PDA

View Full Version : Alizee is Canada?

Azereus
10-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Has Alizee ever had any thoughts of performing in Canada? I know that she has no intention of going to the U.S to perform but does she mean she also wont go to anywhere in North America? You would think that she would come and perform in Quebec(Canada) because it is a french speaking province. I'd like to know some more info on this.

Twitch
10-24-2006, 10:09 PM
I've been wondering the same myself because most French artists expand into Québec long before they go into Asia. The only thing I can think of is that her album Gourmandises wasn't marketed here and didn't sell well enough for them to think it was worth coming here. But I am sure had she come to support it would have sold better. And to make things worse her second album Mes Courants Electriques didn't even have a Canadian release. I don't think the en Concert did either nothing until the I'm not Twenty Remixes, which again I don't think was very popular here, or anywhere (people prefer the French versions). But unlike her saying she dislikes the US paparazzi she hasn't expressed any interest in not coming here. Moi Lolita did enjoy a brief airing on Much's French Kiss so they at least were thinking about it at one time.

aditya8617
10-24-2006, 11:56 PM
I don't know about before but currently I think she is making a new start right from the scratch. Even she isn't sure how well her album 3 will do in France and that no doubt must be her priority. Also since she has a kid now she would need time to foccuss on her so I doubt she will come to US or canada in next 5 yrs or so.

Señor Villa
10-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Alizée must focus on getting her fans from France back before going elsewhere.

aditya8617
10-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Alizée must focus on getting her fans from France back before going elsewhere.

Exactly. I have a feeing that if she doesn't then even we won't get much of her.

Twitch
10-25-2006, 12:21 AM
Who knows Lara Fabian after putting out a few singles decided to move to Montréal from Belgium with nothing more than a friend, two suitcases, and $1000 (according to her bio). Once here she finished and released her first album and has gone on to be quite successful, and still calls Montréal home. So if the French for some reason don't accept Alizée back I hope she knows she can come here, but I doubt a Corsican girl could survive the Canadian winter.:D
Edit: Montréal in the winter: Snow :D (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Montreal_-_Plateau%2C_day_of_snow_-_200312.jpg)

Señor Villa
10-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Alizée could always move to Arizona, I have an extra room for her.

alizéefièvre
12-10-2006, 04:37 AM
Has Alizee ever had any thoughts of performing in Canada? I know that she has no intention of going to the U.S to perform but does she mean she also wont go to anywhere in North America? You would think that she would come and perform in Quebec(Canada) because it is a french speaking province. I'd like to know some more info on this.

Quebec is not a freindly place. the French accent is very different over there. And they are very very stuck up! being from real french descent i've adapted the real accent. I live in British Columbia and ill tell u the quebec ppl piss off every other province because they wanna split from us and even france wont take them back they are so snobby. I do not doubt her come to quebec regardless of them being assholes but only if she releases her 3rd album here. Since shes older now and working without the aide of myléne maybe she'll decide to target certain parts of north america. lets all hope so !

HibyPrime
12-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Quebec is not a freindly place. the French accent is very different over there. And they are very very stuck up! being from real french descent i've adapted the real accent. I live in British Columbia and ill tell u the quebec ppl piss off every other province because they wanna split from us and even france wont take them back they are so snobby. I do not doubt her come to quebec regardless of them being assholes but only if she releases her 3rd album here. Since shes older now and working without the aide of myléne maybe she'll decide to target certain parts of north america. lets all hope so !

You live in BC, you must like rain, skiing, and salmon, no? Of the very short time I've spent in montreal, I can tell you that everyone I met is a hell of a lot nicer than the people here (toronto). I spent a night in trois rivere (I think that's the name of the town/city), and they are very nice there aswell..

Stereotypes are bad..

I think she is more likely to show up in mexico rather than Canada or the US, she has a massive fan-base in mexico..

lobowolf14
12-10-2006, 04:05 PM
I doubt a Corsican girl could survive the Canadian winter.:D
Edit: Montréal in the winter: Snow :D (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Montreal_-_Plateau%2C_day_of_snow_-_200312.jpg)

Oh snap! That snow storm looks so fun! Seriously, It's a challenge and a rush, and I'm from Ohio, probably the only place where you will find people passing you at 50mph in the uncleared passing lane during a snowstorm.

HibyPrime
12-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Oh snap! That snow storm looks so fun! Seriously, It's a challenge and a rush, and I'm from Ohio, probably the only place where you will find people passing you at 50mph in the uncleared passing lane during a snowstorm.

If they are able to actually drive their car in an uncleared lane during a snowstorm, you sir need to visit (any) part of canada during a snowstorm..

"White wall" is a pretty accurate description..

lobowolf14
12-10-2006, 04:22 PM
haha.. well we can't go that fast when you can only see a few feet in front of you I've been in rain that you had to pull over for due to NO visibility), but if the roads are still bad and the visibility is manageable we fly.

Señor Villa
12-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Alizée is nos univers.

Twitch
12-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Trois-Rivières (Three Rivers) is a place in Québec (and birthplace of Ghyslain Raza aka the Star Wars Kid). And driving fast on bad roads in the winter is not the problem, it's stopping. Like when someone rear ends you because they are driving too fast with shitty tires and can't stop as quickly on icy roads as you can.

alizéefièvre
12-10-2006, 08:11 PM
You live in BC, you must like rain, skiing, and salmon, no? Of the very short time I've spent in montreal, I can tell you that everyone I met is a hell of a lot nicer than the people here (toronto). I spent a night in trois rivere (I think that's the name of the town/city), and they are very nice there aswell..

Stereotypes are bad..

I think she is more likely to show up in mexico rather than Canada or the US, she has a massive fan-base in mexico..

Yes i enjoy less polluted air and tropical weather opposed to extremy humid summers and Cold winters ,wouldn't you ? so honestly i guess it just has to do with personal experiences.

also ahem... *stereotypes are bad..*
read your first line before you post your opinion of stereotypes. Only a complete idiot would feel justified posting a retorical comment like that :confused:

HibyPrime
12-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Yes i enjoy less polluted air and tropical weather opposed to extremy humid summers and Cold winters ,wouldn't you ? so honestly i guess it just has to do with personal experiences.

also ahem... *stereotypes are bad..*
read your first line before you post your opinion of stereotypes. Only a complete idiot would feel justified posting a retorical comment like that :confused:

I was saying that because you live in BC there are stereotypes that say you like rain, salmon and skiing.. Obviously you are quite dense, so I will say it with complete clarity for you: Assuming that everyone in quebec is un-friendly and stuck up is just being ignorant (and quite mean), as is assuming everyone in BC likes to ski...

alizéefièvre
12-11-2006, 12:12 AM

Stereotypes are bad..

First of all I enjoy tropical weather and Less polluted air.
And honestly i guess it has to do with personal experiences....

Plus to your little stereotypes are bad rant up there. Only a complete idiot would post a rhetorical opinion, which clearly is stereotypical.
In other words read your FIRST line you moron and then think twice about being hipocritical. :confused:

tu es fée

alizéefièvre
12-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Only repeating what i said before in hopes that it sticks. obviously i live in british columbia because its as far as possible from the dirty sodomizing east, without leaving this beautiful country. And yes, i do love salmon. I also tend to appreciate rain. I do love these little bits of nature which are scattered amongst my homeland. Assuming you're from toronto, I assume you love drive-bys, crack cocaine, and hookers with AIDS. Have fun being the epitomy of the word douchebag, and bringing a bad name to us canadians thank you, and proceed to do the canadian thing, and drown under some ice.

rwd716
12-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Wow, lol! You guys rock :D

RadioactiveMan
12-11-2006, 01:15 AM
even France wont take them back

Separatists don't want to go back to France. They want Quebec to be its own nation. That would be like saying that English-speaking Canadians want to place themselves under the dominion of England. It'd be worse, even, because the Quebecois have been living there for far, far longer than any English-speaking people have been living in Canada.

HibyPrime
12-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Only repeating what i said before in hopes that it sticks. obviously i live in british columbia because its as far as possible from the dirty sodomizing east, without leaving this beautiful country. And yes, i do love salmon. I also tend to appreciate rain. I do love these little bits of nature which are scattered amongst my homeland. Assuming you're from toronto, I assume you love drive-bys, crack cocaine, and hookers with AIDS. Have fun being the epitomy of the word douchebag, and bringing a bad name to us canadians thank you, and proceed to do the canadian thing, and drown under some ice.

You really are fucking dense arent you? Do you not understand sarcasm???

The first bit of you liking salmon was being sarcastic, and was intentionally mean to show you what you were doing by saying all quebecers are stuck up.

You may want to think twice before insulting the rest of Canada, because you are making the rest of BC look bad by even thinking of saying that - by using your mentality, that is.

Nitro
12-11-2006, 06:14 PM

I saw Alizee in a Mexican television commercial the other day! (Just got back from vacation there yesterday). I was just flipping channels when I saw her doing "La Isla Bonita". My jaw dropped and I was like "holy shit!!!" :eek: :D

The ad was for Cablemas, a Mexican telecom company. It just showed the clip of her La Isla video and a couple clips from some movies. Don't know what the ad was saying exactly as I don't speak spanish, but I think it was just a typical ad for a subscription to cable tv. The fact that they used Alizee means that she is still popular there even after all this time without anything new.

I was thinking on the plane ride down there that it would be awesome to hear one of her songs in a club or something, so it was pretty cool to see her on TV:D , can only hope it will happen here someday.

rwd716
12-11-2006, 11:21 PM
You lucky bitch!...well, I guess I heard her in "A Good Year," but that's different.

lobowolf14
12-11-2006, 11:23 PM
About that... is her song actually played in the movie or just in the trailer?

aFrenchie
12-12-2006, 06:59 AM
About that... is her song actually played in the movie or just in the trailer?
It's in both.