PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite song judging from the samples

heyamigo
11-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Ok, now that the 30 sec. samples are out for each of the 11 songs, which one is your favorite?

edit: here is the file: http://rs145.rapidshare.com/files/70093217/Preview_Psychedelices.rar

if you choose "i can't pick one" please explain which ones are your picks below.

CFHollister
11-16-2007, 10:48 AM
I went for Idéaliser because I think Alizée's beautiful voice comes through the best in it (reminds me a bit of Coeur déjà pris). Other favorites, if I didn't have to choose just one would be Par les paupières, Jamais plus, and Mademoiselle/Fifty-Sixty (but it's hard for me to consider those two objectively with the other since we're already so familiar with them and these other are new, that's why I kinda lumped them together).

heyamigo
11-16-2007, 10:54 AM
i picked jamais plus. i might be in the minority but décollage is one of my favs too.

CF, you're right about MJ and FS. all of us have heard it so much it's unlikely to get votes.

Killian
11-16-2007, 01:28 PM
I also went for Idéaliser. I thought it sounded amazing and it immediately blew me away. Her vocal range in it impressed me greatly, I don't think i ever heard her go that high before, but boy, can she hit those notes. I think the beauty of her voice really comes through in the song, and I cannot wait to hear more. But, I can't choose just one, so here are my other:

Another favourite was JP (already with the abbreviations :p). The nice pop tune and overall happy feel really contributed to the song. I would go as far to say that the tune is on a par with alot of the stuff Laurent wrote for her, the cheerful piano riff, an the synthesizer are all very enjoyable and create a nice support for Lili's voice.

L'effet was another song I thought was quite impressive. The old style jazz was something I've never really listened to greatly, but is a style I do enjoy now and again, and having Lili sing it only further impressed me, for her range of styles is unbelievable. The instumentation of this song was also very impressive, and whoever wrote it is clearly talented (I'm trying to think of the guy connected to the album that I think may be responsible).

Mon Taxi Driver was another one I enjoyed the slight melancholy feel is something that really appeals to me, and as always Lili captured it beautifully. This along with the peaceful music makes it another winner in my mind.

Psychédélices was a another nice one which again seemed to have a quite sad undertone to it (almost dark as someone mentioned in another thread). The beginning of the clip I found a little strange, it's hard to but my finger on, but something just seemed weird to me, but in the rest of the clip I was awestruck the violon was amazing, and again Lili captured the style with poise and perfection (how does she keep hanging her style so much?)

Par les paupières is one which again is a very nice tune, and very well sung (starting to get repetitive, but it's the truth). There something about it that just seems to welcome you in, and you end up in a near trance like state listening to it, I don't really know what it is, but there is something about it....

Lonely List was one which immediately lifted my spirits, and is another keeper. When I was listening to it everything just clicked and seemed to fit perfectely. The music, the voice, the tone, nothing was off and I think it would be good single matireal.

Oh God, I've looked at them all (sorry guys), may as well give my opinion of the last one:

Décollage was one that orginally didn't appeal to me, but I've been thinking about it quite a bit, and it still just isn't my style... As strange as it is for me to say, I don't paticularly like it, hopefully my opinion will change and it will grow on me but I don't know... Musically there is nothing wrong , and again Lili manages to add another style to her CV, but I just don't like the genre. (Does that make me less of a fan?)

Overall The album sounds magnificent, and there is definetly something for everone on it. The range of styles means that everyone will find something they like, and that all the old fans will get to hear Lili in a way they never imagined. Great credit to show to all the composers, especially Jeremy, they did an great job.

Cooney
11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Wait, you want me to pick? Just one? And from those short samples? /cry

I'm gonna have to go with Lilly Town, from what I've heard. It's the most like what I listened to back before I discovered Alizée, and has a fun upbeat sound to it.

Under various circumstances, I would also pick Idéaliser, Jamais Plus, or Fifty Sixy as well, and I like almost all of them.

heyamigo
11-16-2007, 01:50 PM
nice post killian. i think they said jean faque wrote and bertrand bergulat composed l'effet (http://avantkalizee.mabulle.com/index.php/2007/09/08/86140-alizee-recapitulatif-de-toutes-les-exclus-apportees-par-mes-soins-depuis-quelques-jours-) and i think it's supposed to be a song about her being a mom. it makes me think about jenifer's c'est de l'or.

lonely list, from the title i expected a sad song, but its the opposite. i wonder what the lyrics are for that song.

for JP, the part i like is the part after the chorus. for some reason the beats and melody in that part is really catchy.

on the whole, it looks like alizée is dipping her foot into producing more "artistic" music, but it's not too deeply artsy and therefore seems very accessible, especially to the pop crowd.

dang, it looks like lilly town is out to an early lead with 3 votes!

Norsken
11-16-2007, 01:53 PM
I can't pick. But i was thinking about lonely list and Idéaliser both are amazing but if I realy had to choose i woud go for
Lonely list.

Killian
11-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks, heyamigo. That's who I was thinking of Bertrand Burgalat. Some of his work, I found quite jazzy...

nurvonic
11-16-2007, 02:44 PM
it was a harder than hell decision, but i chose mon taxi driver. i liked the sound to it, but then again all the songs sound great!

one exception being decollage. i dont know about all the rapping....

ill have to wait to hear the whole song.

Fish
11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
I went with Jamais Plus, though it was close between it, Lilly Town, Lonely List, and Idealiser.

DirtyACE
11-16-2007, 05:02 PM
That was a very hard decision, but I picked Idealiser. Just love the sound of Lili's voice in it and the entire song has a beautiful melody too. It also reminds me a lot of her first two albums. Mon taxi driver is another song that also reminds me of the younger Alizee.

Overall I'm very happy with the album. I think every song will eventually grow on me.

lefty12357
11-16-2007, 05:08 PM
I went with Idéaliser for the same reasons Killian and CFH said. I really like this album so far, it has the kind of variety I like to hear. And Alizée's voice is better than ever.

Chommpers
11-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Hmm this is a tough decision. I believe Mademoiselle juliette is still my favourite though. I love the sound of the new songs aswell. Out of them I would have to say so far from a 30 sec clip and instant appeal, I would have to go with Lilly town. Since its a new song from the 30 sec clips I want ahead and voted for it. I also really liked JP it actually kinda reminds me of j-pop. I also really liked Idéaliser and Lonely list.

Matrix
11-16-2007, 05:23 PM
I listened to them all and except for Fifty-Sixty and Mademoiselle Juiliette....the rest were horrible, absolutely horrible. These two songs alone will have to carry this album

nurvonic
11-16-2007, 05:25 PM
I listened to them all and except for Fifty-Sixty and Mademoiselle Juiliette....the rest were horrible, absolutely horrible. These two songs alone will have to carry this album

you should make a youtube video of why the 20 second samples make you think this way...

MesGourmandises
11-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Am I "Trippin'" or is it not just me that thinks that Psychedelices is the worst song on that album. It seems it will be a single.. since its the album cover's name, but I hope not.

atra201
11-16-2007, 07:00 PM
one cannot pick from a 30 sec sample so i went with "I cann't pick one".
put if i had to choose i'd go with "Idéaliser" for the same reason as CF.(it's really a beautiful song)

DirtyACE
11-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Am I "Trippin'" or is it not just me that thinks that Psychedelices is the worst song on that album. It seems it will be a single.. since its the album cover's name, but I hope not.

Well look at it this way. It's a very different album for the most part. Almost a step in a whole different direction from what we know of Alizee's previous two albums. I can see how some people will not like that because they're more inclined towards the more pop-like music. This new album has a bit of everything though. So in short, some people will not enjoy it that much and maybe even stop being fans but it will also attract new audience who are more into this new style, and of course there are people like most of us on these forums who will enjoy it regardless.

Addict
11-16-2007, 07:58 PM
most of my favorite artists I didn't even bat an eyelash at when I first heard their music. It takes a while for me to get into music, and the more I hear a song the more I like it. I can't tell which song I like best, based off these short clips, I'm just happy she made another album. All the songs are pretty fun.

SilentFox
11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
For me i would have to go with Idéaliser! its nice and calm to listen to!

Amigo!
11-16-2007, 08:18 PM
I can listen to almost any style of music out there, good music is good music.
I love the variety that has been put into this album. I can't just pick one song from 30 sec clips, I have to hear the whole thing. I hope everyone here can pass off judging these songs until they have heard them in their entirety.

Besides, everyone here should have expected her sound to be different, it should have come as no surprise. Keep your mind open to new things guys ;)

personally I like what I hear so far, and I cant wait to hear the rest :)

cocoroa
11-16-2007, 08:28 PM
i think it´s very sexy and cool
i really love idealiser
it´s differnet from the old songs but very good

Zack -Alizee Lover-
11-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Lilly town!!!!!

Ben
11-16-2007, 10:17 PM
No one else has voted for Par les paupières yet?!? :eek:
Bah. And Jamais plus is overrated. :p

heyamigo
11-16-2007, 10:42 PM
sorry snatcher, but it seems like lilly town is pretty popular.:p

in retrospect, i should have left FS and MJ off the poll. it's not really fair we get to judge those 2 songs knowing the full song.

CFHollister
11-17-2007, 02:01 AM
No one else has voted for Par les paupières yet?!? :eek:

Don't get me wrong; if I had a second vote, it would have gotten it.

Cooney
11-17-2007, 02:14 AM
Gotta get multi-vote polls on here :-) I think we'd see a lot of results change around.

Sanokun
11-17-2007, 02:41 AM
I also really liked JP it actually kinda reminds me of j-pop.

I was thinking that too! JP sounded like it came from some anime :eek:
Some reason the beginning reminded me of Wing Gundam.
Looks like Alizee has been doing more than just collecting little plush things from Japan...Maybe she has been listening to some J-Pop or watching some anime. :cool:

Uméesha
11-17-2007, 03:32 AM
yeah good idea amigo, here we can say that which song sounds good, but i say that all the songs are beautiful, but you prefered to choose only one song so.... i will have choosen"Lily Town"..

heyamigo
11-17-2007, 06:20 AM
Gotta get multi-vote polls on here :-) I think we'd see a lot of results change around.

i would but this forum doesn't have that option for polls. i wish brad would make it so we can have more complicated polls, like also the option to change votes too.

JCC
11-17-2007, 07:51 AM
I voted Idealiser! If only 30 seconds of a song can get you hooked....i can only imagine what the entire song will do!! If i had a second choice, i'd pick Par les paupières. Don't really care for Jamais Plus...I'd take 50/60 over JP. Psycedelicies and MJ are better than JP, imo.

CFHollister
11-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Yeah, it sounds like Par les paupières is kinda getting the shaft in the poll. As a popular 2nd choice, its vote probably misrepresents its popularity considerably.

Cooney
11-17-2007, 01:40 PM
I think Psychédélices is being poorly served by having its short clip start in a very akward spot. If you ignore the first bit, and listen starting at around the 7th second of the clip, it sounds normal, and is quite pretty.

Killian
11-17-2007, 01:55 PM
I think Psychédélices is being poorly served by having its short clip start in a very akward spot. If you ignore the first bit, and listen starting at around the 7th second of the clip, it sounds normal, and is quite pretty.

I agree, and I said that in my post where I gave my opinion of each song. I think it does sound quite good, but the beginning was at a transistional point of the songm perhaps between two seperate parts. It is one song that we will definetly need to reserve judgement on.

Roman
11-18-2007, 04:20 AM
Picked Idéaliser because her singing is just amazing. We've never heard Alizée sound quite like that before and I love it. Of course, pretty much this whole album we've never heard her sing like that before, but this one is so beautiful. I get goosebumps every time I listen.
I also like Lilly Town and L'effet. Jamais Plus is catchy. I really hope they make singles/videos of the ones I like though. I'm thinking Lilly Town will work. Seems like FS would be a good single too, though.
I really want to see Lili sing these live now. Ok, where's that super rich great uncle I don't know about who's going to die and mysteriously leave me his fortune? I need to buy my way into a private Alizée concert. Oh, I'll invite lots of you guys too, of course.

Toc De Mac
11-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Judging from these clips, I really can't decide between Fifty Sixty, Jamais Plus, Psychédlicés, Par les paupières, Lilly Town, (Lonely List), Idéaliser, and L'effet. Décollage is just fun to listen to Alizée experimenting with new styles, so I guess I pretty much enjoy every song.

That was helpful. :rolleyes:

CFHollister
11-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Décollage is just fun to listen to Alizée experimenting with new styles...

I agree. Even though it isn't my favorite song on the album (based on samples), or generally the style of music I go for, I really enjoy listening to Alizée just play around with different styles. And hell... now that it's her album, she can do it if she damn well pleases :p. So I see it as a real positive. I wouldn't want it to be a single, because singles are supposed to be more major marketing statements and meant for high sales... But on the other hand I would personally enjoy a clip if Alizée were able to really cut loose and really have fun with it just to see Alizée having fun (kinda like she's "flirting" with her guitarists En Concert and during certain ACC performances).

Steven0022
11-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Haha I love Décollage. I love Lili's fun experiments. I play that 30 second clip over and over again. She sounds like she is having fun with it so why not haha. I hope Lili experiments more in the future and we can have more Décollage like songs for something new. Just so she is having fun and making music for us in the process.

Rev
11-20-2007, 12:42 AM
I voted for 50-60, but really like the following 4:
MJ
50-60
Jamais plus
Décollage

I liked her old style, especially the heavy electronic element. Also, these 4 seem like ones she could perform energetically - really play with on stage.

However, what I don't hear is a clear winner (like Moi-Lolita was), a song that grabs you and doesn't let go. The closest to it in my opinion is 50-60.

heyamigo
11-20-2007, 11:33 AM
yea now that i am over the initial reaction to fresh music, i would probably change my vote to fifty-sixty.

Roman
11-23-2007, 01:39 AM
fifty sixty is maybe a song she could create a dance for. That thought is inspiring. Do we have a poll for which songs are likely to be singles with videos?
FS
MJ
Idéalise
Lilly Town
?

heyamigo
11-23-2007, 01:58 AM
we can't make multi choice polls here, but after FS and MJ, it's hard to predict that with 30 second samples.

my darkhorse pick: decollage. (yeah right...)

Killian
11-24-2007, 09:05 AM
my darkhorse pick: decollage. (yeah right...)

I think it would a good single, not on musical merit but it would probably attract the most listeners...

Neiteio
11-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Par Les Paupières sounds the most magical, and that's the one I most want to hear all the way through. Decollage is also awesome, the more I listen to it.

For more in-depth impressions, please go HERE (http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showpost.php?p=77893&postcount=150).

- N

marik
11-27-2007, 06:41 AM
well i choose for Lily Town!,it makes me Rock! x]!

cocoroa
11-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Do you think that our opinion about the samples is gonna change after we get the cd?

SilentFox
11-27-2007, 09:52 AM
I dont think so there Cocoroa! Not hard to try though! :)

Gardemoncoeur
11-27-2007, 05:56 PM
is there somewhere where I can read the lyrics for her songs?

Killian
11-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Many of them are in the translations section of this forum along with the english transcription ;)