PDA

View Full Version : would you want alizee popular in the US?

newalizeefan
09-14-2006, 03:44 AM
when alizee comes back would you want her to be popular in the US? why and why not?

its a hard choice.
on one hand i want her to become popular in the us because
-it would give me a greater chance to see her in person...ie: concerts, tours, promotions
-i wont have to hide my alizee-obsession any longer
-she would be on american TV... that would be great to see
-she would get MANY fans in the US. no doubt
-it would expand her career and her options

on the other hand
-she would be continually mobbed by paparazzi
-many false rumors would be made about her, just like most celebs
-rappers might try to get her into their videos for her sexy dances...(this thought has always bothered me)
-most people would just talk about her sexually and disrespectfully.
-US = many ignorant people... not a good place to be
-gas prices

the list goes on for both of those categories but if i had to pick, id have to pick my nonselfish side and wouldnt want her to be popular in the US. i just wouldnt want our lili to witness all the retarded crap that goes on in the US. and plus, who wouldnt want to be in paris/france. its so nice there.

brad
09-14-2006, 09:18 AM
i think it would be cool if she would just come to the US to appear on a few shows, like Saturday Night Live or something ..

rcs
09-14-2006, 10:05 AM
i think it would be cool if she would just come to the US to appear on a few shows, like Saturday Night Live or something ..

Like Brad said, slowly introducing her on a show would be cool. It could build a fan base worthy of something bigger. I think it could, at least, lead to one concert. Make it New York or Las Vegas, it doesn't have to be a multiple city tour. Her interviews would have to be controlled, maybe scripted.

C-4
09-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Like Brad said, slowly introducing her on a show would be cool. It could build a fan base worthy of something bigger. I think it could, at least, lead to one concert. Make it New York or Las Vegas, it doesn't have to be a multiple city tour. Her interviews would have to be controlled, maybe scripted.

This is a way to consider it for Alizée. Get in, get out.
If she was popluar, let her agents make a schedule for her that is so strict and confined that the poparrazzi would have a tough time except for getting a picture of her entering and exiting a place.

I agree however, that the USA is a tough place to be and unless she is handled very well and totally protected, she would be soured by the trip and would never return.

In all honesty, the choice is obviously Alizée's, but I would not want her spirit to be messed with in this country. She is too good for that.

I would also keep the rap gangs as far away from her as possible. They ruin everything they get involved with, with their so-over-the-top BS.
There is no need to bring down the angel to their low level.

O Rly
09-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Well, i can't say anything about the US, since i don't live there. But i don't want her to be not-known there for sure, just on a normal level, so if you ask someone "Hey, do you know who Alizée is?" they'd say yeah(same for Europe). I don't want her to be just another celebrity, cause she's more than that... Being famous all over the world kinda corrupts the person over some time(being spied, followed, bugged by paparazzi all the time, not being able to relax etc.), that's something i'd never wish to her. She's just so different from any other person i've ever seen...

aditya8617
09-14-2006, 11:29 AM
I think she is popular enough right now and has a good life, I would like it, if it stays that way. Not too many media people to bother her and enough of Alizee for her current fans.

Rocket
09-14-2006, 12:11 PM
I did write to SNL, Letterman and Leno but they have a strict rule about submitting ideas or requesting a guest. They will reject all requests. Which sucks for us.

C-4
09-14-2006, 12:40 PM
If Johnny Carson was still on, I would love to see Alizée get on there, but Leno, Letterman, et. al. are so lame to me, personally that I think they would not know how to interview her with class.

However, it would be great if Entertainment Tonight was able to do a piece on Alizée, as she could have that done in her own chosen environment and would not have to be there in a live setting. It would be just another interview for Alizée and ET would just edit it as they desired.
They are the most watched entertainment program in the country and it would be great exposure for her. jmho

riva2model64
09-14-2006, 03:01 PM
when alizee comes back would you want her to be popular in the US? why and why not?
-i wont have to hide my alizee-obsession any longer

how true. people think I am crazier than I actually am.

on the other hand
(as a con)
-gas prices

gas prices? huh? I don quite understand

ye it is very hard,
I don think Alizée would like how she would
be recieved in the US anyway

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 04:03 PM
I think she shouldn't come here for a long time maybe just make a few appearences in shows and stuff but thats it. She shouldn't have to deal with our paparazzi here

brad
09-14-2006, 05:04 PM
gas prices? huh? I don quite understand

I don't think he realizes that gas prices in the USA are MUCH lower than anywhere in Europe, even if they have increased recently.

Pirate515
09-14-2006, 05:11 PM
I think she shouldn't come here for a long time. Maybe just make a few appearances in shows and stuff, but thats it. She shouldn't have to deal with our paparazzi here.I agree. More like Natalie Portman kind of fame, where everyone knows who she is, but no one makes a big deal out of it. I certainly wouldn't wish the Britney kind of fame to Alizee so that she can have paparazzi jumping all over her, and I think that Alizee said that she's not interested in that either.

By the way, are American paparazzi worse than French ones? I personally think that all paparazzi are scum, regardless of where they are located.

Pirate515
09-14-2006, 05:16 PM
I don't think he realizes that gas prices in the USA are MUCH lower than anywhere in Europe, even if they have increased recently.Very true. That is why Europeans have been riding these little cars for ages and most of them probably don't even know what an SUV is whereas we in the US are just starting to do that now, and only because of the gas price hikes.

aditya8617
09-14-2006, 05:17 PM
I personally think that all paparazzi are scum, regardless of where they are located.

I have the same opinion about the paparazzi, they are all scum!

Urb4n
09-14-2006, 06:59 PM
-she would be continually mobbed by paparazzi
-many false rumors would be made about her, just like most celebs
-most people would just talk about her sexually and disrespectfully.
-US = many ignorant people... not a good place to be

Thats always bothered me about her coming here. I worry that the Hollywood lifestyle would tear her apart and end up just putting stress on her and her relationship. Also, I bet most people would just look at her as a sex symbol like most of our celebrities are nowadays. The tabloids would have a field day with her if she ever screwed up. I'm afraid she'd leave here with a bitter taste (of America) in her mouth.

On the other hand, I'd love to see her here in the U.S. It'd make it so much easier to see her.

Rocket
09-14-2006, 08:18 PM
I don't think we're asking here to LIVE here. Just come over and do some concerts. There are many stars that work here but live abroad. Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe on Friends) now lives in France with her family. Steven Spielberg lives in England as well as Roman Polanski (The Pianist). The group Rush all live in Canada. But just in case, my husband is fixing up the guest room just for Aliz'ee. Haha

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 08:26 PM
But just in case, my husband is fixing up the guest room just for Aliz'ee. Haha

yeah good idea :p

Nitro
09-14-2006, 08:31 PM
But just in case, my husband is fixing up the guest room just for Aliz'ee. Haha

Better keep both eyes on your husband. While Alizee is staying under your roof, he can't be held accountable for his actions!

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Better keep both eyes on your husband. While Alizee is staying under your roof, he can't be held accountable for his actions!

That is true you have to be careful

Bob
09-14-2006, 08:51 PM
I did write to SNL, Letterman and Leno but they have a strict rule about submitting ideas or requesting a guest. They will reject all requests. Which sucks for us.

nice rocket, that..was a good idea

I don't think he realizes that gas prices in the USA are MUCH lower than anywhere in Europe, even if they have increased recently.

and brad, gas prices have started to decrease a little =) at least theyre under $3 no for most places in the US, although i can say i don't care wether they go up or down, i don't drive a car =P

and i think alizee should could get away with going to Canada or Mexico fine, but if she went to the US she would have to be really careful, just like rocket if alizee stays at her house

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 09:00 PM
nice rocket, that..was a good idea

and brad, gas prices have started to decrease a little =) at least theyre under $3 no for most places in the US, although i can say i don't care wether they go up or down, i don't drive a car =P

and i think alizee should could get away with going to Canada or Mexico fine, but if she went to the US she would have to be really careful, just like rocket if alizee stays at her house

less than three for premium by me

mini.mac
09-14-2006, 09:36 PM
I think she is popular enough right now and has a good life, I would like it, if it stays that way. Not too many media people to bother her and enough of Alizee for her current fans.

Agree. I think the best way for her and her family for the time being is remain the way it is right now. The music industry in Europe and US work so differently, she'll better off stay away from us.

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 09:37 PM
Agree. I think the best way for her and her family for the time being is remain the way it is right now. The music industry in Europe and US work so differently, she'll better off stay away from us.

that is true we were mainly thinking for us but what she has now with the occasional record coming out is good for her personal and family life

mini.mac
09-14-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't think we're asking here to LIVE here. Just come over and do some concerts. There are many stars that work here but live abroad. Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe on Friends) now lives in France with her family. Steven Spielberg lives in England as well as Roman Polanski (The Pianist). The group Rush all live in Canada. But just in case, my husband is fixing up the guest room just for Aliz'ee. Haha

Polanski is on the FBI Wanted List, that's why he has to live aboard.

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Polanski is on the FBI Wanted List, that's why he has to live aboard.

why is he on the list

mini.mac
09-14-2006, 09:52 PM
why is he on the list

He was involved in some sort of child molest case. I don't really know the detail of it.

That's why he didn't came for Oscar, even though The Pianist was doing so good at the award.

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 09:53 PM
ahh well that makes sense

Rocket
09-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Roman Polanski was married to Sharon Tate. She, along with some others, were murdered by the Manson Family in the 60's. She was pregnant at the time and one of the women took the dead baby from her womb. A few years later Polanski fled to England because had sex with a 13 year old girl. When he won Best Director for the movie The Pianist, Polanski declined to come to Hollywood and accept his Oscar.

DJ_Greg
09-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Roman Polanski was married to Sharon Tate. She, along with some others, were murdered by the Manson Family in the 60's. She was pregnant at the time and one of the women took the dead baby from her womb. A few years later Polanski fled to England because had sex with a 13 year old girl. When he won Best Director for the movie The Pianist, Polanski declined to come to Hollywood and accept his Oscar.

Thank you, Jennapedia.

aditya8617
09-14-2006, 10:15 PM
wtf, with a 13 year old girl. Are you sure rocket, that the news is correct?

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 10:16 PM
yeah that is sick

riva2model64
09-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Very true. That is why Europeans have been riding these little cars for ages and most of them probably don't even know what an SUV is whereas we in the US are just starting to do that now, and only because of the gas price hikes.

well they have SUV's, but they have more functional SUV's: they are designed solely for whatever it was they were made for, usually off-roading

over here in the US, we have 7-seater, high-comfort, big-engine fast sporty cross-over stuff

Also in the Europe, they have a lot of diesel-powered vehicles
diesel-powered vehicles are both powerful and modest in their usage of gasoline (usually use a lot less than comparative gasoline engine)

Americans don't seem to like diesels for various reasons
I guess we like our horsepower

Volkswagen, bless them, is one of the biggest providers of diesel-powered vehicles in the US

however in the US they have taken the VW Golf (with it's 1.9 liter diesel) out of the line and replaced it with the Rabbit with a gasoline engine that gets worse gas mileage than the bigger Volkswagen Passat

the rest of the world still gets the Volkswagen Golf, and it's even better than before: available is a 1.4 "TSI" liter supercharged and turbocharged 170 hp engine that makes for a vehicle that is both relatively quick and one that gets fuel economy figures (at around 38mpg tested) that are close to the Toyota Prius!

the European Volkswagen Golf GT is also available with a 2.0 liter "TDI" turbo-diesel vehicle that develops the same 170hp as the TSI engine, but uses diesel fuel. It develops a whopping 258 lb. ft. of torque at 1800 RPM. . .that's much more torque than the Chevy Equinox SUV provides and abou the same as V-6 Ford F-150. Yes, that much torque in such a small car. . . I don't know what fuel economy is, but it is likely to be higher than 38mpg average. In fact, a larger German sedan made by Skoda that uses the same 2.0 TDI engine made by Volkswagen returned an average of 48mpg! That is more than the Toyota Prius, and the vehicle is also much faster than the prius.

-edit- oops sorry guys I just rambled

cane17
09-14-2006, 11:03 PM
I would love anything more for Alizée come to the States but i think its a 50/50 shot hit or miss,i mean most of the people are used to the pop music in the USA now,you would have to show the true Alizée,like us fans know her with the Interviews she dose and how she's a real down to earth person.

Rocket
09-14-2006, 11:48 PM
wtf, with a 13 year old girl. Are you sure rocket, that the news is correct?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Polanski I'm very sure.

Urb4n
09-15-2006, 01:35 AM
I would love anything more for Alizée come to the States but i think its a 50/50 shot hit or miss,i mean most of the people are used to the pop music in the USA now,you would have to show the true Alizée,like us fans know her with the Interviews she dose and how she's a real down to earth person.

I don't think she'll be in the pop genre when ever her new album comes out. I'm making a good bet its going to be something in the rock area. In fact, the more that I think about it, she could actually fit in with the U.S. musical styles pretty well (assuming I'm right). French rock anybody?

mini.mac
09-15-2006, 01:44 AM
I don't think she'll be in the pop genre when ever her new album comes out. I'm making a good bet its going to be something in the rock area. In fact, the more that I think about it, she could actually fit in with the U.S. musical styles pretty well (assuming I'm right). French rock anybody?

That's fine by me. I listen to Evanescense to Alizée and anything in between, french rock won't bother me.

I think Alizée's attitude also turn down some of the big labels as well. Remembe how she like to keep her life out of the lime light? That's mean no interviews, no public appearances, etc. which are bad for publicity & promotion. Even though I'm totally behind this, but hey, that doesn't sell.

rwd716
09-15-2006, 02:01 AM
By the way, are American paparazzi worse than French ones? I personally think that all paparazzi are scum, regardless of where they are located.

This reminded me of when Princess Diana crashed running from French paparazzi. That and having a drunk secret agent drive her car.

rwd716
09-15-2006, 02:11 AM
The Natalie Portman popularity would be perfect in my book. Just an occational, but recurring concert in the U.S. would suite me fine.

BTW, I wonder how many people will learn of Alizée after hearing her song on Russell Crowe's new movie? Just getting her song on a movie means that the American entertainment industry has their eye on her...food for thought.