Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-14-2009, 12:42 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default AAm T@keo video LIVE chat party! Saturday Jan. 31, 3 PM EST/Noon PST

See this for the previous commentary party which went well.
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4471

More details should probably be put here either by me later or any mod and this made sticky in place of the last thread?

This is for the 2008 Mexico concert video clips created by T@keo. We will probably use Ventrilo, though Skype is a possibility for this or future such parties.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 01-23-2009 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: date change
Old 01-14-2009, 01:13 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Anyone who doesn't have this concert should go to http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4242 and either download the long list of files from hosting websites or download Ruroshen's torrent for the whole concert.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

He means the T@keo recording. Also, weren't we gonna do these once a month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
I'd say keep these once a month for now, so as to not blow everything we've got too quickly.
Ah yeah, that's an excellent point. Once a month is a good idea.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:50 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
True dat.

Also also, Jan 31 is no good for me anyway, being my mom's birthday and all, and if there's one lady who should take precedence over Alizée...

Could we possibly bump this over to the following weekend, Sat Feb 7?
Old 01-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Century Child

Quote:
Could we possibly bump this over to the following weekend, Sat Feb 7?
That's New York Comic Con, but I won't ask you to wait up just for me. I might be able to fit both, depending on the time of day.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
That's New York Comic Con, but I won't ask you to wait up just for me. I might be able to fit both, depending on the time of day.
Nono, don't be silly--as one of the few who was actually at the concert in question, it'd be kind of ridiculous not to have you there.

I might be able to swing the 31st if we could bump up the time a little, actually, even by an hour (starting at 3pm/12pm). Or we could move it to Feb 14/15. Whatever works best.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:19 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a spiffy idea. Any of the dates will do except Feb 14/15, I have to do some things with Paenguin on that date so we can't really, drop by and smash things up.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:20 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Deleted my post. I still had en concert on the mind I guess in spite of being the one to create this thread.

Once a month may be too infrequent. Pretty quickly we're looking at a third of a year gone by and who knows what people will be doing by then. It only takes a few days of preparation for these things I think. We could always try to go and tighten up translations that aren't so great. (guess that's my job now) I sure hope there will be more to chew on than another half a year or more of just looking at old stuff. Well, we can add Les Enfoirés 2009 in a couple months. "They" seem to be pretty sure she'll be in it. Let's see how the next couple go.

Dang, looking at you're guys' posts, maybe we should just do it this weekend or the next. It only takes a few hours. All of a sudden, it's like how's 2012 sound to you? I hope we can just get enough people so that if someone misses it's not so bad (hope it's not me). I can certainly push it back and hour or 2 or whatever (as far as I know right now).

Wow. This is going to be a lot different without one big file. I wonder if there's a way to stick them all together (and find a file to replace that completely blurry intro).

Wow again. Just watching a piece of JEAM encore. That is kind of painful to watch this. It brings up so much emotion that I had while there and holding on to the very last moment of Alizée on stage and trying to soak up everything possible from this woman I had been so taken by for so long and finally got to see her concerts. I'll try not to cry during the recording. Kinda hard right now. Video chat may not be good for this one.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 01-14-2009 at 05:09 AM..
Old 01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Once a month may be too infrequent. Pretty quickly we're looking at a third of a year gone by and who knows what people will be doing by then.
Thing is we only have two or three more things to comment on, and I'd like this to be a regular podcast, not a whole bunch now and then nothing. Also while it only takes a few hours to do, the majority of people won't have listened to the prior recording yet. The first one hasn't even been released at the moment, hopefully more people will jump on the bandwagon once they hear it.

About T@keo not being one file, there's always Ruroshen's DVD torrent. Or you can add them to a windows media player queue. The trick I'll be using is putting them all in one folder and then dragging that onto windows media player classic, which then plays the files back to back with no interruption.

Quote:
I might be able to swing the 31st if we could bump up the time a little
Ditto for Feb 7th, though I'm not sure yet. I think we can make one of these two dates work.

Last edited by Ben; 01-14-2009 at 02:20 PM..
Old 01-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Thing is we only have two or three more things to comment on, and I'd like this to be a regular podcast, not a whole bunch now and then nothing.
Let's see...there's the Moscow concert, SAD 2001/2003, Les Enfoires for last year and this year (eventually), possibly the FunTV and La Méthode Cauet interviews (though I'm not sure how well those would work)...so with T@keo, that's another four, possibly six podcasts right there.

After that, we'll have to start getting creative...maybe do an 'Alizée vs. Alizée' type thing (like from aw's blog), where we watch a bunch of different performances of one song, then fight it out to choose the best one... I dunno, it's a thought.

Quote:
Also while it only takes a few hours to do, the majority of people won't have listened to the prior recording yet. The first one hasn't even been released at the moment, hopefully more people will jump on the bandwagon once they hear it.
I'm at just over the hour mark in the editing, with roughly about 40 minutes left to go. At the pace I'm going, I ought to have it done and sent off to Brad by the weekend. We'll see what happens.

One other thing: if we really are planning on making a habit of this, we should probably think of a name for it. It doesn't feel right to me to do it under the AAm Podcast banner, as that's Ciara's deal.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of calling it 'Tradewind', not only for the obvious pun on Alizée's name, but also because it's a pretty accurate description of what it is...a bunch of fans sitting around and trading hot air with each other. Yes, no, maybe so?

Quote:
Ditto for Feb 7th, though I'm not sure yet. I think we can make one of these two dates work.
Called my brother this morning and found out he hadn't made dinner reservations for the 31st yet. I've asked him to try and push it a little later if he could, so that might be doable. I'll keep you posted.