Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Well....selling albums kinda means you're successful.
That's where we disagree. I am not "making excuses," I am criticizing a view that I consider crass and shallow.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-01-2011, 02:24 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

So having a small following of fan boys means success? News to me. Sorry, this thread-and the whole idea just won't work. Yes, you constantly make excuses when the fact is that nobody in France cares about her anymore.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
the fact is that nobody in France cares about her anymore.
What exactly do you mean by that?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
1. album sales
2. being played on the radio
3. sold out concerts
4. maintaining a stable spot on the charts
Quote:
Do I really have to bust out the charts?
Quote:
I never said they're all that matters, but it seems like people keep making excuses for her. Make all the excuses you want, her career is still in the toilet.
I'm confused.

Aren't album sales at an all-time low? Is judging success solely based on album sales, morally or otherwise, really a valid argument right now?

I think the reason she isn't successful from a strictly industrial point of view is one of two:

a) She has no idea how to manage a career. This seems most feasible to me.

Like I said in another thread, she has had little to no experience with the music industry without a team of expert musical geniuses to make every move for her. Alizee brought the music to life, she inspired millions, and she was (and still is) fantastic. But in terms of career choices she never lifted a finger, or at least that's how it looks to me. Is she completely free of blame for the position she is in sales-wise? No. Is it ALL her fault? Still no. It's hard to make it in today's industry without solid management, and I would be lying (I'd even venture to say that all of you would as well) if I said that I would not be confused and floundering in her position.

b) She simply does not want to be famous. This is also possible. With that much credibility and fame in the music industry, she could still be a sensation today if she wanted to. But she chose this instead. People measure success in more ways than one and we can argue in circles for hours over which is right, but the truth is that there is no absolutely correct, unshakable, solid way to define it. There's no right answer, just what your personal opinion is.

How does Alizee herself define success? I don't know for sure. But if she is happy doing this and considers herself successful, that's good enough for me.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 02-01-2011, 02:52 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Euphoria, I would like to see you compare Alizée's career to your music career, and point out every instance in where you made the "correct" decision and where Alizée totally derp'd.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:32 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So having a small following of fan boys means success? News to me. Sorry, this thread-and the whole idea just won't work. Yes, you constantly make excuses when the fact is that nobody in France cares about her anymore.
You just insulted Alizee and her fans. Your right this whole idea won't work for you. Monday morning quarterbacking is easy. We are all clueless where Alizee goes from here. I really hope she continues for my sake. I hope Alizee does what she does for her sake. Any thing else I would say would be redundant.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Time to analyze...

So guys this [MDO] thing can still work if nobody insults. Just agree to disagree like Deep did. Cause if we can do that then this idea can stay afloat and we can have somewhat "more mature" discussions. Euphoria had his/her opinion on Alizee's career which was fine but then he/she couldn't resist but to insult after not being able to justify his/her point. We just need to not do that and this thing will be a success.

Carry on...
Old 02-01-2011, 09:15 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Most of it could be heard without spending the money, so those who heard it and didn't like it didn't buy it. Very few people, if any, bought it solely because it was hers.
And how many times have you heard just on this website that people would buy anything that she put out? Just saying.

Quote:
Yes, you constantly make excuses when the fact is that nobody in France cares about her anymore.
Add almost before the nobody and you have an extremely true statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Aren't album sales at an all-time low? Is judging success solely based on album sales, morally or otherwise, really a valid argument right now?
I'd say it is still quite a valid point as that is why one makes an album is to sell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
How does Alizee herself define success? I don't know for sure. But if she is happy doing this and considers herself successful, that's good enough for me.
She wants to do large concert and not small venues. Even if you don't know her and how she is you can see this by the Venues she has picked for previous concerts and the cancellation of others do to them not having enough people for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
You just insulted Alizee and her fans.
For the Fanboy comment that's just in how you take it. It's really just a term for hardcore fans. As for the people who care in France just go ask Julien, I'd imagine he'd have a good idea of what the general opinion of the French are.

Regards,

Jung

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 02-01-2011 at 09:23 AM..
Old 02-01-2011, 09:33 AM

awkward Turtle is on a distinguished road

Alizée is floundering in the charts and I think her long term career is in danger. I really think she needs to tour or she is never going to sell more albums or gain popularity. She might just have to swallow her image of concerts that she had before and start smaller with less emphasis on the whole show going on on stage. Just focus on her singing and build from there.

I would love to see, just for legacy sake, one more very popular album so that people do not forever remember her as that 16 year old girl singing Moi... Lolita. Also, it would show the world what we all know: that she is an extremely gifted artist and not some one-hit-wonder that couldn't stand on her own feet.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 AM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Remember way back when? I said she was pulling a Peyton Manning and just taking a dip? Well we need to face reality. The young population is moving on from the Alizee Era. I listened to the Top 40 Songs in France Today and she was not there. Tiao Cruz was. But she wasn't.

There moving on. BUT This is key. If she changes to match the trends then we know she's not done. If not...it's just her time.

The selling of albums has always been a huge player in the world of music. It's unavoidable. If you don't sell then you have no record company. Not news.

The fanboy thing? We're all fans. Disregard.

Buying anything she puts out? I didn't buy these last two albums.

Now about MDO. I can't believe we're on the second page and already...geez c'mon guys! Just be nice.

Edit:

Also I meant to say this is the kind of HIGH ANALYSIS and Conversation of ALIZEE and her immediate CAREER New people are going to be looking for!

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 02-01-2011 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts