Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-14-2006, 03:44 AM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road
Default would you want alizee popular in the US?

when alizee comes back would you want her to be popular in the US? why and why not?

its a hard choice.
on one hand i want her to become popular in the us because
-it would give me a greater chance to see her in person...ie: concerts, tours, promotions
-i wont have to hide my alizee-obsession any longer
-she would be on american TV... that would be great to see
-she would get MANY fans in the US. no doubt
-it would expand her career and her options

on the other hand
-she would be continually mobbed by paparazzi
-many false rumors would be made about her, just like most celebs
-rappers might try to get her into their videos for her sexy dances...(this thought has always bothered me)
-most people would just talk about her sexually and disrespectfully.
-US = many ignorant people... not a good place to be
-gas prices

the list goes on for both of those categories but if i had to pick, id have to pick my nonselfish side and wouldnt want her to be popular in the US. i just wouldnt want our lili to witness all the retarded crap that goes on in the US. and plus, who wouldnt want to be in paris/france. its so nice there.

Last edited by newalizeefan; 09-14-2006 at 03:50 AM..
Old 09-14-2006, 09:18 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

i think it would be cool if she would just come to the US to appear on a few shows, like Saturday Night Live or something ..
Old 09-14-2006, 10:05 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
i think it would be cool if she would just come to the US to appear on a few shows, like Saturday Night Live or something ..
Like Brad said, slowly introducing her on a show would be cool. It could build a fan base worthy of something bigger. I think it could, at least, lead to one concert. Make it New York or Las Vegas, it doesn't have to be a multiple city tour. Her interviews would have to be controlled, maybe scripted.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:56 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
Like Brad said, slowly introducing her on a show would be cool. It could build a fan base worthy of something bigger. I think it could, at least, lead to one concert. Make it New York or Las Vegas, it doesn't have to be a multiple city tour. Her interviews would have to be controlled, maybe scripted.
This is a way to consider it for Alizée. Get in, get out.
If she was popluar, let her agents make a schedule for her that is so strict and confined that the poparrazzi would have a tough time except for getting a picture of her entering and exiting a place.

I agree however, that the USA is a tough place to be and unless she is handled very well and totally protected, she would be soured by the trip and would never return.

In all honesty, the choice is obviously Alizée's, but I would not want her spirit to be messed with in this country. She is too good for that.

I would also keep the rap gangs as far away from her as possible. They ruin everything they get involved with, with their so-over-the-top BS.
There is no need to bring down the angel to their low level.

Last edited by C-4; 09-14-2006 at 12:35 PM..
Old 09-14-2006, 10:59 AM

O Rly is on a distinguished road

Well, i can't say anything about the US, since i don't live there. But i don't want her to be not-known there for sure, just on a normal level, so if you ask someone "Hey, do you know who Alizée is?" they'd say yeah(same for Europe). I don't want her to be just another celebrity, cause she's more than that... Being famous all over the world kinda corrupts the person over some time(being spied, followed, bugged by paparazzi all the time, not being able to relax etc.), that's something i'd never wish to her. She's just so different from any other person i've ever seen...
Old 09-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

I think she is popular enough right now and has a good life, I would like it, if it stays that way. Not too many media people to bother her and enough of Alizee for her current fans.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:11 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I did write to SNL, Letterman and Leno but they have a strict rule about submitting ideas or requesting a guest. They will reject all requests. Which sucks for us.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:40 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

If Johnny Carson was still on, I would love to see Alizée get on there, but Leno, Letterman, et. al. are so lame to me, personally that I think they would not know how to interview her with class.

However, it would be great if Entertainment Tonight was able to do a piece on Alizée, as she could have that done in her own chosen environment and would not have to be there in a live setting. It would be just another interview for Alizée and ET would just edit it as they desired.
They are the most watched entertainment program in the country and it would be great exposure for her. jmho
Old 09-14-2006, 03:01 PM

riva2model64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by newalizeefan View Post
when alizee comes back would you want her to be popular in the US? why and why not?
-i wont have to hide my alizee-obsession any longer
how true. people think I am crazier than I actually am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newalizeefan View Post
on the other hand
(as a con)
-gas prices
gas prices? huh? I don quite understand

ye it is very hard,
I don think Alizée would like how she would
be recieved in the US anyway
Old 09-14-2006, 04:03 PM

NANAKI is on a distinguished road

I think she shouldn't come here for a long time maybe just make a few appearences in shows and stuff but thats it. She shouldn't have to deal with our paparazzi here