Idéaliser 10 17.24%
L'effet 3 5.17%
I can't pick one! 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2007, 10:38 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road
Default Your favorite song judging from the samples

Ok, now that the 30 sec. samples are out for each of the 11 songs, which one is your favorite?

edit: here is the file: http://rs145.rapidshare.com/files/70...chedelices.rar

if you choose "i can't pick one" please explain which ones are your picks below.

Last edited by heyamigo; 11-16-2007 at 03:05 PM..
Old 11-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I went for Idéaliser because I think Alizée's beautiful voice comes through the best in it (reminds me a bit of Coeur déjà pris). Other favorites, if I didn't have to choose just one would be Par les paupières, Jamais plus, and Mademoiselle/Fifty-Sixty (but it's hard for me to consider those two objectively with the other since we're already so familiar with them and these other are new, that's why I kinda lumped them together).
Old 11-16-2007, 10:54 AM

i picked jamais plus. i might be in the minority but décollage is one of my favs too.

CF, you're right about MJ and FS. all of us have heard it so much it's unlikely to get votes.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

I also went for Idéaliser. I thought it sounded amazing and it immediately blew me away. Her vocal range in it impressed me greatly, I don't think i ever heard her go that high before, but boy, can she hit those notes. I think the beauty of her voice really comes through in the song, and I cannot wait to hear more. But, I can't choose just one, so here are my other:

Another favourite was JP (already with the abbreviations ). The nice pop tune and overall happy feel really contributed to the song. I would go as far to say that the tune is on a par with alot of the stuff Laurent wrote for her, the cheerful piano riff, an the synthesizer are all very enjoyable and create a nice support for Lili's voice.

L'effet was another song I thought was quite impressive. The old style jazz was something I've never really listened to greatly, but is a style I do enjoy now and again, and having Lili sing it only further impressed me, for her range of styles is unbelievable. The instumentation of this song was also very impressive, and whoever wrote it is clearly talented (I'm trying to think of the guy connected to the album that I think may be responsible).

Mon Taxi Driver was another one I enjoyed the slight melancholy feel is something that really appeals to me, and as always Lili captured it beautifully. This along with the peaceful music makes it another winner in my mind.

Psychédélices was a another nice one which again seemed to have a quite sad undertone to it (almost dark as someone mentioned in another thread). The beginning of the clip I found a little strange, it's hard to but my finger on, but something just seemed weird to me, but in the rest of the clip I was awestruck the violon was amazing, and again Lili captured the style with poise and perfection (how does she keep hanging her style so much?)

Par les paupières is one which again is a very nice tune, and very well sung (starting to get repetitive, but it's the truth). There something about it that just seems to welcome you in, and you end up in a near trance like state listening to it, I don't really know what it is, but there is something about it....

Lonely List
was one which immediately lifted my spirits, and is another keeper. When I was listening to it everything just clicked and seemed to fit perfectely. The music, the voice, the tone, nothing was off and I think it would be good single matireal.

Oh God, I've looked at them all (sorry guys), may as well give my opinion of the last one:

Décollage was one that orginally didn't appeal to me, but I've been thinking about it quite a bit, and it still just isn't my style... As strange as it is for me to say, I don't paticularly like it, hopefully my opinion will change and it will grow on me but I don't know... Musically there is nothing wrong , and again Lili manages to add another style to her CV, but I just don't like the genre. (Does that make me less of a fan?)

Overall The album sounds magnificent, and there is definetly something for everone on it. The range of styles means that everyone will find something they like, and that all the old fans will get to hear Lili in a way they never imagined. Great credit to show to all the composers, especially Jeremy, they did an great job.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.

Last edited by Killian; 11-16-2007 at 07:57 PM..
Old 11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Wait, you want me to pick? Just one? And from those short samples? /cry

I'm gonna have to go with Lilly Town, from what I've heard. It's the most like what I listened to back before I discovered Alizée, and has a fun upbeat sound to it.

Under various circumstances, I would also pick Idéaliser, Jamais Plus, or Fifty Sixy as well, and I like almost all of them.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:50 PM

nice post killian. i think they said jean faque wrote and bertrand bergulat composed l'effet and i think it's supposed to be a song about her being a mom. it makes me think about jenifer's c'est de l'or.

lonely list, from the title i expected a sad song, but its the opposite. i wonder what the lyrics are for that song.

for JP, the part i like is the part after the chorus. for some reason the beats and melody in that part is really catchy.

on the whole, it looks like alizée is dipping her foot into producing more "artistic" music, but it's not too deeply artsy and therefore seems very accessible, especially to the pop crowd.

dang, it looks like lilly town is out to an early lead with 3 votes!

Last edited by heyamigo; 11-16-2007 at 01:55 PM..
Old 11-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Alizee!

Norsken is on a distinguished road

I can't pick. But i was thinking about lonely list and Idéaliser both are amazing but if I realy had to choose i woud go for
Lonely list.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Thanks, heyamigo. That's who I was thinking of Bertrand Burgalat. Some of his work, I found quite jazzy...

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:44 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

it was a harder than hell decision, but i chose mon taxi driver. i liked the sound to it, but then again all the songs sound great!

one exception being decollage. i dont know about all the rapping....

ill have to wait to hear the whole song.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

I went with Jamais Plus, though it was close between it, Lilly Town, Lonely List, and Idealiser.