in France and in Mexico. The thing her record label has already planned for the little Corsican? A concert at a soccer stadium(cuts off mid-word)

Last edited by Cooney; 11-26-2007 at 01:15 AM..
Old 11-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Thanks Cooney! "3" is the director, Julien Rotterman.

Last edited by Ben; 11-26-2007 at 01:18 AM..
Old 11-26-2007, 01:15 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Quote:
Thanks Cooney! "3" is the director, Julien Rotterman.
Cool, thanks. I'll edit the name in!

(D'oh, sorry, didn't mean to edit your post there :-P I gotta get used to "quote" no longer being the left-most button!)
Old 11-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Century Child

Jeeze, I didn't realize how the video cut off there... hopefully all it was was the end of the word "stadium"! That might be referring to the Strasbourg thing too... I really don't think she could fill one herself.

Last edited by Cooney; 11-26-2007 at 01:29 AM..
Old 11-26-2007, 01:27 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thanks Cooney, awesome! BTW, how big is Strasbourg?

Alizee: Wowww!

Last edited by rcs; 11-26-2007 at 01:29 AM..
Old 11-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Quote:
Jeeze, I didn't realize how the video cut off there... hopefully all it was was the end of the word "stadium"! That might be referring to the Strasbourg thing too... I really don't think she could fill one herself.
Damnit, I did the "edit" instead of "quote" thing again! /slaps self.

The Strasbourg thing isn't in a soccer stadium though, it's the innaugural concert for a new Zénith theatre (same theatre company as owns the place where En Concert was filmed - that's Zénith Paris).

I was a bit confused by it though, to be sure. I'm not sure what it refers to! The narration goes "un concert aux stade de foot|" and ends. That does work, in French, as "football" (soccer) is frequently shortened to just "foot." It sounds like he was continuing though, so I'm guessing it just would say "stade de football."

Seems like an odd venue. I'm wondering if perhaps it's a performance in association with some game? The equivalent of the half-time show for American football? ::shrug::

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
Thanks Cooney, awesome! BTW, how big is Strasbourg?
The Zénith Strasbourg will be able to take up to 10,000 people, depending on configuration.

Last edited by Cooney; 11-26-2007 at 01:33 AM..
Old 11-26-2007, 01:33 AM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
The Strasbourg thing isn't in a soccer stadium though, it's the innaugural concert for a new Zénith theatre (same theatre company as owns the place where En Concert was filmed - that's Zénith Paris).
It may not literally mean soccer stadium, but a venue of that size. Les Enfoirés is being held at the Zénith de Strasbourg this year, so it has got to be huge.

Edit: Ok I see it's 10,000. That's a lot, but Les Enfoirés usually seems to be in bigger (30k+) places. Hmm...