Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-22-2010, 03:04 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Building where A Contre Courant was filmed.

I saw a thread about the building that ACC was filmed in, in another forum. I found it's been discussed here under what is your favorite video, but I thought it kind of deserved it's own thread. If Ben disagrees, he can move it.. Apparently since the video was filmed, it's been rebuilt. ( We're too late to save this shrine!) It was sold for 1 euro. We could have taken up a collection, bought it and turned it into a crash pad for fans going to Alizée's concerts in Paris. I've posted some web sites below, one of the more interesting ones in underlined with asterisks, as well as a couple of maps of the area and a picture of the remodeled building. I also included some of the details posted by the different sites. To think I passed within about 5 miles of this place when I was on vacation, driving from Paris up to Waterloo is a little depressing.

Triage Lavoir building
http://www.abandoned-places.com/binche.htm

http://www.abandoned-places.com/binche1.htm

http://www.uer.ca/locations/show.asp?locid=23105

http://www.pastglory.nl/urban-explor..._peronnes.html
************************************************** ************************************************** **************

Interesting Features Outside architecture is wonderful.
Inside architecture is complex.

Since 2001, it is officially regarded as a monument
Historical Dates Built: 1954
Closed: 1959

Address

Péronnes-lez-Binches, Hainaut
Belgium
Owner: Belgium government
See a map of this location

Future Plans Will be soon renovated into a cultural center

This Escher like building is a exceptional architectonic concrete skeleton. In 1954 the huge construction went in production. In the few years that the factory was in production, it was used for sorting and washing coals. The factory was constructed and build with help of the USA Marshall plan, which stands for a program to recover Europe after World War II. Around 1969 the production has stopped and the concrete skeleton was left abandoned, empty and cold. All of the technical engines and machines where removed, everything else that has some value [USA dollars] was quickly stolen. By removing the machines, dangerous holes and unsecured openings were left behind in the concrete construction, leaving no trace of history to find. All most every window has smashed. And over the floor levels there is broken glass spread wide out. The glass is covered with a thick layer of coal dust.
Due to the impressive architecture with it's giant front full of windows the Traige Lavoir de Peronnes has the alias "Cathedral of concrete and glass".
At some moments it sounds like the wind is screaming at you and the chaotic stairs starts to look like a labyrinth. On the top floor the holes in the concrete and open structure makes you dazzle. It's giving me the creeps. After all most 40 years of abandonment and decay the concrete structure is cleaned up. The concrete structure is currently being rebuild for use as a archive for the Wallonie region and as a exposing space for art made in Wallonie. The city of Binche sold the concrete structure for a symbolic one Euro. The planned demolition have been redesignated to renovate this unique concrete coal washing factory..

Old 01-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

It was rebuilt!?

NOOOO!!!

I think this calls for a clan field-trip to BELGIUM for a good ol' fashioned "building *bringing original state of grandeur and class downward through means of vandalism"

Last edited by user472884; 01-22-2010 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: censoring
Old 01-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Awesome pictures there, thanks a billion for sharing Scruffydog. I saved some of them too It's good to know what it was originally for, the bowl thing looked cool in the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
It was rebuilt!?

NOOOO!!!

I think this calls for a clan field-trip to Paris for a good ol' fashioned "building fuck-up"
This is in Belgium remember? But either way, I like the idea of restoring it to it's previous state
Or we could also just keep it the way it is and make it a physical fan base like Scruffydog said. That I think sounds better. You get the location of the ÀCC video, plus a nice place to visit if ever on a trip to Europe lol
Old 01-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
This is in Belgium remember?
what?

oh hell... now you've gone and turned my whole life upside down....
Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

And I was going to take a vacation to that building to play hide and seek in it! And then I see Scruffy's link here and learn it got rebuilt I was going to get DNA samples from the rails she touched!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Alitectural studies in Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
And I was going to take a vacation to that building to play hide and seek in it! And then I see Scruffy's link here and learn it got rebuilt I was going to get DNA samples from the rails she touched!!!
It seems that Scruffy is not only our Official Ambassador but also our Official Architectural Historian! This is not his only thread on Alizée-linked buildings in Europe.

Just think AAm - it was US Marshall Plan money that helped build the scenery for <i>ACC</i>! Does that make it Alizée's first US music video?

And now we get that Lili really was a <i>Factory Girl</i> from WAY BACK in her career!

Finally, hide-and-seek players should not despair. One day, when Lili/Lily/Lilly Town MMORPG comes up, we will all meet again in that spooky ghost-building in Belgium. Tag, you're it!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
And now we get that Lili really was a <i>Factory Girl</i> from WAY BACK in her career!

Finally, hide-and-seek players should not despair. One day, when Lili/Lily/Lilly Town MMORPG comes up, we will all meet again in that spooky ghost-building in Belgium. Tag, you're it!
COD8:Battle for Belgium-Factory Girl Edition

I'd buy it
Old 04-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
COD8:Battle for Belgium-Factory Girl Edition

I'd buy it
now if only I had an XBox360

Old 04-14-2010, 12:21 PM

They would make so much money off of it....just imagine, hide and seek with Lilly as your General...That iwill be an amazing game and I should send it in to InfinityWard right now
Old 04-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile What if Alizée had her own "universe"?

Quote:
They would make so much money off of it....just imagine, hide and seek with Lilly as your General...That iwill be an amazing game and I should send it in to InfinityWard right now
Find more speculation along these lines here:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...62&postcount=1